Windows 10: In Place reinstall of Windows 10

Discus and support In Place reinstall of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi again, there seems to be various ways of doing a in place install of Windows 10. Could I just go into settings, update and security and Recovery ? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BRIAN LOFTHOUSE, Jun 28, 2023.

1. In Place reinstall of Windows 10

Hi again, there seems to be various ways of doing a in place install of Windows 10. Could I just go into settings, update and security and Recovery ? I want to save settings and personal files etc. I seem to think someone sent me a link about two years ago which worked fine. There doesn't seem many suggestions doing this way so unsure why. It seems a lot simpler going into settings, update/security and recovery !What's the difference?Brian Windows 10 22H2

:)

BRIAN LOFTHOUSE, Jun 28, 2023
Thema:

In Place reinstall of Windows 10

1. In Place reinstall of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Place reinstall

2. Windows 11 in place reinstall / update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 in place reinstall / update: Hi Everyone,So I was having issues with the OS after trying many different attempts to fix a failing Windows cumulative update I decided to do the in place reinstall keeping apps and data. Now, however, Windows takes forever to connect to Microsoft servers for Outlook and...
  3. Windows 11 in place reinstall / update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 in place reinstall / update: Hi Everyone,So I was having issues with the OS after trying many different attempts to fix a failing Windows cumulative update I decided to do the in place reinstall keeping apps and data. Now, however, Windows takes forever to connect to Microsoft servers for Outlook and...
  4. In Place reinstall of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Place reinstall of Windows 10: Hi again, there seems to be various ways of doing a in place install of Windows 10. Could I just go into settings, update and security and Recovery ? I want to save settings and personal files etc. I seem to think someone sent me a link about two years ago which worked fine....
  5. In Place reinstall of Windows 10

In Place reinstall of Windows 10: Hi again, there seems to be various ways of doing a in place install of Windows 10. Could I just go into settings, update and security and Recovery ? I want to save settings and personal files etc. I seem to think someone sent me a link about two years ago which worked fine....
  6. Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon, reinstall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon, reinstall...: I am trying to do an in-place update for my win 11 and I am worried that there is file corruption in my efi partition. and i dont want to lose my drivers so i have to download and install them manually.Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon,...
  7. Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon, reinstall...

Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon, reinstall...: I am trying to do an in-place update for my win 11 and I am worried that there is file corruption in my efi partition. and i dont want to lose my drivers so i have to download and install them manually.Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon,...
  8. Does doing an in-place upgrade reinstall drivers to its original state?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does doing an in-place upgrade reinstall drivers to its original state?: I've been using a 3rd party driver updater and now it's causing problems to my drivers. Unfortunately I deleted all the restore points so there's no going back . Surely I can probably reset my pc but I'll have to reinstall my apps. I also can do an in-place upgrade and keep...
  9. Does doing an in-place upgrade reinstall drivers to its original state?

Does doing an in-place upgrade reinstall drivers to its original state?: I've been using a 3rd party driver updater and now it's causing problems to my drivers. Unfortunately I deleted all the restore points so there's no going back . Surely I can probably reset my pc but I'll have to reinstall my apps. I also can do an in-place upgrade and keep...
  10. Reinstall in Place Version Downgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall in Place Version Downgrade: I just upgraded to Version 2004 about a month ago and realized that my Windows Mixed Reality headset doesn't work properly. Is it possible to do a reinstall in place with the media creation tool to go back to 1909. Or does this tool only allow for a version upgrade? I know...