Windows 10: In file explorer, WIndows 10 does not display graphics icons properly

Discus and support In file explorer, WIndows 10 does not display graphics icons properly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has anyone had this problem? After the Windows 8.1 débâcle, Windows 10 has been a breeze. But instead of seeing the actual thumbnail of a graphic file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mike Patrick, Aug 1, 2015.

1. In file explorer, WIndows 10 does not display graphics icons properly

Has anyone had this problem? After the Windows 8.1 débâcle, Windows 10 has been a breeze. But instead of seeing the actual thumbnail of a graphic file in file explorer, I get
    In file explorer, WIndows 10 does not display graphics icons properly [​IMG]
    this. Is there some setting where I can actually see what the picture is in file explorer?

Thanks.*Cool

:)

Mike Patrick, Aug 1, 2015
  2. J.Clement Win User

Explorer in Win 10 stopped contents in icon, or previewing on new TIF files, incorrect count

Win 10 explorer displays existing TIF icons properly, and can preview the picture. But I just added 7 more to the existing 21 and the new ones will not preview, or display the contents inside the icon. I tried converting one of the TIFs to a jpg, and that
    showed the large icon contents properly, but still would not display.

In addition I selected the 21 original TIF files and the selected count is only 1, but the total file count is a correct 30 on the status line at the bottom of the explorer window. Right clicking on properties gave the correct count.

I have tried changing the display format to list and back to large icons, clicking on the refresh button at the top of the window and none of these fixed the problem. Win 7 worked OK before the upgrade.

Now going to some other folders, existing icons are not displaying properly!!!!!!

Explorer has loads of problems, so How do I fix the icon problem????? or is there a patch for it??????

J.Clement, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer - Details & Huge Icon

Windows 10 File Explorer - when using the details option - uses 1/3 of the screen to display a useless icon. The icon says something like "26 Files". I have to change the detail mode to thumbnail mode to look at some long named file extensions. The screen
    does not allow the ability to increase the size of the right-most field to eliminate the icon.

How can the icon to the right of the screen in Windows 10 File Explorer in detail option be eliminated?

Irish Texan, Aug 1, 2015
  4. In file explorer, WIndows 10 does not display graphics icons properly

Never mind.. In folder options, uncheck "Always Show Icons, Never Thumbnails."

Mike Patrick, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

In file explorer, WIndows 10 does not display graphics icons properly

1. In file explorer, WIndows 10 does not display graphics icons properly - Similar Threads - file explorer does

2. Explorer Thumbnails not displaying movie icon for MP4 files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Thumbnails not displaying movie icon for MP4 files: I'm using Windows 10 and have noticed for a while that a lot of my MP4 files do not display show that a file is an MP4 file in Explorer. I view the files using Thumbnails, not icons, and usually view as Large Icons or Extra Large icons. Some MP4 files clearly show that...
  3. how does file explorer preview pane display PDF documents?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how does file explorer preview pane display PDF documents?: The file explorer preview pane can display thumbnails of PDF documents. I'd love to know how it does that because I'd like to be able to capture the thumbnail of the first page of PDFs and save the capture to an image format (e.g., jpg, png, tiff, etc). I'd like to...
  4. Windows not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows not displaying properly: So this is how my windows appear. Texts are missing everywhere! It's close to impossible doing even just simple tasks. It's actually a good thing to have the names of the folders on the left side of the screen in this photo since they also disappeared as I was copying the...
  5. Displaying Thumbnails for .jpg files in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Displaying Thumbnails for .jpg files in Windows 10 File Explorer: For some reason I cannot get File Explorer in Windows 10 to display thumbnails of my .jpg files. That makes scanning through hundreds of photos very tedious. I am using a desktop, a standard display monitor, manual keyboard, and mouse -- no touch screen. I have done...
  6. Drive capacity graphic in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Drive capacity graphic in File Explorer: Has anyone else noticed this or is it something specific to my Windows 10 Preview (10162). The graphic in File Explorer that should indicate used and free space on a drive is as you can see not very intuitive. It was a pie chart on all previous versions of Windows that I can...
  7. File Explorer does not display embedded album art in FLAC files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer does not display embedded album art in FLAC files: I do remember clearly that in Windows 8.1, I was able to see embedded album art in FLAC files in File (Windows) Explorer. But after Windows 10 got here, this stopped. I can only see them in MP3 files. Did something happen to this functionality? Can anyone confirm this (or...
  8. Navigation pane icons are displayed badly in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation pane icons are displayed badly in file explorer: last week I upgraded to windows 10. All seems fine and works except that I have a display problem in file explorer The icons on the navigation pane (left) seem to have a white box superimposed on them. Changing an icon does not help just shows the new icon with the white box...
  9. Some MP4 Files Are Not Displaying Icons in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Some MP4 Files Are Not Displaying Icons in File Explorer: I've ripped several DVDs to MP4s. In Windows 10 - 64-bit file explorer, some of the icons for the MP4 files display as the movie poster and some of the icons appear as a snapshot of the 1st still (e.g. opening credits vs. movie poster). Is there a way to get all the MP4 icons...
  10. Onedrive icons not displaying properly!

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive icons not displaying properly!: I have a very weird issue where the folder and file symbols associated with onedrive (sync, OK or ERROR symbols) are not displayed when navigating the onedrive folder on my PC. All the files and folders only display the sync symbol while the onedrive app in the taskbar shows...