Windows 10: In my setting for 10 Pro I do not see a way to turn off wifi.

Discus and support In my setting for 10 Pro I do not see a way to turn off wifi. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I do not see a way in settings to turn wifi off.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PatrickCook343, Feb 15, 2020.

1. In my setting for 10 Pro I do not see a way to turn off wifi.

I do not see a way in settings to turn wifi off.

:)

PatrickCook343, Feb 15, 2020
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Can't turn on wifi in windows 10 wifi settings

Hi Phil,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with turning on Wi-Fi.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect Wi-Fi settings.

2. Wi-Fi adapter is not working properly.

3. Corrupt or outdated Wireless network driver.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article which will help to fix common issue with Wi-Fi in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-why-cant-i-get-connected

Note: Try the steps which you have not tried before.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article to check if WIFI adapter is working fine or not. Check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/fix-network-adapter-problems#1TC=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 15, 2020
  4. In my setting for 10 Pro I do not see a way to turn off wifi.

How to set up Wifi? HTC S720

Yes, HTC S620 or HTC Excalibur has wifi built-in. To set up wifi, follow these steps:

• turn the wifi radio on by going to settings>command manager>wifi
    • it should automatically give you the list of available wifi hotspots
    • If the network is protected by key, it will ask you you to enter the key

TarandeepKaur, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

In my setting for 10 Pro I do not see a way to turn off wifi.

1. In my setting for 10 Pro I do not see a way to turn off wifi. - Similar Threads - setting Pro turn

2. Wifi turns on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi turns on and off: I am doing a project. My wifi keeps on turning on and Off. Sometimes it turns on but then I cannot search. Why is this so weird? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-turns-on-and-off/d9cc77ce-0efb-42a1-a405-c4fc894d97fe
  3. Wifi turns on and off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi turns on and off: I am doing a project. My wifi keeps on turning on and Off. Sometimes it turns on but then I cannot search. Why is this so weird? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-turns-on-and-off/d9cc77ce-0efb-42a1-a405-c4fc894d97fe
  4. Wifi turning off and on

Wifi turning off and on: Hi. I tend to have a problem with my lenovo thinkbook, and this never happened since some update like a few weeks ago. So sometimes my wi-fi just shuts itself off for a few seconds and then it turns on again. It is very annoying and I don't know that to do. I tried...
  5. Is there a way to turn this off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to turn this off: [ATTACH] This is in the setting and it's kinda annoying because I never use this stuff beside Windows Update and I also use Edge but that Web browsing thing and Reward keeps appearing. Is there a way to turn it off?...
  6. If I Have WIFI Set on Manual, and Never Turn on WIFI, How Do Updates Force Their Way Onto...

If I Have WIFI Set on Manual, and Never Turn on WIFI, How Do Updates Force Their Way Onto...: Dear God, I can't get near this super-costly system because I'm so darn scared of Windows 10. My unit is extremely attractive, but it's sitting on a shelf because of Windows 10' warning that it will consider my laptop "mi casa, su casa." So I turned off WIFI two months ago...
  7. I do not see Wifi and Mobile hotspot on my internet settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    I do not see Wifi and Mobile hotspot on my internet settings: Hi Team, Kindly need you help. My Internet settings does not have mobile hot spot and WiFi. What do I do?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-see-wifi-and-mobile-hotspot-on-my/087c29b3-a662-4713-99aa-7ae36e7bdad6
  8. Is there a way to schedule the wifi to turn on and off at a certain time?

Is there a way to schedule the wifi to turn on and off at a certain time?: I have a 25 gig internet plan with unmetered data between 3am and 6am. I know you can tell windows to turn the wifi on after 1 hour, 4 hours and 1 day of turning it off. But I am wondering if there is any way I can keep my wifi off and have windows turn it on at 315am and...
  9. Wifi turned off

Wifi turned off: <p>Hi there.</p><p>I am using a Dell Latitude E5540 and updated my Windows to ''Windows 10, version 1803."</p><p></p><p>Now my wifi keeps turning off every time I restart my computer. I try to turn it on manually, but it doesn't work.&nbsp;</p><p></p><p>Also, my Airplane mode...
  10. Turning wifi off at set times?

Turning wifi off at set times?: Is it possible to set an on/off time for a routers wifi at set times even when the PC is off? Id like to be able to turn the wifi off over night without physically turning it off via the router itself or through the browser. My router allows me to set a time but it doesnt...