Windows 10: in file folder view options for changing the view are greyed out

Discus and support in file folder view options for changing the view are greyed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; the options to change the view from large icons is greyed out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KarenLongo-Baldwin, Jan 4, 2020.

1. in file folder view options for changing the view are greyed out

the options to change the view from large icons is greyed out

:)

KarenLongo-Baldwin, Jan 4, 2020
  2. TomStrong Win User

Folder view issue

I want my folders (and subfolders) to stay in List view but they keep changing to Details view.

I have tried View>Options>Apply to Folders many times but it doesn't stick.

Any suggestions?

TomStrong, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Jan 4, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

in file folder view options for changing the view are greyed out

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

in file folder view options for changing the view are greyed out

1. in file folder view options for changing the view are greyed out - Similar Threads - file folder view

2. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file view vs folder view: I want to change the photo default to large icons NOT FOLDER/SUBFOLDER VIEW windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-vs-folder-view/61f48573-9b41-4f95-9432-d17387f5eaba
  3. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file view vs folder view: I want to change the photo default to large icons NOT FOLDER/SUBFOLDER VIEW windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-vs-folder-view/61f48573-9b41-4f95-9432-d17387f5eaba
  4. Explorer view options greyed out/bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer view options greyed out/bug: There is this weird entry under the change folder and search options that won't get removed. I tried SFC and DISM, reset explorer, scanned for malware, checked for updates, and nothing worked. I have to point out i tried to use "winfilefolder", but Bitdefender automatically...
  5. Explorer view options greyed out/bug

Explorer view options greyed out/bug: There is this weird entry under the change folder and search options that won't get removed. I tried SFC and DISM, reset explorer, scanned for malware, checked for updates, and nothing worked. I have to point out i tried to use "winfilefolder", but Bitdefender automatically...
  6. Explorer view options greyed out/bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Folder view option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder view option: How to always show folders as icons and show files as thumbnails? I went to Folder Option -> View tab and see that this two settings goes together https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-view-option/5a0d8e1d-8e72-4268-a547-15d778310392
  8. Folder view option

Folder view option: How to always show folders as icons and show files as thumbnails? I went to Folder Option -> View tab and see that this two settings goes together https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-view-option/5a0d8e1d-8e72-4268-a547-15d778310392
  9. Folder view option

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Change folder view options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change folder view options: Hi. I want to permanently change the folder view options but what I want to do isn't available under the "Options" & "View" dialogue box. I would like to have the following columns in all my folders every time I open them: Name - Date Modified - Size - Path. That's all. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. EXPLORER VIEW DETAILS GREYED OUT