Windows 10: In-game FPS dropped by half after installation of KB5001391 update

Discus and support In-game FPS dropped by half after installation of KB5001391 update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After installing the update KB5001391 my laptop became slow and games like Minecraft and CSGO fps dropped a lot. Can someone help me to fix it ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hữu BáchNguyễn, May 10, 2021.

1. In-game FPS dropped by half after installation of KB5001391 update

After installing the update KB5001391 my laptop became slow and games like Minecraft and CSGO fps dropped a lot. Can someone help me to fix it ?

:)

Hữu BáchNguyễn, May 10, 2021

2. drop fps every game

Hi,

You can check Preeti Patel's answer on this
    link
    . Some users found her answer helpful. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps she provided and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, May 10, 2021
  3. FPS drop in games

I saw also fps drops with some DX9 games at least since the anniversary update (I even did a fresh install but was the same), the only DX9 game that I play that had fps issues was 4Story (some had no changes, for example TERA, Final Fantasy XIII...), I usually
    had 20-30fps minimum and it runs at 1fps or even lower.

The only way I found to play it was to change the d3d9.dll with the version of it before the anniversary update. A friend also had fps drops in CS:GO with w10 anniversary, so I think the problem is with that file and it should be fixed... There are posts
    that talk about disabling Game DVR in the XBOX app, but since my computer does not meet the requirements I didn't test it.

Daniel_94PT, May 10, 2021
  4. In-game FPS dropped by half after installation of KB5001391 update

FPS drop on Windows 10

what is the model of your laptop. What graphic drivers do you have installed? Can you list a game or two where you measured the FPS drop?

Kevin C [MSFT], May 10, 2021
Thema:

In-game FPS dropped by half after installation of KB5001391 update

1. In-game FPS dropped by half after installation of KB5001391 update - Similar Threads - game FPS dropped

2. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  3. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  4. FPS drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  5. FPS drop in games

FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  6. Fps drops in-game after few hours

Fps drops in-game after few hours: Hey, I'm Bhargav Motiwala. I'm using a Lenovo L340 gaming laptop 1TB storage. I play valorant everyday and recently I upgraded to Windows 11 and now I'm facing a problem that my fps everytime drops from 120fps to 40-50fps. I have tried multiple things like changing driver...
  7. Unable to gaming after windows update huge FPS drop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to gaming after windows update huge FPS drop: Dear Microsoft,Please let me know when i can play games again, because after i installed windows updates, almost all games have huge FPS drops in full screen mode.This is a huge problem for months now. I can't play old games too like games from 2007My PC:Asus n752vx...
  8. FPS Drop in games after reinstalling os

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS Drop in games after reinstalling os: I had recently reinstalled Windows 10 but afterwards noticed that whenever I try to play League of Legends, a not very demanding game, I noticed that my fps would always drop so low near 6-16 fps range. Before reinstalling my OS, I would get 60 fps v-sync on with ultra high...
  9. fps drops after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    fps drops after update: Hello! I mainly play csgo. It used to run in 60 fps. Yesterday, there was a small update. After the update, the fps keeps dropping to 5-15 constantly. I tried to revert that update but I couldn't because windows will only allow me to revert versions and I can't do that...
  10. FPS DROPS AND TEARING AFTER THE UPDATE

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FPS DROPS AND TEARING AFTER THE UPDATE: So i finally did that update that was popping up the whole time and ever since i have been getting fps drops in games like rocket league and cs how do i fix that and if that cant happen how do i go back to the previous version of the windows submitted by /u/DGodSpeed...