Windows 10: In Office and in a Browser, the computer is very slow and keeps showing "Not Responding"

Discus and support In Office and in a Browser, the computer is very slow and keeps showing "Not Responding" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In Office and in a Browser, the computer is very slow and keeps showing "Not Responding"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HARRYLADENHEIM, Jan 29, 2019.

1. In Office and in a Browser, the computer is very slow and keeps showing "Not Responding"

In Office and in a Browser, the computer is very slow and keeps showing "Not Responding"

:)

HARRYLADENHEIM, Jan 29, 2019
  2. sassy.gal Win User

Not responding

My Laptop keeps constantly freezing, slow and showing not responding. Any suggestions? An easy solution would be great.

sassy.gal, Jan 29, 2019
  3. I keep getting a not responding error message

Hi Bobbie,

Thank you for posting your response.

We apologize for the delay and the inconvenience caused.

When you face the "Not Responding" error in File Explorer, it might mean that you computer is slow to process the information. At times the above error can also occur when you are running multiple programs in your computer which might cause the processor
    to run little slow.

To rectify the above, I suggest that you Run maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

Also as for the issue with your word programs not responding, I suggest that you try using Microsoft Office Word program and check if the same issue arises when that program is running.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 29, 2019
  4. In Office and in a Browser, the computer is very slow and keeps showing "Not Responding"

Cortana is slow to respond.

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and it is running Windows 10. My problem is that when I first turn my computer on and ask Cortana a question it is slow to respond. It isn't slow after my computer has been running for a while. Any suggestions?

DamonBurnham, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

In Office and in a Browser, the computer is very slow and keeps showing "Not Responding"

1. In Office and in a Browser, the computer is very slow and keeps showing "Not Responding" - Similar Threads - Office Browser computer

2. file explorer very slow / not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer very slow / not responding: file explorer very slow / not responding. takes for ever to come respond.done the clear cache,sfc check and options setingsno change.only started after the latest update....
  3. file explorer very slow / not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer very slow / not responding: file explorer very slow / not responding. takes for ever to come respond.done the clear cache,sfc check and options setingsno change.only started after the latest update....
  4. My browsers have been very slow and take forever to load and and respond

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My browsers have been very slow and take forever to load and and respond: I have a Lenovo V15 i3 11th Gen laptop purchased not even six months ago and I am already facing a problem. All my browsers Edge, Chrome, Opera and Firefox have been so laggy and slow. When I open a new tab it takes two whole minutes to load. Audio doesn't sync with video,...
  5. My browsers have been very slow and take forever to load and and respond

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My browsers have been very slow and take forever to load and and respond: I have a Lenovo V15 i3 11th Gen laptop purchased not even six months ago and I am already facing a problem. All my browsers Edge, Chrome, Opera and Firefox have been so laggy and slow. When I open a new tab it takes two whole minutes to load. Audio doesn't sync with video,...
  6. My browsers have been very slow and take forever to load and and respond

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. All Browsers very slow

in Browsers and Email
    All Browsers very slow: Hi I use Firefox as my default browser & recently noticed it'd become extremely slow - it opens up but then takes a minute or two before it's usable (on the tab the little dot goes back & forth). I initially thought it was a Firefox problem so I disabled all addons but the...
  8. All Browsers very slow

in Windows 10 Support
    All Browsers very slow: Hi I use Firefox as my default browser & recently noticed it'd become extremely slow - it opens up but then takes a minute or two before it's usable (on the tab the little dot goes back & forth). I initially thought it was a Firefox problem so I disabled all addons but the...
  9. Very very slow computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very very slow computer: My laptop Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series became very very slow in running all applications etc since last 2 weeks. It started after installing few window updates. How to get out of it. Please help....
  10. Very slow browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Very slow browsers: I have a problem with slow browsers, all of them, this is the scenario I will enter a search in Google and the initial search will come up fairly quickly but if I want to then choose one of the results from my search I get the eternal blue circle going round top left of...