Windows 10: In my google account's security checkup> recent security events one changed password event...

Discus and support In my google account's security checkup> recent security events one changed password event... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I changed my google account password a couple of times on my desktop today (firefox browser), but when I view my google account, in its security... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by its Benoy here, Sep 22, 2018.

1. In my google account's security checkup> recent security events one changed password event...

I changed my google account password a couple of times on my desktop today (firefox browser), but when I view my google account, in its security checkup> recent security events one changed password event is extra. I changed password once and after hours only I changed once again. But on recent security events, minutes after changing password the first time, one more changed password is seen which I did not do. Totally, in recent security events, there are 11 changed password events out of which 10 I remember doing.. 1 is extra! I write down each time I change password on a book of mine, & I've written only 10, so 1 password change I did not make for sure! What could be the issue here? how can there be a change password event which I did not do? Also I've enabled two step verification and when I tried to change password, and the webpage to enter code was shown but there was an incoming call on my phone and the phone was ringing.. so did not receive the text message with the code.. i opted to resend code and i received it. But later after I completed changing the password, verification codes messages started coming to my phone. they were all same codes.. they could be that previous one that failed to send at first right? and not someone trying to change password of my account from elsewhere right?

Also before changing google password, I was going through "My Activity" of my google account and when I clicked on an item from 10 days ago, a popup came in the middle suddenly saying; "500. That's an error.Try again in a few minutes." Its nothing related to the password issue right?

:)

its Benoy here, Sep 22, 2018
  2. AsRock Win User

[FAKE] CD PROJEKT RED Forums Important security update

Just got this email from them and it's kinda late i think.

Dear Forum Users,

Recently it has come to our attention that an obsolete cdprojektred.com forum database was accessed by an unauthorized party sometime in March 2016.

At the time of the event, the database was not in active use, as almost a year earlier forum members had been asked to create secure GOG.com accounts for login purposes. These accounts are additionally protected by two-step authentication. The forum engine has also been upgraded since then to the newest and most secure version, fixing the vulnerability that allowed said access.

It is our understanding that the obsolete forum database contained usernames, email addresses and passwords that were hashed and “salted.” Salting is a common practice that involves adding random characters to the password when hashing to increase security. It is this, a “salted hash” of a password, that was stored in the database and that was accessed. Your passwords were not stored in plain text, hence they were not directly accessible by anyone.

Since you did not connect your account with the GOG.com-powered login system, your account was not migrated to the new forum and no action is required on your end. However, if you used your old forum password for any other services, it is still advisable to change it. We also suggest you never use the same password across multiple services.

From the time of the event, we’ve conducted additional external security tests, and we will double our efforts to ensure such situations don’t occur in the future.

We would like to deeply apologize to everyone affected.

CD PROJEKT RED Forum Staff

AsRock, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Vayra86 Win User
    Gmail "Critical security alert" message, hacking attempt blocked (long post)

This is not true, it depends how and when you used 2FA. I never get security tokens from Google, I just get an email notification asking if it was me with a button to click, and only if the IP / device used is not in the registered devices list on the account.

That said, if you get these kinds of messages, it means someone knows your password and you need to change that on ALL accounts you have, not just Google.

Vayra86, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Techie_DD Win User

In my google account's security checkup> recent security events one changed password event...

Windows 10 workstation Security log filling with Event ID 4703

My Windows 10 workstation's Security Event Log is filled with informational Event ID 4703 (like 20/second).

It's an Audit Success on Authorization Policy Change category.

Pretty much all are about the javaw.exe process & SeSecurityPrivilege. But also a few of them list svchost.exe as the process & a whole list of privileges.

I can't find anything on the Net about event 4703.

Sometimes it lists the privilege as Disabled (as below), and some are Enabled. Back & forth, multiple events per second.

Does anyone have any idea what/why this is, or anyone else experiencing it?

Here are the details of the event (edited for privacy)...

Task Category: Authorization Policy Change

Level: Information

Keywords: Audit Success

User: N/A

Computer: xxxxx.yyyy.com

Description:

A user right was adjusted.

Subject:

Security ID: SYSTEM

Account Name: XXXXXX

Account Domain: YYYYYYYY

Logon ID: 0x3E7

Target Account:

Security ID: SYSTEM

Account Name: XXXXXXX

Account Domain: YYYYYYYYY

Logon ID: 0x3E7

Process Information:

Process ID: 0xb24

Process Name: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ContegoSPOP\jre1.7.0_65\bin\javaw.exe

Enabled Privileges:

-

Disabled Privileges:

SeSecurityPrivilege

Techie_DD, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

In my google account's security checkup> recent security events one changed password event...

1. In my google account's security checkup> recent security events one changed password event... - Similar Threads - google account's security

2. TimeStamp In Security Events

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TimeStamp In Security Events: I came across a weird issue of timestamp in security events.When I am fetching the logs to SIEM system via RPC, the raw event that I see has a field called TimeCreated. The value of this fields looks like epoch time however, when I am converting the timestamp, it doesn't...
  3. TimeStamp In Security Events

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TimeStamp In Security Events: I came across a weird issue of timestamp in security events.When I am fetching the logs to SIEM system via RPC, the raw event that I see has a field called TimeCreated. The value of this fields looks like epoch time however, when I am converting the timestamp, it doesn't...
  4. Intermittent stutter + Security event

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent stutter + Security event: Hello!I need some help with an issue I have on my Windows 11 pc.Sometimes, maybe once to thrice a day, my pc will do this thing where I hear the device plug-in sound, the pc starts to hang for a second, recover, play the plug-in sound and hang for another second before...
  5. Intermittent stutter + Security event

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent stutter + Security event: Hello!I need some help with an issue I have on my Windows 11 pc.Sometimes, maybe once to thrice a day, my pc will do this thing where I hear the device plug-in sound, the pc starts to hang for a second, recover, play the plug-in sound and hang for another second before...
  6. WinRM Security - Event Logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinRM Security - Event Logs: Hi, could someone please take a look at the logs attached and tell me if it's possible to tell by the logs if anyone might have used WinRM on my machine to gain unauthorized access? I use Windows 11 and I never set up WinRM to begin with. Thank you so much in advance....
  7. Event 8233, Security-SPP

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Event 8233, Security-SPP: Hello I'm running Windows 10 Pro X64 2004 Build 19041.508 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 In my settings, update & security, activtion tab it shows "windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account." Why does the event log keep...
  8. Security events manager is showing tons of Logon events.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Security events manager is showing tons of Logon events.: Hi there sry for my English, will try my best. First of all, I need to say I am on a new fresh install. I reinstalled from a bootable USB disk, made from a safe ISO file. I'm running w10 professional on a laptop. It is from ASUS, and I really think that there is something...
  9. New Password Checkup built-in password manager for Google Account

in Windows 10 News
    New Password Checkup built-in password manager for Google Account: We’ve all been there. Compromising security for convenience, we put our personal information at risk with poor password habits. One in four Americans use common passwords—like Abc123, Password1111, and L: [email protected] Sixty-six percent of Americans admit to using the...
  10. Security Event Log flooded with 4656 Events

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Event Log flooded with 4656 Events: We are having issues with our Security event log within Event Viewer. It is my understanding when you perform Object Access auditing and enable it within Group Policy, you still need to enable auditing on the Objects (to be audited) themselves. We just enabled Object Access...