Windows 10: In my Widows 10 OS is a module "Memory Compression" with a username of 'NT...

Discus and support In my Widows 10 OS is a module "Memory Compression" with a username of 'NT... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am using a process monitor routinely, as I am tryng to find out why the OS is so sluggish. It has 'MEMORY COMPRESSION' which chews lots of kernel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DennisRegan2, Apr 27, 2020.

1. In my Widows 10 OS is a module "Memory Compression" with a username of 'NT...

I am using a process monitor routinely, as I am tryng to find out why the OS is so sluggish. It has 'MEMORY COMPRESSION' which chews lots of kernel time and clock cycles, but seems to have no parent or do anything. Likewise, the OS will accrue a number of processes and not terminate them when the foreground tasks are terminated.

Do you have any idea what is going on. I am investigating avenues - any insights would be appreciated.

:)

DennisRegan2, Apr 27, 2020

2. System and compressed memory, messing up everything help please In my Widows 10 OS is a module "Memory Compression" with a username of 'NT... :(

I've tried all the suggestions listed, but the usage is still high. system
    and compressed memory

simontezzo, Apr 27, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Problem with compressed memory process

Hi, it's problem with various possible causes. System and compressed memory was introduced in Win 10 to optimise memory use, but can cause problems for some. Here's a collection of issues and maybe solutions. A common one is one experienced with Chrome.

Feel free to search the forum for "system and compressed memory" using the search box above.. you will find a number of threads. Here are some I've collected (unfortunately the para numbers as per my document aren't reproduced properly here)

About system and memory compression
    Windows 10 Memory Compression - Windows 10 Forums

1. Memory leak- driver

Post 18:
    System running super slow with Windows 10

Unresolved- presumed driver
    System and Compressed Memory - Windows 10 Forums

1. MS update KB3124262
    This is the update that is causing my system memory to go higher. Sometimes over 300mb to 500mb
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124262)
    consuming 1-3GB of RAM - Windows 10 Forums
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...23a?auth=1This

1. Acessing Facebook in browser
    High CPU usage - System and Compressed Memory

1. Turnoff "show me tips about Windows."
    System and compressed memory slowing down disk operation

100% disk + System and compressed memory

1. Solved- driver latency
    Is this normal? System and compressed memory process ALWAYS at 20% cpu

1. Solved - Adblock.

Windows 10 HIGH CPU Usage

1. Unresolved - tried setting pagefile size manually.

HELP - System and compressed memory constantly at 35% CPU

8. Solution/fix - Chrome and facebook

High CPU usage - System and Compressed Memory

Video card < 1Gb with Chrome- Chrome uses VRAM

dalchina, Apr 27, 2020
  4. In my Widows 10 OS is a module "Memory Compression" with a username of 'NT...

System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

In my Widows 10 OS is a module "Memory Compression" with a username of 'NT...

1. In my Widows 10 OS is a module "Memory Compression" with a username of 'NT... - Similar Threads - Widows module Memory

2. memory compression

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    memory compression: memory compression1memory compression2 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E8%83%BD%E5%90%A6%E4%BB%8B%E7%BB%8D%E4%B8%80/00b611dd-4262-41f5-b82e-1daaf905ddbc
  3. memory compression

in Windows 10 Gaming
    memory compression: memory compression1memory compression2 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E8%83%BD%E5%90%A6%E4%BB%8B%E7%BB%8D%E4%B8%80/00b611dd-4262-41f5-b82e-1daaf905ddbc
  4. memory compression

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Compression of OS experiment

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Compression of OS experiment: aspire one d150-1165 Intel Atom N270 / 1.6 Ghz / 533 MHz Mobile Intel 945GSE Express 2 gig ram / 200-pin DDR2 SDRAM Intel GMA 950 graphics bios Acer v1.05 2/20/2009 wdc wd1200bevs-22ust0 120 gig HDD took 5 hours 4 minutes to compress the drive ratio 1:6 using the command line...
  6. Compress OS

Compress OS: Im cleaning my computer, and theres an option in windows own disk cleanup utility to compress the OS drive which will save me about 8 gb on my ssd. But it keeps saying that regardless of how many times i run it. Any way to fix it? 128099
  7. OS Drive Compression

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OS Drive Compression: Greetings, everyone. I am using an Aspire ES1-132, with a storage of 28.0 Gigabytes, and I am running short on storage space, and I could not relieve space from the laptop. I was told that I could compress my OS drive. I need to know if compressing my OS drive is a good...
  8. System and compressed memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System and compressed memory: System and compressed memory is not showing in task manager, is it because I have enough RAM? Thanks. 62163
  9. System and Compressed Memory

System and Compressed Memory: Is there any way to stop the "system and compressed memory" from happening? I am so annoyed by it's constant 90% Memory usage! I used to have only 8 GB of RAM and it would use 7GB out of the whole 8GB. I recently upgraded to 16GB and everything was fine. System and Compressed...
  10. Windows 10 Memory Compression

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Memory Compression: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] With the announcement of the Memory compression feature, we have received a lot of queries from the insiders asking for more information. This post tries to go in-depth into the inner working of the Memory Manager and the...