Windows 10: In Office, when spellchecking, how to ignore all languages that are not in the proofing...

Discus and support In Office, when spellchecking, how to ignore all languages that are not in the proofing... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically I want Word, PowerPoint and Excel to ignore all languages that are not (installed) in the proofing list (in options), when I perform a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jealous-Candle, Feb 20, 2021.

1. In Office, when spellchecking, how to ignore all languages that are not in the proofing...

Basically I want Word, PowerPoint and Excel to ignore all languages that are not (installed) in the proofing list (in options), when I perform a spellcheck, otherwise it checks every word in the different languages, naturally, even if they're spelled correctly. I have two proofing languages installed.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Jealous-Candle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jealous-Candle, Feb 20, 2021

2. [SOLVED] Default proofing language setting isn't working in Office 365 (US installed, German Proofing)

Hi Chrisvan,

Thank you for reporting this concern to us.

We got your concern about your Office 365, where the default proofing language that you set up in your Windows and Office apps isn’t working in any of your Office applications. This issue depends on how the language is set up in the Office program.
    Let us work together on having this addressed as soon as possible.

Could you please verify if the steps provided in this article are
    the ones that you used in configuring the default proofing language to German?

Aside from installing the US version of Windows and Office 365, where you also be able to install the language pack for the German language that you are trying to use as a default for proofing? If so and it still does not work, we advise reinstalling
    the language pack for the said language on your computer. The language where you can download it can be found in this article.

Once you have downloaded it, you may use the first article above on how properly change the language for proofing in the Office application. Then, check if you will be able to use the German language as proofing in your Office application. Following
    these steps is proven to resolve the issue.

Please do update us with the results so we can assist you further with this issue. We’ll be looking forward to your next revert.

Genevieve Cri, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Proofing of a new language

Hi ClothingChip950,

Got it, thanks. Now, in the Mail app, just ignore the language drop-down & close your Mail app.

Go to Start > Settings > Time & Language > Language > under Preferred languages, select the English language > click on its' up arrow button to make sure it's at the top of the lists. Then open your Mail app, create a new message & your language proofing should
    no default to English.

If you encounter errors, kindly send me the screenshot of the error for further checking.

I hope this helps. Let me know how you go. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Paul A.

Independent Advisor

Paul Abayon, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Ramzi M Win User

In Office, when spellchecking, how to ignore all languages that are not in the proofing...

OneNote Windows 10 Can't set proofing language to UK English

Hi Jamie,

Right-click the underlined word and, from the proofing options, choose a suggested word, add your word to the dictionary, or ignore the error.

If you prefer to hide spelling errors as you work, choose Settings > Options > Proofing and change the toggle to hide the spelling errors.

If you create notes that contain text in different languages, it's now possible to check the spelling in each of the languages. Right-click the selected text, and choose Set Language to specify the language to use when you check spelling on your selected text.

Ramzi M, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

In Office, when spellchecking, how to ignore all languages that are not in the proofing...

1. In Office, when spellchecking, how to ignore all languages that are not in the proofing... - Similar Threads - Office spellchecking ignore

2. How to delete a language and disable proof checking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete a language and disable proof checking: When I installed US keyboard QWERTY, the keyboard Afrikaans - US are also installed, but I cannot delete it, since it's only seen in the languagebar, not in the Language settings. How can I delete this language in this situation?Also, when I used Vietnamese - Telex keyboard,...
  3. How to delete a language and disable proof checking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete a language and disable proof checking: When I installed US keyboard QWERTY, the keyboard Afrikaans - US are also installed, but I cannot delete it, since it's only seen in the languagebar, not in the Language settings. How can I delete this language in this situation?Also, when I used Vietnamese - Telex keyboard,...
  4. One Note ignores proofing language and uses keyboard language instead - Get your ****...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Note ignores proofing language and uses keyboard language instead - Get your ****...: Since 2010 One Note uses the set keyboard to detect the input language. Which is dumb. I'm using a german notebook with a QWERTZ Layout. I write my documents in OneNote in English. Everytime I enter something, the language will switch to german and OneNote disregards my...
  5. One Note ignores proofing language and uses keyboard language instead - Get your ****...

One Note ignores proofing language and uses keyboard language instead - Get your ****...: Since 2010 One Note uses the set keyboard to detect the input language. Which is dumb. I'm using a german notebook with a QWERTZ Layout. I write my documents in OneNote in English. Everytime I enter something, the language will switch to german and OneNote disregards my...
  6. Change Word spellcheck in Office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Word spellcheck in Office: How can I remove the spellcheck for words like it's I write its So it doesn't always require a 'Office 2019Old spellcheck, 2003, used to remember changes in a a document, but new spellcheck doesn't, is there any way to get this back?I really miss the old Word spellcheck, from...
  7. Spellchecking wrong language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spellchecking wrong language: I'm trying to use English as the default language for Windows and get it to spellcheck both Spanish and English but even getting Spanish as my default language Windows is not spellchecking my Spanish typing...
  8. Windows Language vs Office Spellcheck

Windows Language vs Office Spellcheck: Hi there, I have a very frustrating language/spellcheck problem with Windows 10. Office 365 Outlook in this example is arbitrarily using a language I don't have installed English US to check some, but not all, spelling. Outlook is set to spell check in English New...
  9. Windows Language vs Office Spellcheck

Windows Language vs Office Spellcheck: Hi there, I have a very frustrating language/spellcheck problem with Windows 10. Office 365 Outlook in this example is arbitrarily using a language I don't have installed English US to check some, but not all, spelling. Outlook is set to spell check in English New...
  10. office spellchecker

office spellchecker: Hi the other day in my office 365 (insider last bulid) i see a rigth panel who have a list of how many errors i have in my document 100 ortographic 100 stile and grammar 100 inclusive languaje I like to see that list but i dont know how to show it. I does not have a...