Windows 10: In file explorer, WIndows 10 does not display graphics icons properly

Discus and support In file explorer, WIndows 10 does not display graphics icons properly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has anyone had this problem? After the Windows 8.1 débâcle, Windows 10 has been a breeze. But instead of seeing the actual thumbnail of a graphic file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mike Patrick, Aug 1, 2015.

1. In file explorer, WIndows 10 does not display graphics icons properly

Has anyone had this problem? After the Windows 8.1 débâcle, Windows 10 has been a breeze. But instead of seeing the actual thumbnail of a graphic file in file explorer, I get
    In file explorer, WIndows 10 does not display graphics icons properly [​IMG]
    this. Is there some setting where I can actually see what the picture is in file explorer?

Thanks.*Cool

:)

Mike Patrick, Aug 1, 2015
  2. J.Clement Win User

Explorer in Win 10 stopped contents in icon, or previewing on new TIF files, incorrect count

Win 10 explorer displays existing TIF icons properly, and can preview the picture. But I just added 7 more to the existing 21 and the new ones will not preview, or display the contents inside the icon. I tried converting one of the TIFs to a jpg, and that
    showed the large icon contents properly, but still would not display.

In addition I selected the 21 original TIF files and the selected count is only 1, but the total file count is a correct 30 on the status line at the bottom of the explorer window. Right clicking on properties gave the correct count.

I have tried changing the display format to list and back to large icons, clicking on the refresh button at the top of the window and none of these fixed the problem. Win 7 worked OK before the upgrade.

Now going to some other folders, existing icons are not displaying properly!!!!!!

Explorer has loads of problems, so How do I fix the icon problem????? or is there a patch for it??????

J.Clement, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer - Details & Huge Icon

Windows 10 File Explorer - when using the details option - uses 1/3 of the screen to display a useless icon. The icon says something like "26 Files". I have to change the detail mode to thumbnail mode to look at some long named file extensions. The screen
    does not allow the ability to increase the size of the right-most field to eliminate the icon.

How can the icon to the right of the screen in Windows 10 File Explorer in detail option be eliminated?

Irish Texan, Aug 1, 2015
  4. In file explorer, WIndows 10 does not display graphics icons properly

Never mind.. In folder options, uncheck "Always Show Icons, Never Thumbnails."

Mike Patrick, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

In file explorer, WIndows 10 does not display graphics icons properly

1. In file explorer, WIndows 10 does not display graphics icons properly - Similar Threads - file explorer does

2. File explorer does not work properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer does not work properly: Whenever I try to open a folder using file explorer, it opens another file explorer tab without taking me to the actual folder.I've already tried updating Windows, restarting PC and file explorer, checking for corrupted files, but the problem still persists.Here's a video of...
  3. File explorer does not work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer does not work properly: Whenever I try to open a folder using file explorer, it opens another file explorer tab without taking me to the actual folder.I've already tried updating Windows, restarting PC and file explorer, checking for corrupted files, but the problem still persists.Here's a video of...
  4. File explorer does not work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. file path does not display in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file path does not display in file explorer: File path is not display in file explorer windows 11, all it shows is documents, pictures, etc. I want c:\..users.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-does-not-display-in-file-explorer/08b7ae14-413f-42a2-9789-26cfb0e5adad
  6. file path does not display in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file path does not display in file explorer: File path is not display in file explorer windows 11, all it shows is documents, pictures, etc. I want c:\..users.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-does-not-display-in-file-explorer/08b7ae14-413f-42a2-9789-26cfb0e5adad
  7. Windows 10 Icons not being displayed properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Icons not being displayed properly: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sherwinsanto [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mnefgt/windows_10_icons_not_being_displayed_properly/
  8. File Explorer Not Displaying Japanese Characters Properly Win 10

File Explorer Not Displaying Japanese Characters Properly Win 10: Hello, I am having a particular issue that in general seems to be pretty common but of which I have personally find no solution no known solution that *works*. The issue I am having is that, particularly for folders/files that I download from the web using a browser, file...
  9. File Explorer not being able to display proper icons for programs, files and folders when...

File Explorer not being able to display proper icons for programs, files and folders when...: When I insert a removable drive like a USB flash drive, external SSD or HDD file explorer starts to load even the icons even the quick access page and the This PC page so slowly even the CPU, RAM and HDD are completely fast and fine. But when I reopen file explorer not even...
  10. Window 10 File Explorer cannot properly display the metadata for FLAC files

Window 10 File Explorer cannot properly display the metadata for FLAC files: Window 10 File Explorer seems not able to display the metadata (e.g., Title, Contributing Artist, Album Artist, Album, etc.) of some FLAC files, the contents get truncated, blanked out, or replaced with other funny character. I can see the problematic metadata are populated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows file explorer graphics doesnt display correctly

2. windows file explorer display accented characters properly

3. MP4 Files Are Not Displaying Icons in File Explorer

4. windows 10 file not displaying properly,
  5. frame disappeared when focused in file explorer in windows 10