Windows 10: In my laptop, I can't audio format which is greyed out.

Discus and support In my laptop, I can't audio format which is greyed out. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can't change sound frequency in my laptop. It only shows only 16 bit, 48000Hz DVD Quality. On other option available it used to has.I have tried ways... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dan Oal, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Dan Oal Win User

In my laptop, I can't audio format which is greyed out.

I can't change sound frequency in my laptop. It only shows only 16 bit, 48000Hz DVD Quality. On other option available it used to has.I have tried ways such as installing and updating drivers. It's Acer.Can anyone suggest me how to solve?Thank you.

:)

Dan Oal, Mar 19, 2023
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Mar 19, 2023
  4. In my laptop, I can't audio format which is greyed out.

No Sound/Audio in Dell Laptop

Hello Guys,

I have a relatively new laptop (7 months old) I did a windows update today and after that laptop audio says no audio hardware found. There is X symbol on audio in notification tray. I did the usual uninstall reinstall etc no use. I go to device manager and I don't see the sound tab to expand. Under system devices, there is a error for Intel Audio system Bus. when I right click sound and click playback, I don't see any devices listed either.

What would be my next troubleshooting step, please help

Thanks

lCHECKMATEI, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

In my laptop, I can't audio format which is greyed out.

1. In my laptop, I can't audio format which is greyed out. - Similar Threads - laptop can't audio

2. In my laptop, I can't change audio format.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In my laptop, I can't change audio format.: I can't change sound frequency in my laptop. It only shows only 16 bit, 48000Hz DVD Quality. No other options available it used to has.I have tried ways such as installing and updating drivers. It's Acer.Can anyone suggest me how to solve?Thank you....
  3. In my laptop, I can't change audio format.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In my laptop, I can't change audio format.: I can't change sound frequency in my laptop. It only shows only 16 bit, 48000Hz DVD Quality. No other options available it used to has.I have tried ways such as installing and updating drivers. It's Acer.Can anyone suggest me how to solve?Thank you....
  4. In my laptop, I can't audio format which is greyed out.

In my laptop, I can't audio format which is greyed out.: I can't change sound frequency in my laptop. It only shows only 16 bit, 48000Hz DVD Quality. On other option available it used to has.I have tried ways such as installing and updating drivers. It's Acer.Can anyone suggest me how to solve?Thank you....
  5. USB greyed out after format interrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB greyed out after format interrupted: Hi,I was formatting quick format not selected a USB drive and it got accidentally disconnected from the machine. Now the USB is greyed out in My PC and the PC doesn't seem to recognise it all. So far I have to no avail tried to:1 - Uninstall USB Mass Storage Device in Device...
  6. USB greyed out after format interrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB greyed out after format interrupted: Hi,I was formatting quick format not selected a USB drive and it got accidentally disconnected from the machine. Now the USB is greyed out in My PC and the PC doesn't seem to recognise it all. So far I have to no avail tried to:1 - Uninstall USB Mass Storage Device in Device...
  7. USB greyed out after format interrupted

8. default format greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    default format greyed out: hello i have windows 11 home, so i can't change default format setting in control paneli can't change the default format because its grayed out. any solution for this?...
  9. default format greyed out

default format greyed out: hello i have windows 11 home, so i can't change default format setting in control paneli can't change the default format because its grayed out. any solution for this?...
  10. Headphones Advanced Format Settings Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones Advanced Format Settings Greyed Out: So I've been trying to turn up the sound quality on my headphones just to see what it's like. What I do is go to the sound control panel and open the properties for my headphones, then I navigate to the "Advanced" tab to change the default format, but once I get there the...