Windows 10: In file explorer,when I try to move or copy files,it wont let me do it

Discus and support In file explorer,when I try to move or copy files,it wont let me do it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In file explorer,when I try to move or copy files,it wont let me do it.My places to save aren't listed now.I get a screen after I get" choose a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NATALIA1040, Dec 18, 2019.

1. In file explorer,when I try to move or copy files,it wont let me do it

In file explorer,when I try to move or copy files,it wont let me do it.My places to save aren't listed now.I get a screen after I get" choose a location" that used to have where to save like Desktop,Downloads and so on and now it is blank.

:)

NATALIA1040, Dec 18, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Dec 18, 2019
  4. temp02 Win User

In file explorer,when I try to move or copy files,it wont let me do it

Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

It's an .exe right? Explorer probably read its icon (to a cache) when it was a "small" file and now call the quits when it finds "such a big" file.

If you want to delete it, use the console after killing explorer, you can run the console from TaskManager (Application -> New Task -> cmd). You might want to try copy the file to a different location (copy, not cut) and see if explorer can handle it in the new location before deleting it.

temp02, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

In file explorer,when I try to move or copy files,it wont let me do it

1. In file explorer,when I try to move or copy files,it wont let me do it - Similar Threads - file explorer try

2. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.: I am trying to clean up my computer and whenever I try to copy or move any elements from one directory to another it suddenly gets stuck after a couple of files or even at the very beginning. Just like so:This makes me unable to organize any of my folders on my computer. I...
  3. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.: I am trying to clean up my computer and whenever I try to copy or move any elements from one directory to another it suddenly gets stuck after a couple of files or even at the very beginning. Just like so:This makes me unable to organize any of my folders on my computer. I...
  4. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows explorer wont let me rename existing file

windows explorer wont let me rename existing file: Everytime i try to change file name i get this error any ideas as to why id also like to mentiomn this just started recently then a little while i had amn eror stating that windows ran into a problem had to festart and also a grey screen appeard...
  6. windows explorer wont let me rename existing file

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows explorer wont let me rename existing file: Everytime i try to change file name i get this error any ideas as to why id also like to mentiomn this just started recently then a little while i had amn eror stating that windows ran into a problem had to festart and also a grey screen appeard...
  7. windows explorer wont let me rename existing file

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy: Hello. I can't figure out why when I drag and drop files to different folders in File Explorer there are times it 'moves' versus 'copies'. I can't tell what I'm doing differently. Thanks....
  9. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy: Hello. I can't figure out why when I drag and drop files to different folders in File Explorer there are times it 'moves' versus 'copies'. I can't tell what I'm doing differently. Thanks....
  10. File Explorer wont let me open a file with a different program

File Explorer wont let me open a file with a different program: This MC shaders had something I needed to fix, but when i was going to fix it i accidentally chose my browser, and now it wont let me change programs. how do i fix this? [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer wont let me copy files to mobile

2. file explorer copy to wont work

3. files moved to sharepoint with file explorer not working

4. file explorer crashes when tried to copy files