Windows 10: In games 3gb ram is 50% memory. But i have 16gb in my laptop???

Discus and support In games 3gb ram is 50% memory. But i have 16gb in my laptop??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everyone. I've decided to make a thread because since a few weeks I have noticed that I crash in games or when I stream It crashes even more often.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Didii, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Didii Win User

In games 3gb ram is 50% memory. But i have 16gb in my laptop???

Hey everyone. I've decided to make a thread because since a few weeks I have noticed that I crash in games or when I stream It crashes even more often. I have used my laptop for 2.5 years without an issue unyil i decided to upgrade from a 250gb samsung ssd to a 1TB one, also from samsung. The process went great, very fast and no error messages. I immediately noticed after the first reboot or so that my taskmanager under the memory tab shows 4 slots for RAM. See, this is impossible because my laptop only has two slots. In these slots there are 2 (2400mhz) ram sticks. It shows 2/4 slots used in taskmanager. But that doesnt make any sense to me as there are only 2 slots.. anyways, since closing the old partition, I've noticed to crash in a lot of games very often.. im guessing it's my ram since that has gone all coocoo. Does anyone know what has happened to my system? Im on a gaming laptop by Asus. Asus rog strix GL702VS. Windows 10 home, Gtx1070, i7-7700hq, 16gb ram 2400mhz, 64bit. Thanks for your time as im clueless..

:)

Didii, Dec 19, 2020

2. Glitches at 50% RAM usage, no memory errors

Lately, whenever my computer reaches 50% memory usage (8/16GB), I will get all kinds of glitchieness and application crashes. I'm running a game and a web browser simultaneously. I've booted the computer with both sticks individually, and run the windows memory test, as well as memtest86+. Neither revesled any errors. It's a laptop with both an integrated and dedicated GPU. Game on dGPU, everything else on iGPU. Any ideas? Thanks!

RedshiftVel, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Ram at 50%

Hello everyone i have this problem where my ram is always at 50% above and i jist reformatted my laptop a while ago i have no apps or games but the ram is already at 50% above what should i do? My specs are ryzen 3 3200U 4gb ram

ErnestMalinao, Dec 19, 2020
  4. In games 3gb ram is 50% memory. But i have 16gb in my laptop???

Win10 - 16GB 50% used and low memory error

My PC have 16GB. The task manager display 16GB but says that it never use more than 50%. On top of that I get the low memory message.

I have checked a lot and have just found some posts regarding memory issues but without answers. Is there a way to fix this or is there a patch in the way?

GuarionexRobiou, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

In games 3gb ram is 50% memory. But i have 16gb in my laptop???

1. In games 3gb ram is 50% memory. But i have 16gb in my laptop??? - Similar Threads - games 3gb ram

2. My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb: Dear Microsoft,Recently I have realized some apps on my laptop works slow, so I checked from the task manager to see the problem. In the Performance menu it showed only 8GB of ram, while my laptop has 16gb of ram.I have also tried this technique1. Run see below:...
  3. My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb: Dear Microsoft,Recently I have realized some apps on my laptop works slow, so I checked from the task manager to see the problem. In the Performance menu it showed only 8GB of ram, while my laptop has 16gb of ram.I have also tried this technique1. Run see below:...
  4. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  5. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  6. 16gb RAM running at 50% idle, and 95-98% when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16gb RAM running at 50% idle, and 95-98% when gaming: HI! Below is a link to my pc build and specs, I have also attached a screenshot from the resource monitor: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/D29NnQI have enabled XMP and am not using a fresh copy of windows as it booted to an old SSD I had installed. Not adept in bios settings or...
  7. 16gb RAM running at 50% idle, and 95-98% when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16gb RAM running at 50% idle, and 95-98% when gaming: HI! Below is a link to my pc build and specs, I have also attached a screenshot from the resource monitor: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/D29NnQI have enabled XMP and am not using a fresh copy of windows as it booted to an old SSD I had installed. Not adept in bios settings or...
  8. 100 percent memory use when its using only 3gb of 16gb of ram

100 percent memory use when its using only 3gb of 16gb of ram: I have started experiencing low frame rates after installing my new aio. My cpu and gpu will be low usage but my ram will be at 99 or 100 percent and in task manager it only shows it using 3gb of the 16gb installed in my pc. I have a B450 AORUS ELITE rev. 1.x motherboard and...
  9. In games 3gb ram is 50% memory. But i have 16gb in my laptop???

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    In games 3gb ram is 50% memory. But i have 16gb in my laptop???: Hey everyone. I've decided to make a thread because since a few weeks I have noticed that I crash in games or when I stream It crashes even more often. I have used my laptop for 2.5 years without an issue unyil i decided to upgrade from a 250gb samsung ssd to a 1TB one, also...
  10. RAM at 50%-60% of 16gb when idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM at 50%-60% of 16gb when idle: It has been like this for a week. I ran a malwarebytes scan it showed no threats ram from task manager: https://imgur.com/a/g3C43dI submitted by /u/DarthTurska [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1n2va/ram_at_5060_of_16gb_when_idle/