Windows 10: In OneNote for Microsoft 365 how long are files retained in the recycle bin?

Discus and support In OneNote for Microsoft 365 how long are files retained in the recycle bin? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft 365 plan for my family and myself. Can you tell me how long are deleted files kept in the recycle bin? I can't seem to find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zBernie, May 13, 2020.

1. zBernie Win User

In OneNote for Microsoft 365 how long are files retained in the recycle bin?

I have a Microsoft 365 plan for my family and myself. Can you tell me how long are deleted files kept in the recycle bin? I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

Also, I deleted a test file and found that it was in my computers recycle bin, and also in the OneDrive recycle bin in the cloud. Which is a good thing!

-Thanks

:)

zBernie, May 13, 2020
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, May 13, 2020
  3. xbliss Win User
    Retain File Names no name mangling when move/ cut from Recycle Bin

Retain File Names without name mangling when Move/ Cut select Files from Recycle Bin to a selected location

Retain File Names without name mangling when Move/ Cut select Files from Recycle Bin to a selected location
    Move/ Cut select Files from Recycle Bin to a selected location retaining File Names without name mangling?
    "Windows Behavior" when cutting/ pasting or drag-dropping the files to some location/ folder, all the names are mangled.
    Names are mangled like this: $REA9O58.xxx
    The only option Recycle Bin gives is:

• Restore
      (do not wish for files to go back and mixup with other files in Original Folder) or
    • Cut
      (When pasted or Drag & Dropped to new location, the original name is mangled).

Any way around this to put select files into other location folders from Recycle Bin?

PS: OS: Win 8.1 x64

xbliss, May 13, 2020
  4. In OneNote for Microsoft 365 how long are files retained in the recycle bin?

Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, May 13, 2020
Thema:

In OneNote for Microsoft 365 how long are files retained in the recycle bin?

1. In OneNote for Microsoft 365 how long are files retained in the recycle bin? - Similar Threads - OneNote Microsoft 365

2. File location in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File location in recycle bin: I deleted a file from downloads folder and it went to recycle bin and when I searched for that file in the search bar under "This PC" it shows me the locationc/user/username/appdata/roaming/temp . Is it safe to believe that files in this location stay for 30 days before...
  3. Recycle Bin in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin in File Explorer: Hello, New issue here, Recycle Bin is sitting on the desktop's lower right corner as a shortcut icon, and that's OK, I set it so . Not OK, its also in the file explorer under each drive, please see attached screenshot. How do I remove it from the file explorer view. Answers...
  4. DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF: HOW CAN I DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE "recycle bin" ITSELF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-all-files-in-recycle-bin-or-delete-recycle/eb83336a-44d1-47be-b51a-808eb6cbfc16
  5. How to empty the recycle bin with a batch file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to empty the recycle bin with a batch file?: It has to be a cmd batch file, I can't do it with PowerShell because running scripts is disabled for whatever reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-empty-the-recycle-bin-with-a-batch-file/cf2ac2c9-5508-4f25-9e76-4d6ebfcb7c0c
  6. Registry files in Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry files in Recycle Bin: I have gone to empty the recycle bin on a PC only to find there are files from the registry in there which require admin access to delete them. Not sure how they got there, is it better to restore them rather than delete them? Windows 10 has been updated with all the latest...
  7. Deleted Recycle Bin files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Recycle Bin files: I deleted some files from the recycle bin permanently a few months ago and I now realized that I need them. I’ve downloaded a few apps to recover these files but they all retrieved random stuff that weren’t my files. What are the best free online applications that will help...
  8. USB Flash files to recycle bin ? how to

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB Flash files to recycle bin ? how to: Hi Currently when I delete a file from a USB flash drive it gets deleted but don't know where to. I would like to set USB Flash to recycle bin of deleted files if possible, can you help with a path and setting? Thanks 161288
  9. Recycle Bin/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin/File Explorer: I emptied the Recycle Bin and it worked fine. Now when I click on the icon on the Desktop I get the File Explorer screen. How do I correct that....
  10. Retain File Names no name mangling when move/ cut from Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Retain File Names no name mangling when move/ cut from Recycle Bin: Retain File Names without name mangling when Move/ Cut select Files from Recycle Bin to a selected location Retain File Names without name mangling when Move/ Cut select Files from Recycle Bin to a selected location Move/ Cut select Files from Recycle Bin to a selected...