Windows 10: In-game [video] playback control

Discus and support In-game [video] playback control in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; First of all, I hope that this feature is actually connected to Windows os and not to Steam client. Now let me explain what happened. I was playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yamiko_Hikari, Oct 25, 2019.

1. In-game [video] playback control

First of all, I hope that this feature is actually connected to Windows os and not to Steam client.

Now let me explain what happened. I was playing Rocket League with a dualshock controller while a youtube video was playing in the background. I accidentaly pressed some button (I think it was "share" button) and a small window appeared in the upper left corner on top of the game. Its outline was of the same color as the taskbar on my computer, so that's why I suppose it was a windows feature. This window was a small player and it showed the youtube video that was playing with buttons to control it. I'd like to be able to open this window again so that I don't have to alt-tab each time I want to stop or continue the video but now I can't open it. I hope somebody will recognize what feature I'm talking about and will help me turn it on again

P.S. I'm pretty sure it's not Game Mode as there is no such feature in it

:)

Yamiko_Hikari, Oct 25, 2019

2. window 10 video playback trouble

Hi David,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need whether you play the video from the website/Movies and TV app?

I suggest you to run the video playback troubleshooter and check if it resolves the issue. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and devices under
      Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Video playback under Windows.

• Click on Advanced on the Video playback dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Video playback troubleshooter.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 25, 2019
  3. No Video Playback

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause video clips not to play on Xbox App.
    It is possible that your video card drivers are not updated. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Are you able to play videos using other applications on your PC?
    • Have you tried to check if offline videos are playing on your PC?
    • Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers?

In the meantime, you may perform the suggested steps under Troubleshooting video or display problems
    on this
    link
    to resolve the issue.

If you need further assistance, you may reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Oct 25, 2019
  4. In-game [video] playback control

Video playback

Hi,

To fix the issue, we suggest that you run the Troubleshooting Wizard to troubleshoot hardware and devices. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the video drivers, then follow these steps:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or
      download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

In-game [video] playback control

1. In-game [video] playback control - Similar Threads - game video playback

2. Video playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video playback: When i playa video or use xcloud my video playback is white and light and i tried everything to fix it please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-playback/15380370-361e-4b56-a59f-26b45f63c704
  3. Video Playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Playback: Why can I not watch any videos on my Windows 10 laptop. This includes YouTube and any video. The sound is perfect. There are lots of solutions on line but none work for me. Any help please?...
  4. video playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video playback: Using Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series and after a recent Window 10 update, all video playback and cursor movement are both choppy or stuttering. Audio is okay. I have updated all drivers but without any results. Thanks....
  5. video playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video playback: Dell laptop running win 10 ver 1903 message your browser does not support video playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-playback/abe1093d-9b0d-4171-9cc1-6b5a8bb71c2d
  6. In-game [video] playback control

in Windows 10 Customization
    In-game [video] playback control: First of all, I hope that this feature is actually connected to Windows os and not to Steam client. Now let me explain what happened. I was playing Rocket League with a dualshock controller while a youtube video was playing in the background. I accidentaly pressed some...
  7. Video playback

Video playback: Just realized that videos that I can play back on Windows media player on my Vista laptop will not play back on my Windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-playback/93491059-7e45-440e-9434-5c9a30382d85
  8. Video Playback

Video Playback: When I go to Netflix, amazon video, u-tube etc. and play a video it goes to max size and I can see only about an eighth of it. Until I hit play, all is normal. I have looked at all settings and can find nothing. HELP!...
  9. Video playback

Video playback: Hi, my laptop recently crashed whilst playing video and now most of the time when playing video, be it using Google Chrome, Windows media player or even the video in the video playback settings, the red and green will be desaturated leaving mostly just the blue, dose not...
  10. Videos playback

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos playback: Since a couple of days ago I cannot play videos properly (on line, or from my own files on the computer). I posted this in a Chrome Forum, it explains my problem: For me, this just started recently (a few days ago) and it does not affect all videos, just some seemingly at...