Windows 10: In File Explorer, Folder with many pics snaps back to beginning constantly while working...

Discus and support In File Explorer, Folder with many pics snaps back to beginning constantly while working... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So Irritating! I have a file folder in Windows 10 that has almost 2500 photos that I need to work with such as renaming different ones, etc. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by InDeeper, Jan 2, 2020.

1. InDeeper Win User

In File Explorer, Folder with many pics snaps back to beginning constantly while working...

So Irritating! I have a file folder in Windows 10 that has almost 2500 photos that I need to work with such as renaming different ones, etc. When I am scrolling down the large icons to the one picture I want to rename, let's say, I finally find it and select to rename and then the folder snaps all the pictures back to the beginning of the files within that folder. I need them to be in the one folder even though that is a lot of pictures. Is there some setting I can change so that I can scroll all I want up and down through the photos and it doesn't constantly go back to the beginning of the photos. It sure makes doing what I'm trying to do so time consuming. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

:)

InDeeper, Jan 2, 2020

2. Files remain in original folder after moving them to new folder in file explorer

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the File Explorer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you reset the folder settings from the
    Folder Options. This will reboot the folder’s preferences to its default state and remove any possible software conflict. To do this, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View.
    • Under the Folder views section, click Reset Folders, and then select
      Yes to confirm.
    • Once you’re done, click OK, and then check if the issue persists.

Note: This process will remove the list of files that you recently opened.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Jan 2, 2020
  3. In File Explorer a long list of file names snaps back to the top of the list after a few seconds

I have many folders containing many screen fulls of files. When I scroll down to find some file many screens down, after a few seconds the file explorer software snaps the view back to the top so I am unable to work with the selected file. This problem
    is particularly annoying when processing photos saved on my phone where literally a list of thousands of shots reside and I wish to work on a few therein. The view just snaps back to the top before I can do anything. A search of settings for File Explorer
    provides no option I can find to make a file list display stable.

kenandcarol99, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

In File Explorer, Folder with many pics snaps back to beginning constantly while working...

Copying down file folders with names and growing dates

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create multiple folders of same name with progressive dates, I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you.

• Open File Explorer and navigate to the location where you want the folders to be created.
    • On the address bar, where the folder path is displayed, erase the folder path and type
      CMD to open a Command Prompt window.
    • Once the Command Prompt window opens, copy paste the following command and hit Enter:

for %d in (2019.6.17 Job Progress Pics, 2019.6.18 Job Progress Pics, 2019.6.19 Job Progress Pics, 2019.6.20 Job Progress Pics, etc) do mkdir %d

Note:

Replace ‘etc’ with rest of the dates for the month. (Eg: ‘2019.6.X Job Progress Pics’ where X is the date)

• Exit Command Prompt and see if multiple folders are created with the progressive dates on the preferred location.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. In File Explorer, Folder with many pics snaps back to beginning constantly while working... - Similar Threads - File Explorer Folder

2. File Explorer. Auto Snap to new renamed folder location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer. Auto Snap to new renamed folder location?: I have a large Folder with lots of Sub-Folers. When I create and then rename a New folder in File Explorer, the file jumps to the alphabetical position it should be located and disappears from within the window I have open and I then have to scroll up or down until I find it....
  3. File Explorer. Auto Snap to new renamed folder location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer. Auto Snap to new renamed folder location?: I have a large Folder with lots of Sub-Folers. When I create and then rename a New folder in File Explorer, the file jumps to the alphabetical position it should be located and disappears from within the window I have open and I then have to scroll up or down until I find it....
  4. Sort by Date Modified while showing Folders at the beginning for every Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sort by Date Modified while showing Folders at the beginning for every Folder: Hello, is there any possible way to change the sorting settings to let ALL the folders on windows to be sorted by Date Modified while showing the visible Folders at the beginning of the folder you're viewing without having to do it manually for every single folder? The only...
  5. File Explorer, Icon Pic Question

File Explorer, Icon Pic Question: Can anyone tell me what the paper pic on my folder icons is? Just had to reload all software and now I have an addition to my icons. I want to get rid of that addition. Anyone HELP! Here's a pic [ATTACH] Thanks Bob B email me at: *** Email address is removed for...
  6. File Explorer Crashes while scrolling on folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Crashes while scrolling on folders: While scrolling down on folders in my drive the file explorer closes and restarts, this makes it impossible to acces some files, and in some folders it crashes as soon as I open it, the error is: Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped working Date ‎8/‎27/‎2020 11:04 PM...
  7. renaming pic files in folder.

renaming pic files in folder.: Various numbers and letters. This was easy with a simple right click on each pic and insert saved name+ 0 2,3,4,5,6. Now the operation is predicting and inserting and duplicating??? Thus needing more and more reworking - Why?...
  8. Snap back to top in File Explorer

Snap back to top in File Explorer: Whenever I am searching files, in a folder that has more than one page view in Windows Explorer, it snaps back to the top after a few seconds. How do I stop this?...
  9. Recover Lost Folders, files and pics

Recover Lost Folders, files and pics: I lost all my files and folders and pics when I had to reset my pc to factory condition how do I get them all back without back ups? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-lost-folders-files-and-pics/8f089811-f6e9-497a-b723-dd9b7b404333"
  10. When browsing windows explorer it jumps back to beginning of folder list

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When browsing windows explorer it jumps back to beginning of folder list: I'm browsing files with Windows Explorer. There are a large number of files. As I browse down the cursor suddenly goes back to the beginning of the file list. ¿How can I avoid this?...