Windows 10: In File Explorer, can no longer see selected files (not hilighted)

Discus and support In File Explorer, can no longer see selected files (not hilighted) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In File Explorer, when I select a file in the list, it used to hilight so you could tell, but since recently installing Updates (January 2019) you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TDB_1978, Jan 29, 2019.

1. TDB_1978 Win User

In File Explorer, can no longer see selected files (not hilighted)

In File Explorer, when I select a file in the list, it used to hilight so you could tell, but since recently installing Updates (January 2019) you cannot see what files you have selected. This is a problem when copying multiple files since you cannot tell if you have all of the intended files selected or not. How do I fix this?

:)

TDB_1978, Jan 29, 2019
  2. rezpower Win User

Creators Update Files in explorer no longer highlighted when selected

After the latest Creators Update, when I open a folder and select a file (Or select few or all files) the selected files are no longer highlighted like before. You can't see what file is selected. Even in "my computer" selecting a drive C: D: etc dose not highlight the selected drive! Same thing for folders. If I restart the PC or logout and log back in it's fixed but problem will be back after some time. Anyone has an idea what is wrong here?
    In File Explorer, can no longer see selected files (not hilighted) [​IMG]

In File Explorer, can no longer see selected files (not hilighted) [​IMG]

rezpower, Jan 29, 2019
  3. File explorer not searching in This PC

Hi George,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Windows Explorer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

1. In File Explorer, can no longer see selected files (not hilighted) - Similar Threads - File Explorer longer

2. When selecting multiple files in File Explorer it no longer shows details for them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When selecting multiple files in File Explorer it no longer shows details for them: Prior to the recent updates, I could select multiple files in File Explorer and it would provide the total size for the selection in the right hand column. Now it only shows the number of files selected and provides instructions to select only one file to get the size. I need...
  3. When selecting multiple files in File Explorer it no longer shows details for them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When selecting multiple files in File Explorer it no longer shows details for them: Prior to the recent updates, I could select multiple files in File Explorer and it would provide the total size for the selection in the right hand column. Now it only shows the number of files selected and provides instructions to select only one file to get the size. I need...
  4. When selecting multiple files in File Explorer it no longer shows details for them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File explorer - selecting files = opening files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer - selecting files = opening files: HiI do wish you could look at the usability of various things, File Explorer being one of them. When in any of the various views, the rounded edge check boxes so bloomin' tiny!! You could use Magnifier - but it really doesn't help - if I've got two instances of Explorer...
  6. File explorer - selecting files = opening files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer - selecting files = opening files: HiI do wish you could look at the usability of various things, File Explorer being one of them. When in any of the various views, the rounded edge check boxes so bloomin' tiny!! You could use Magnifier - but it really doesn't help - if I've got two instances of Explorer...
  7. File Explorer: Selecting contiguous files

File Explorer: Selecting contiguous files: Tested on Lenovo and HP laptops: Windows 10 v1909 & v2004 File Explorers only very occasionally allow<select>+<Shift> to select contiguous files - a procedure which worked in previous OS versions and never officially withdrawn. Single and randomselects, work O.K.....
  8. Files in File Explorer are not selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files in File Explorer are not selected: Prior the issue File Explorer kept a selected file selected. I could select a file, then open it, save etc. without having to click on the mouse. Currently folder settings in File Explorer have changed because the file I have opened is not stayed selected anymore. I have to...
  9. Selecting a file crashes File Explorer

Selecting a file crashes File Explorer: I have a presentation to do tomorrow. Because I haven't paid for any Microsoft subscriptions, I've made my presentation using Google Slides. However, as a backup, I'm trying to save the file as a .pptx to have on a flashdrive should I not have access to the internet. Thing...
  10. Creators Update Files in explorer no longer highlighted when selected

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update Files in explorer no longer highlighted when selected: After the latest Creators Update, when I open a folder and select a file (Or select few or all files) the selected files are no longer highlighted like before. You can't see what file is selected. Even in "my computer" selecting a drive C: D: etc dose not highlight the...