Windows 10: In File Explorer, when viewing with Small icons, can I have more space to read a title?

Discus and support In File Explorer, when viewing with Small icons, can I have more space to read a title? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What I can read of a title just me only about half of the file viewing space as if there were categories only not shown.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LAPIII, Dec 10, 2018.

1. LAPIII Win User

In File Explorer, when viewing with Small icons, can I have more space to read a title?

What I can read of a title just me only about half of the file viewing space as if there were categories only not shown.

:)

LAPIII, Dec 10, 2018

2. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Dec 10, 2018
  3. File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 10, 2018
  4. JCherner Win User

In File Explorer, when viewing with Small icons, can I have more space to read a title?

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hahahahahaahahahaha

Hahahhahahahahahahaha

JCherner, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

1. In File Explorer, when viewing with Small icons, can I have more space to read a title? - Similar Threads - File Explorer viewing

2. Can only see desktop icons in small view.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can only see desktop icons in small view.: How to make desktop icons size work in all size views, can only see desktop Icons in small view? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-only-see-desktop-icons-in-small-view/6e186ad4-36a8-4af9-a6af-8fcbe1ce999c
  3. Can only see desktop icons in small view.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can only see desktop icons in small view.: How to make desktop icons size work in all size views, can only see desktop Icons in small view? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-only-see-desktop-icons-in-small-view/6e186ad4-36a8-4af9-a6af-8fcbe1ce999c
  4. More padding/spacing in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    More padding/spacing in File Explorer?: There's an option under tablet mode called "When I'm not using tablet mode". Under this, there is an option for making file explorer icons easier to touch which should allegedly give File Explorer more spacing/padding, similar to Win11. But it doesn't do anything for me. Is...
  5. How to view more contents when searching in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to view more contents when searching in file explorer?: Hi everyone, I'm new to this, so please bear with me. We run Windows 10 at work and I am having issues with search results in file explorer. Before we upgraded to Windows 10, when the search results would show up I could see the contents below the name of the document...
  6. Is there any way to view small images in File Explorer larger?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to view small images in File Explorer larger?: I'm currently working on small pixel sprites for a game. I just recently switched to Windows from MacOS, and on there if there were very small pictures they would be upscaled without becoming blurry so they were easier to see. With Windows, it doesn't matter how large I make...
  7. "Line spacing" in File Explorer "List" View

in Windows 10 Support
    "Line spacing" in File Explorer "List" View: It seems like something changed in the past day or two to add line spacing when in List View in Explorer. Not sure if it's quite double-spacing, but there definitely is more vertical space between items now. Any idea how to reset that to the previous single-spacing? Here's...
  8. View Large Icons in File Explorer

View Large Icons in File Explorer: In Large Icon View in File Explorer: Why does it display my photos on my PC but only shows a standard line diagram on my laptop. (Both computers are running Windows 10.)...
  9. File Explore.. viewing picture icon

File Explore.. viewing picture icon: I used to be able to view a jpg or jpeg file in any folder it was in when I selected that folder.. It was very useful when I wanted to include it in a email or text message and I did not have to memorize the file name instead of looking at the picture and choosing it.. why...
  10. File Explorer Icons Spacing Length

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Icons Spacing Length: Good morning everyone.. i need help to reset my file explorer's look back like before, please.. The space between files and folders is not auto tight anymore.. it's too long / big, omg, it's so do annoy me.. Does any know how to fix it, any assistance would be greatly...