Windows 10: In Photos or pictures what is an .xmp file

Discus and support In Photos or pictures what is an .xmp file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In looking at photos that I have taken and there are in the file some that say they are .xmp and do not show as a picture. What are they or how do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lacrumb, Mar 24, 2020.

1. lacrumb Win User

In Photos or pictures what is an .xmp file

In looking at photos that I have taken and there are in the file some that say they are .xmp and do not show as a picture.

What are they or how do I see them.

:)

lacrumb, Mar 24, 2020

2. Lost Picture ID + all photo files and Touchpad

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to ask if the option to keep files and settings was selected at the time of roll back to previous version.

Also, some files may be hidden. So, I suggest you to check the size of the drive where the photos were saved. If the files are hidden, suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type/ (copy & paste) the below command line.
    Attrib –h –r –s /s /d D:*.* (Replace the letter ”D” with the drive letter where the photos were saved)

Check if the photos are available.

For the ID picture on sign-in, can set it again by following the steps below:

• Go to PC Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • In the right pane, click on Browse under Add a Picture.
    • Select the desired picture and click on OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 24, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. In Photos or pictures what is an .xmp file

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

In Photos or pictures what is an .xmp file

1. In Photos or pictures what is an .xmp file - Similar Threads - Photos pictures xmp

2. XMP issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XMP issue?: My ram speed was 2133MHz and after i enabled XMP my ram speed increased to 2666MHzMy ram is G.SKILL 16gb DDR4 3600MHzso why iam not getting my full ram speed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xmp-issue/ab2eaa62-f4d0-43dd-97e7-0fb94c5a1f0c
  3. XMP issue?

in Windows 10 Customization
    XMP issue?: My ram speed was 2133MHz and after i enabled XMP my ram speed increased to 2666MHzMy ram is G.SKILL 16gb DDR4 3600MHzso why iam not getting my full ram speed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xmp-issue/ab2eaa62-f4d0-43dd-97e7-0fb94c5a1f0c
  4. XMP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XMP: Hello, since i bought my laptop, it was very slow so i had to work with this for years until i just realized that xmp is not enable which means that for my laptop instead of using 4 gb ive actually been using 2gb of ram.So i went to my BIOS and checked everywhere but i coudnt...
  5. XMP

XMP: Hello, since i bought my laptop, it was very slow so i had to work with this for years until i just realized that xmp is not enable which means that for my laptop instead of using 4 gb ive actually been using 2gb of ram.So i went to my BIOS and checked everywhere but i coudnt...
  6. XMP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Importing Photos Into Pictures File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing Photos Into Pictures File: 12/18/2020 - Did a recent Microsoft update change the way photos are grouped when downloading from my digital camera? Previously, I would download my photos, they would go into a folder showing the date taken, and I would rename the folder to show the subject matter of the...
  8. Picture images for photos in file disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture images for photos in file disappeared: After the last Windows 10 Update all my photo images disappeared from my photo files. Now there are just image codes. How do I get the photo images back for those files?...
  9. Duplicate photos in photos app and Pictures files windows 10

Duplicate photos in photos app and Pictures files windows 10: Oct 2019 An ongoing problem with windows 10 photo app and "Pictures" files: duplicate photos I have not asked for. For example, I just imported photos from my iPhone and I have SEVEN (7) copies of each photo. The duplicates are in the pictures file, and in the photos app....
  10. Picture/photos

Picture/photos: I have 40,000+ pictures on my computer. I want to give my kids their own pictures that they took and stored on my computer. With six kids, I can't go through 40,000 pictures six times. I want to go through them one time and move them into their own folders, then I want to...