Windows 10: In File Explorer, how do I disable Backspace from changing the folder.

Discus and support In File Explorer, how do I disable Backspace from changing the folder. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Windows 10, in File Explorer, when I'm working on naming files, because the backspace key is right next to the Enter key, I often hit it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Syril Ram, Nov 9, 2019 at 4:12 PM.

1. Syril Ram Win User

In File Explorer, how do I disable Backspace from changing the folder.

In Windows 10, in File Explorer, when I'm working on naming files, because the backspace key is right next to the Enter key, I often hit it accidentally and it takes me to the previous folder. Please tell me how to disable this.

:)

2. Files remain in original folder after moving them to new folder in file explorer

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the File Explorer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you reset the folder settings from the
    Folder Options. This will reboot the folder’s preferences to its default state and remove any possible software conflict. To do this, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View.
    • Under the Folder views section, click Reset Folders, and then select
      Yes to confirm.
    • Once you’re done, click OK, and then check if the issue persists.

Note: This process will remove the list of files that you recently opened.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

3. How to Disable Preview Pane in File Explorer

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.
    • Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View Tab.
    • Click on Preview Pane to view\hide it.

Refer:

How to work with files and folders

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/files-folders-windows-explorer

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you

4. Ralph Sta Win User

Expanding folders in file explorer

Hi,

In answer to your query, yes, there's an option to change the Folder View Options of your File Explorer. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click File tab.
    • Select Change folder and search options.
    • Click View tab.
    • Under Advanced settings, scroll down to Navigation pane.
    • Check Expand to open folder, Show all folders, and
      Show libraries.

You can also check all the options, and set it up the way you wanted.

We'll be here if you need more help.

Thema:

1. In File Explorer, how do I disable Backspace from changing the folder. - Similar Threads - File Explorer disable

2. How do i disable dark mode only in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i disable dark mode only in file explorer: I am on win10 pro 64bit and i want to disable the dark mode only in the file exlplorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-dark-mode-only-in-file-explorer/59b3cf14-a882-4307-9908-6e0bbaef5ee2
  3. How do I disable the "Recent files" in Windows Explorer (of Win10)?

How do I disable the "Recent files" in Windows Explorer (of Win10)?: I have tried all kinds of ways but give up. I am new to Win10. It seems there is a feature to display the most recently accessed files to the right of the Win explorer panel when viewing a particular drive, folder or external device. I don't even know how it is triggered...
  4. In+file+explorer%2C+how+do+I+change+the+file+desig nation+from+"custom+files"+to+"all+files"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In+file+explorer%2C+how+do+I+change+the+file+desig nation+from+"custom+files"+to+"all+files": When I access my Desktop with File Explorer, the little window on the bottom right of the screen shows "Custom Files" by default. There is an option for this window that says "All Files". I would like to change the default option to "All Files". I have not been able to...
  5. How do I change the zoom or font size in File Explorer

How do I change the zoom or font size in File Explorer: How do I change the zoom or font size in File Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-zoom-or-font-size-in-file/387705e7-4b31-48d1-afec-ea9c5a5d9014
  6. How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit: [img] is there a way to stop links being opened in the red box in the above image as i want to disable this using either windows registry or gpedit 111881
  7. How do i change File Explorer Background Colour from White

How do i change File Explorer Background Colour from White: Is there an easy way to just change the file explorer background colour from white to another colour (light grey) with Win 10? I don't want to change to a different theme etc such as high contrast etc...I just want to change the background colour of the main file explorer...
  8. How do I disable vertical scrollbar popup in Windows/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable vertical scrollbar popup in Windows/File Explorer: Either I never noticed it before or I somehow triggered it but it's been showing up for a couple days everytime I manually scroll in Windows Explorer, never shows when I'm using my mouse's scroll wheel and doesn't show in the 'Lists' option in the View bar. When the popup...
  9. Disable Zip File Compressed Folders File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Zip File Compressed Folders File Explorer: Hi all...Using Win10 Pro x64. I would like to disable windows showing .zip files in explorer as a folder...When you highlight it the contents inside the .zip are shown in the right pane view. I've scoured the net and found ways for Win7(which I did disable .zip folders on my...
  10. How do disable search history in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do disable search history in file explorer?: Hello, I was wondering how do I completely disable the search history in the search box in file explorer? I found this guide, but this is for erasing only. Clear File Explorer History in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials I want to completely disable the search...