Windows 10: In Photos App, how do I disable Collections?

Discus and support In Photos App, how do I disable Collections? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have lots of photos that I've organized in folders by subject, date, other, or combo. I prefer not to have the timeline of photos constantly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PAC_21, Jan 21, 2019.

1. PAC_21 Win User

In Photos App, how do I disable Collections?

I have lots of photos that I've organized in folders by subject, date, other, or combo. I prefer not to have the timeline of photos constantly available or constantly managed. How do I disable this process?

:)

PAC_21, Jan 21, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

How to disable/uninstall the Photo app in Windows 10?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app and check if it helps.

We cannot disable Photos app on windows 10. However, we can uninstall the app and when you require the app you can download it through Windows Store.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app.

• Type Power Shell in the Search bar,
      right-click on Windows PowerShell and click on
      Run as administrator

• Type the following commands, press Enter
      key after each command, in the given order.
    1. Get-AppxPackage

(This will view all the apps installed in your account.)

2. Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers

(This will view all Windows apps installed in the computer.)

3. Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.Photos | Remove-AppxPackage

(This will remove/uninstall the Photo app.)

• Restart the system and check.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jan 21, 2019
  3. How can I control what is in the photo collection?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with photo app on Windows 10. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open Photos app.

2. Click on Collections.

3. Then right click on the unwanted pictures in the list and click on
    Delete.

Also click on Folder option in Photo app and check the file location of the pictures.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help. ;

Nyima Yonten, Jan 21, 2019
  4. In Photos App, how do I disable Collections?

photo app - How can I do a slideshow in an album? I only see the slideshow option outside of albums.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to the slide show option in the photo app?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps for the slideshow option and check if it helps.

• Open the “Photo App”

• Go to any three options “Collection”, “Albums” and “Folders”.

• Click on any “Photo” and press the key “F5” it will launch slide show.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

In Photos App, how do I disable Collections?

1. In Photos App, how do I disable Collections? - Similar Threads - Photos App disable

2. How do you tag photos in the Collection that are missing in the People?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you tag photos in the Collection that are missing in the People?: I continuously have issues with the Collection where the tagging disappears or in the latest case one of my Grandsons is not tagged at all and there are over 500 photos of him?...
  3. How do I disable the Auto Enhance feature in the Photos app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable the Auto Enhance feature in the Photos app?: I like doing photography, and how I take photos e.g. light, color, and white balance natively in the camera is very deliberate. And once I import them onto my computer, I want to blow them up to see and compare them as they are. But, I can't do that, because the Photos app...
  4. How do i disable windows photos

How do i disable windows photos: How do i disable windows from opening when using another photo program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-windows-photos/7b5ed0cb-d14e-4c34-9808-745d5e1ec349
  5. Photos in collection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos in collection: I do not want my photos to go into the collection. I want it in my folders. This pisses me off. Correct it please, as I was fine downloading my photos into the folders just prior to downloading photos these last couple of times. How do I get them into my folder?...
  6. How do I change the date on my Microsoft Photo Collections.

How do I change the date on my Microsoft Photo Collections.: I have several Collections in my Microsoft Collections that show the year as 2027. I think this was a result of the date on my camera being wrong. My problem is how can I change the dates to reflect the correct year ?...
  7. Photo App "Collection" shows no photos in HEIC format

Photo App "Collection" shows no photos in HEIC format: Even though I can view HEIC-picture with the Windows 10 photos app and I can view next and previous HEIC-pictures, but if I click on "Collection / all pictures" in the Photo app button top left it shows no HEIC-pictures only other picture formates...
  8. how do i open a microsoft solitaire collection app

how do i open a microsoft solitaire collection app: how do i install solitaire collection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-a-microsoft-solitaire-collection-app/83990140-ec4c-4bfc-bb3f-41b42c1572e6
  9. Photos app collection empty

Photos app collection empty: This has been happening all month and can’t seem to fix it. In the photos app I usually add my folders from where my photos are stored and I would see them all. Now after adding my sources in the collection it just says “see all your memories in one place” like the folders...
  10. How do I save/restore Album or Collection settings in Photos

How do I save/restore Album or Collection settings in Photos: I am transferring from Mac to Windows simply because of hardware affordability. Mac's Photo app keeps its album info together with the actual photos, within one photo "library". I'm transferring my photos over to Windows 10's Photos app. I made specific albums and collections...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable collections photo app