Windows 10: In files explorer, my onedrive pictures folder and under "this pc" pictures folder are one...

Discus and support In files explorer, my onedrive pictures folder and under "this pc" pictures folder are one... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In order for me to access my local pictures, I have to go to local disk > users > pictures. Why is that? Why can't my pictures folder under "this pc"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by christian.m1, Nov 15, 2020.

1. In files explorer, my onedrive pictures folder and under "this pc" pictures folder are one...

In order for me to access my local pictures, I have to go to local disk > users > pictures. Why is that? Why can't my pictures folder under "this pc" be my local photos? Instead, it's the onedrive pictures.

:)

christian.m1, Nov 15, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Explorer, OneDrive, and Pictures Folder Bugging Out

So, I have an Explorer sidebar cluttered with broken things. I'll put this in list form so it's easiest to digest:

1) Installed Windows 10. All was well.
    2) Began using OneDrive.
    3) Re-directed Pictures folder to OneDrive (D:\OneDrive\Pictures).
    4) Decided to go back to university. University offers a free OneDrive Business account with 1TB of storage and free access to all the Office apps. Score! Saving 10 bucks a month!
    5) Migrated all of my files from personal account to University account.
    6) Logged out of personal OneDrive account.
    7) Personal OneDrive folder is stuck in the Explorer sidebar and points to the old OneDrive folder, which it keeps making even if I try to delete it.
    8) Tried to re-direct pictures folder to "D:\OneDrive - University\Pictures" and get an "Access Denied" message.

So, I'm stuck with a OneDrive folder in the sidebar I can't get rid of, and a Pictures folder that points to nothing and can't be changed. What can I do to rectify this?

Thanks!

Erglebergle, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Monty_B Win User

In files explorer, my onedrive pictures folder and under "this pc" pictures folder are one...

Missing Pictures folder - Windows 10

When I look in File Explorer and This PC the Pictures folder points to C:\Users\Owner\OneDrive. In other words the Pictures folder in Users\Owner is missing. On my other Windows 10 PC the Pictures folder is listed in This PC as
    C:\Users\Owner\Pictures. How do I restore the system Pictures folder?

Monty\

Monty_B, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

In files explorer, my onedrive pictures folder and under "this pc" pictures folder are one...

1. In files explorer, my onedrive pictures folder and under "this pc" pictures folder are one... - Similar Threads - files explorer onedrive

2. OneDrive for business folder shows up as Pictures on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive for business folder shows up as Pictures on file explorer: Hi all,I have 2 pc’s, a work W10-US and private W11-US pc, that both connect to my OneDrive for Business account, At some point in time I told one or maybe both of these PC’s to back up the desktop, documents, pictures folder to OneDrive for Business.Much later I found out...
  3. Music & Pictures folders no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Music & Pictures folders no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC": Music & Pictures folders libraries? no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC". They are still under c:\users\ and are visible in Libraries and all files are still on the PC. Documents is still visible under This PC. No idea what all of a sudden made this happen. I...
  4. Music & Pictures folders no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music & Pictures folders no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC": Music & Pictures folders libraries? no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC". They are still under c:\users\ and are visible in Libraries and all files are still on the PC. Documents is still visible under This PC. No idea what all of a sudden made this happen. I...
  5. Music & Pictures folders no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. OneDrive Pictures Folder

OneDrive Pictures Folder: How do I get rid of the OneDrive Pictures Folder that shows under This PC in File Explorer. I have unlinked OneDrive. I have no OneDrive Cloud Icon, I have no other OneDrive Folders that show up anywhere. OneDrive itself is not on my computer, yet the Picture Folder linked to...
  7. Pictures Folder and OneDrive

Pictures Folder and OneDrive: I have an account on my PC - when I linked OneDrive - it redirected the default pictures folder to the OneDrive folder - which I do not want. So I unlinked OneDrive, and deleted the OneDrive folder on my desktop. Now all I want is my Pictures folder in my User Folder. Why is...
  8. OneDrive and my pictures folder

OneDrive and my pictures folder: Hi group, I've been using OneDrive on my laptop and my desktop for many years. Recently I noticed that all my pictures are stored on OneDrive, but not my laptop. I don't recall changing anything except entering the Samsung Promo code on OneDrive. The Samsung promo code was...
  9. 'This PC' pictures folder is connected to OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Support
    'This PC' pictures folder is connected to OneDrive.: When I open file explorer, in the 'This PC' tab there is downloads, documents, videos, etc... All of them have the locationC:\Users\<my name> However with pictures it is C:\Users\<my name>\OneDrive In order to find my real pictures folder I have to go to Windows C >...
  10. Explorer, OneDrive, and Pictures Folder Bugging Out

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer, OneDrive, and Pictures Folder Bugging Out: So, I have an Explorer sidebar cluttered with broken things. I'll put this in list form so it's easiest to digest: 1) Installed Windows 10. All was well. 2) Began using OneDrive. 3) Re-directed Pictures folder to OneDrive (D:\OneDrive\Pictures). 4) Decided to go back to...