Windows 10: In-place upgrade error

Discus and support In-place upgrade error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I tried a In-place upgrade by downloading the windows 10 iso, but as soon as the installation process start (after selecting keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by giodani97, Jun 30, 2021.

1. giodani97 Win User

In-place upgrade error

Hello everyone, I tried a In-place upgrade by downloading the windows 10 iso, but as soon as the installation process start (after selecting keep personal files and apps) the process fails at 0%. Using Windows 10 version 21H1 build 19043.1081. Error log attached

:)

giodani97, Jun 30, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

In-place upgrade - XP to 10 without losing the apps

Wolfgang, you need at least two steps (Vista & Seven) between XP and 10, the Eight can be bypassed:
    • XP can only be in-place upgraded to Vista, not Seven or later
    • Vista can be in-place upgraded to Seven but not Eight or later
    • Seven can be in-place upgraded to 10
    • Ergo: XP to Vista is a must, as well as Vista to Seven but then you can bypass the Eight and jump to 10

3. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Jun 30, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

In-place upgrade error

Troubleshoot Windows updates after an in place upgrade repair

Multiple troubleshooting steps had failed to fix net framework, scannow, and restorehealth problems.
    And multiple in place upgrades failed.

Modifications were made on each in place upgrade.
    The last one fixed the net framework, scannow, and restorehealth problems.

The computer is functioning normally now except for these 5 Windows updates.

Had the in place upgrade failed I was planning to custom install.
    This requires reinstallation of drivers and applications.

With the last in place working I was considering another in place upgrade repair.

What repair methods are you suggesting that were not already performed after the last in place upgrade repair?

zbook, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

In-place upgrade error

1. In-place upgrade error - Similar Threads - place upgrade error

2. Windows In-place upgrade errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows In-place upgrade errors: Hello so I wanted to do the Windows In-place upgrade by using the ISO. Everything went fine, but after about the second restart of the computer because of the update, the blue death popped up with this error: INVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP. So I had to manually shut down the...
  3. Windows In-place upgrade errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows In-place upgrade errors: Hello so I wanted to do the Windows In-place upgrade by using the ISO. Everything went fine, but after about the second restart of the computer because of the update, the blue death popped up with this error: INVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP. So I had to manually shut down the...
  4. in-place upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in-place upgrade: in-place upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-place-upgrade/ba32d89f-3c2a-40a0-bbfa-ceb62204675e
  5. Windows in-place upgrade error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows in-place upgrade error: I have a Dell Dimension XPS-8940 11th gen Intel i processor, 64 GB RAM running Win 11 Pro22H2. For a number of reasons, I need to do an in-place upgrade, but it won't run- when I mount the ISO and run setup, it tells me that the PC doesn't meet Windows 11 requirements because...
  6. Windows in-place upgrade error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows in-place upgrade error: I have a Dell Dimension XPS-8940 11th gen Intel i processor, 64 GB RAM running Win 11 Pro22H2. For a number of reasons, I need to do an in-place upgrade, but it won't run- when I mount the ISO and run setup, it tells me that the PC doesn't meet Windows 11 requirements because...
  7. In-Place Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In-Place Upgrade: Hi Paul. Understood your In-place process. But what if I have multiple accounts on my PC Admin, my kids, and my wife...etc would I lose any of those accounts if I did this procedure? Do I need to be worried about any loss of any personal data/info/files on my computer?Sam...
  8. 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 error with In Place Upgrade

0xC1900101 - 0x20017 error with In Place Upgrade: I have been trying to upgrade my Windows 1909 system to the 2004 version. However, I keep running into the 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 error. My drivers and antivirus all are up to date, I've tried installing with antivirus disabled. Still doesn't work....
  9. In-Place Upgrade Error "0xC1900101-0x20017"

In-Place Upgrade Error "0xC1900101-0x20017": When attempting to manually performing an in-place upgrade its failing with "Error = 0xC1900101-0x20017". Thank you for any help you can provide! All SetupDiag captured logs: https://we.tl/t-rvlPGz0nGm Matching Profile found: FindRollbackFailure -...
  10. Windows 10 In Place Upgrade Error

Windows 10 In Place Upgrade Error: Hi! I'm trying to do an In-Place Upgrade to my Windows 10, but there is an error that doesn't let me run the tool. Here is a screenshot: [ATTACH] How can I solve this?...