Windows 10: In msconfig settings I Changed my processor cores from 4 to 1 and restarted computer. Can’t...

Discus and support In msconfig settings I Changed my processor cores from 4 to 1 and restarted computer. Can’t... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Thepkayexpress [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Thepkayexpress, Mar 10, 2020.

1. In msconfig settings I Changed my processor cores from 4 to 1 and restarted computer. Can’t...

/u/Thepkayexpress, Mar 10, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

Is it safe to change CPU core setting in msconfig on HP laptop?

Not sure what you want to change but, you shouldn't have to change anything in msconfig;
    if you set 'High Performance' power plan, no cores will be 'Parked', other plans will intermittently park cores limiting performance.

Balanced Power Plan:

In msconfig settings I Changed my processor cores from 4 to 1 and restarted computer. Can’t... [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Is it safe to change CPU core setting in msconfig on HP laptop?

Do not fiddle with 'Number of Cores' in msconfig, Windows knows which cores to engage in which order at boot time!

Set your power plan to 'High Performance', right click on the CPU graph and choose "Change graph to ► Logical processors" then all cores will be utilized 100% during use.
    Never mind boot time.

In msconfig settings I Changed my processor cores from 4 to 1 and restarted computer. Can’t... [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 10, 2020
  4. jpeni Win User

In msconfig settings I Changed my processor cores from 4 to 1 and restarted computer. Can’t...

ONLY showing using 1 core out of 4 core processor

I have a quad-core CPU with Windows 10 that only displayed 2 cores and 4 processors with Task Manager.
    This remained the same no matter how many processors I entered in the BOOT Advanced Options of MSConfig.

I did some research on the internet about showing less cores than your CPU actually contains and discovered ParkControl.

I fixed the problem by installed ParkControl. ParkControl allows you to configure how many CPU cores are actually put in the parking mode by Windows. Now Task Manager displays 4 cores and 8 processors with MSConfig BOOT Advanced Options "number of processors" turned OFF.

ParkControl Free Tweak CPU Core Parking and Frequency Scaling in Real-Time

jpeni, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

In msconfig settings I Changed my processor cores from 4 to 1 and restarted computer. Can’t...

1. In msconfig settings I Changed my processor cores from 4 to 1 and restarted computer. Can’t... - Similar Threads - msconfig settings Changed

2. Msconfig processors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Msconfig processors: Can i lower the amount of processors to reduce heat? I have 12. Can I use 8 or maybe 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msconfig-processors/eaa6873b-39c8-4166-8504-4cb19ed9f8e5
  3. Msconfig processors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Msconfig processors: Can i lower the amount of processors to reduce heat? I have 12. Can I use 8 or maybe 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msconfig-processors/eaa6873b-39c8-4166-8504-4cb19ed9f8e5
  4. Task manager and MSconfig show 1 core

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task manager and MSconfig show 1 core: I have I7 8700 and it's showing 1 core to task manager and msconfig but in device manager its normal.any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-and-msconfig-show-1-core/a9d63877-7e79-472c-b530-1b733ae90f15
  5. My Processor is 4 Cores but I can't use 4 Cores, I am only able to use 1 Core

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Processor is 4 Cores but I can't use 4 Cores, I am only able to use 1 Core: Here you can see in the task manager, it shows cores: 1, but in device manager there are 4 cores. I went to System Configuration and turned on all 4 cores and played Minecraft smoothly, but recently Minecraft started lagging. So I went to the task manager and saw this and...
  6. Is It Okay To Enable All 4 Core In msconfig setting CPU Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is It Okay To Enable All 4 Core In msconfig setting CPU Issue: Hi Guys I Enable All 4 Core In My Laptop Because They Say It Is Good For Gaming Does It Slow Down My Laptop Or Is It Better I Feel Like It Slow Down My Laptop I Don't Know? IntelR CoreTM i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz 8.00 GB Windows 10 Pro Version - 20H2 Please...
  7. My computer is only using 1 core, cpu comes with 4.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer is only using 1 core, cpu comes with 4.: I am using the hp elitebook with the intel 8265u processor. The one I have comes with 16gb of ram and 4 cores, but when I’m in task manager, it says I am only using one. I have tried going into msconfig, but when I try to change the boot option, it only shows one core. How...
  8. I reacently changed my msconfig settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    I reacently changed my msconfig settings: So i just change my maximum boot memory to around 200 mb and now my pc crashes when i try to boot. So i made it into automatic repair and i am wondering what to do from there to reset my msconfig settings. Please help, i dont want to have to reset my pc....
  9. ONLY showing using 1 core out of 4 core processor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ONLY showing using 1 core out of 4 core processor: I don't know a lot about computer hardware or software problems. I run a Dell Inspiron 20 All In One PC. Model 3045. It is a 4 core computer. In the bios and Device Mgr. only shows operating on one core. There is only one item entry. AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon TM) HD...
  10. Is it safe to change CPU core setting in msconfig on HP laptop?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it safe to change CPU core setting in msconfig on HP laptop?: I have the HP beats special edition laptop. Processor model is: AMD A10-7300 APU with Radeon R6 Graphics 1.9 GHz, 4 MB cache. Is this processor safe to change this setting on? 64824

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 4 core cpu only showing 2 cores in system config