In file explorer, WIndows 10 does not display graphics icons properly

Discus and support In file explorer, WIndows 10 does not display graphics icons properly in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Has anyone had this problem? After the Windows 8.1 débâcle, Windows 10 has been a breeze. But instead of seeing the actual thumbnail of a graphic file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mike Patrick, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Mike Patrick Win User

Has anyone had this problem? After the Windows 8.1 débâcle, Windows 10 has been a breeze. But instead of seeing the actual thumbnail of a graphic file in file explorer, I get
    [​IMG]
    this. Is there some setting where I can actually see what the picture is in file explorer?

Thanks.*Cool

:)

Mike Patrick, Aug 1, 2015
  2. J.Clement Win User

Explorer in Win 10 stopped contents in icon, or previewing on new TIF files, incorrect count

Win 10 explorer displays existing TIF icons properly, and can preview the picture. But I just added 7 more to the existing 21 and the new ones will not preview, or display the contents inside the icon. I tried converting one of the TIFs to a jpg, and that
    showed the large icon contents properly, but still would not display.

In addition I selected the 21 original TIF files and the selected count is only 1, but the total file count is a correct 30 on the status line at the bottom of the explorer window. Right clicking on properties gave the correct count.

I have tried changing the display format to list and back to large icons, clicking on the refresh button at the top of the window and none of these fixed the problem. Win 7 worked OK before the upgrade.

Now going to some other folders, existing icons are not displaying properly!!!!!!

Explorer has loads of problems, so How do I fix the icon problem????? or is there a patch for it??????

J.Clement, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Irish Texan Win User
    Windows 10 File Explorer - Details & Huge Icon

Windows 10 File Explorer - when using the details option - uses 1/3 of the screen to display a useless icon. The icon says something like "26 Files". I have to change the detail mode to thumbnail mode to look at some long named file extensions. The screen
    does not allow the ability to increase the size of the right-most field to eliminate the icon.

How can the icon to the right of the screen in Windows 10 File Explorer in detail option be eliminated?

Irish Texan, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Mike Patrick Win User

Never mind.. In folder options, uncheck "Always Show Icons, Never Thumbnails."

Mike Patrick, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

In file explorer, WIndows 10 does not display graphics icons properly - Similar Threads - file explorer does

1. what does red x mean in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    what does red x mean in file explorer?: I just purchased a new laptop with presumably latest Windows 10. Working through some stuff I now see red circles with an "X" inserted by some File Explorer folders - some very important like "Documents". I tried restarting File Explorer and rebooting the computer but the...
  2. wmv file does not appear in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    wmv file does not appear in Windows Explorer: I am trying to convert a .wmv file to .mp4, however the .wmv file does not appear any time I browse for it. I know exactly where it is on my hard drive from a search I performed and it will open and play in the Windows 10 Movie and TV app. However it does not appear anywhere...
  3. AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does

in Windows 10 Support
    AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does: Hello. I have Windows 10 Version 1709 (build 16299.248) and I recently learned that MP3 is a lossy format so I started re-encoding in AIFF but I noticed that in the music folder it only shows the track name. It's indirectly sorted by track order by putting a two digit number...
  4. File Explorer does not display embedded album art in FLAC files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer does not display embedded album art in FLAC files: I do remember clearly that in Windows 8.1, I was able to see embedded album art in FLAC files in File (Windows) Explorer. But after Windows 10 got here, this stopped. I can only see them in MP3 files. Did something happen to this functionality? Can anyone confirm this (or...
  5. Why does some .mp3 files doesn't have ThumbNails on them in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does some .mp3 files doesn't have ThumbNails on them in Explorer?: Ok, let me make it clear first that the files i'm telling/showing you have Album Arts images within them i have checked with several "iD3 Tag editor" programs and they show the album arts within them and i even have put some of my own within them but still Windows File...
  6. File Explorer - Quick Access Does Not Show Recent Files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Quick Access Does Not Show Recent Files: For some strange reasons, File Explorer no longer shows the Recent files. Is there any way to fix this?*Rolleyes 58261
  7. File Explorer (explorer.exe) Does Not Load Automatically At Startup.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer (explorer.exe) Does Not Load Automatically At Startup.: Hi all, I been having this problem for a while. When I boot up my PC and I get to the part of account login, loads my user automatically but the file explorer does not, just shows me a black screen. I can still do CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to bring the task manager...
In file explorer, WIndows 10 does not display graphics icons properly solved