Windows 10: In my laptop, I can't change audio format.

Discus and support In my laptop, I can't change audio format. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can't change sound frequency in my laptop. It only shows only 16 bit, 48000Hz DVD Quality. No other options available it used to has.I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dan Oal, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Dan Oal Win User

In my laptop, I can't change audio format.

I can't change sound frequency in my laptop. It only shows only 16 bit, 48000Hz DVD Quality. No other options available it used to has.I have tried ways such as installing and updating drivers. It's Acer.Can anyone suggest me how to solve?Thank you.

:)

Dan Oal, Mar 19, 2023
  2. John Sarc Win User

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 19, 2023
  4. In my laptop, I can't change audio format.

i cannot change the audio format

I have a bluetooth headset and have paired it with my hp laptop. I realized that the quality of audio have substantially come down. On checking i found that the audio format is kept at the lower format of 16 bit(CD Quality). When I paired it the first
    time it was at 8 bit, then I switched off the Telephony feature. This allowed the device change the audio format to 16 bit(CD Quality) automatically. Now I cannot change the audio format above that giving me a very bad audio quality. But when I connect my
    headset with through the headphone jack I face no issues.

AbhijithPillai, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

In my laptop, I can't change audio format.

1. In my laptop, I can't change audio format. - Similar Threads - laptop can't change

2. In my laptop, I can't change audio format.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In my laptop, I can't change audio format.: I can't change sound frequency in my laptop. It only shows only 16 bit, 48000Hz DVD Quality. No other options available it used to has.I have tried ways such as installing and updating drivers. It's Acer.Can anyone suggest me how to solve?Thank you....
  3. In my laptop, I can't audio format which is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In my laptop, I can't audio format which is greyed out.: I can't change sound frequency in my laptop. It only shows only 16 bit, 48000Hz DVD Quality. On other option available it used to has.I have tried ways such as installing and updating drivers. It's Acer.Can anyone suggest me how to solve?Thank you....
  4. In my laptop, I can't audio format which is greyed out.

In my laptop, I can't audio format which is greyed out.: I can't change sound frequency in my laptop. It only shows only 16 bit, 48000Hz DVD Quality. On other option available it used to has.I have tried ways such as installing and updating drivers. It's Acer.Can anyone suggest me how to solve?Thank you....
  5. Can't change audio device on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change audio device on laptop: I've been having an audio issue with my laptop. So I turned on my Oculus Quest 2 after a while, got off, and a couple hours later, got on my laptop. Suddenly, I can't hear anything through my headphones, so I checked the volume settings and found out that the audio was...
  6. Can't change audio device on laptop

Can't change audio device on laptop: I've been having an audio issue with my laptop. So I turned on my Oculus Quest 2 after a while, got off, and a couple hours later, got on my laptop. Suddenly, I can't hear anything through my headphones, so I checked the volume settings and found out that the audio was...
  7. Can't change audio device on laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Change Default Audio Format

Change Default Audio Format: I currently have a Denon AVR paired up with Windows. Due to the AVR's surround sound upmixing, I need to change the windows "speaker setup" to stereo if I want upmixing on stereo content and 5.1 when in games with surround sound. Every time I switch from stereo to 5.1 and...
  9. Can't change Audio Default Format(Quality)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change Audio Default Format(Quality): [ATTACH] Hey guys, I have no option to change my audio quality for windows; as you can see in the image, the box is greyed out. What can I do to change this?...
  10. i cannot change the audio format

i cannot change the audio format: I have a bluetooth headset and have paired it with my hp laptop. I realized that the quality of audio have substantially come down. On checking i found that the audio format is kept at the lower format of 16 bit(CD Quality). When I paired it the first time it was at 8 bit,...