Windows 10: In Place Upgrade to Windows 11

Discus and support In Place Upgrade to Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there an in place upgrade to Windows 11 forthcoming? I'd like to see if Windows 11 would fix the bluetooth bug in Windows 10, but reallly don't want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AccessUser1, Jan 2, 2022.

1. In Place Upgrade to Windows 11

Is there an in place upgrade to Windows 11 forthcoming? I'd like to see if Windows 11 would fix the bluetooth bug in Windows 10, but reallly don't want to have to repurchase and resinstall my apps, and I especially don't want to lose my files again.

:)

AccessUser1, Jan 2, 2022
  2. zbook Win User

Troubleshoot Windows updates after an in place upgrade repair

Multiple troubleshooting steps had failed to fix net framework, scannow, and restorehealth problems.
    And multiple in place upgrades failed.

Modifications were made on each in place upgrade.
    The last one fixed the net framework, scannow, and restorehealth problems.

The computer is functioning normally now except for these 5 Windows updates.

Had the in place upgrade failed I was planning to custom install.
    This requires reinstallation of drivers and applications.

With the last in place working I was considering another in place upgrade repair.

What repair methods are you suggesting that were not already performed after the last in place upgrade repair?

zbook, Jan 2, 2022
  3. ittiandro Win User
    Windows 10 in-place upgrade keeps failing

Thanks

a few preliminary questions before implementing the above suggestions, especially the BIOS upgrade

1. BIOS UPGRADE. I read it can be very dangerous. The last thing I want is a damaged motherboard !
    Besides, I went to the MSI site looking for a Bios upgrade download. . I couldn't find any reference to upgrading the BIOS for my MS-7680 motherboard. In addition, all the BIOS upgrades listed are dated to 2002. My BIOS is dated 04/11/ 2011.
    If I understand correctly, I cannot upgrade. Their upgrade version is 10 years older than my BIOS version!
    2. Even if I were to proceed with the Bios upgrade, I read that I need a formatted external flash drive. I do have two external USB flash drives, all of which with important data I don't want to lose, unless I can save the BIOS download on a SD memory card.
    I'd like to have this clarified, especially the risks of updating the BIOS.

Thanks for your invaluable help and your patience, because all this is quite technical for me and sometimes I misunderstand and I have to ask questions.

Thanks

ittiandro, Jan 2, 2022
  4. Kari Win User

In Place Upgrade to Windows 11

In-place upgrade - XP to 10 without losing the apps

Wolfgang, you need at least two steps (Vista & Seven) between XP and 10, the Eight can be bypassed:
    • XP can only be in-place upgraded to Vista, not Seven or later
    • Vista can be in-place upgraded to Seven but not Eight or later
    • Seven can be in-place upgraded to 10
    • Ergo: XP to Vista is a must, as well as Vista to Seven but then you can bypass the Eight and jump to 10

Kari, Jan 2, 2022
Thema:

In Place Upgrade to Windows 11

1. In Place Upgrade to Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Place Upgrade

2. In-Place Upgrade has me locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In-Place Upgrade has me locked out of my computer: For the last two weeks windows 11 has been crashing my apps and causing errors. I did all the steps I could to keep my computer running. All my updates are installed for windows and my laptop hardware, all my drivers are up to date, and I repaired and reinstalled all my apps....
  3. In-Place Upgrade has me locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In-Place Upgrade has me locked out of my computer: For the last two weeks windows 11 has been crashing my apps and causing errors. I did all the steps I could to keep my computer running. All my updates are installed for windows and my laptop hardware, all my drivers are up to date, and I repaired and reinstalled all my apps....
  4. How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 10: How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-in-place-upgrade-in-windows-10/ed73e443-8d41-45b5-9966-a96b9303babf
  5. How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 10

How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 10: How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-in-place-upgrade-in-windows-10/ed73e443-8d41-45b5-9966-a96b9303babf
  6. How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can't perform In-place upgrade!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't perform In-place upgrade!: Hi! I am using Windows 11 laptop. I was facing major issues with Windows Update. It always fails to install with error 0x80070002. I tried each and everything possible, including troubleshooter. I even ran sfc /scannow command. I deleted SoftwareDistribution and catroot2...
  8. Can't perform In-place upgrade!

Can't perform In-place upgrade!: Hi! I am using Windows 11 laptop. I was facing major issues with Windows Update. It always fails to install with error 0x80070002. I tried each and everything possible, including troubleshooter. I even ran sfc /scannow command. I deleted SoftwareDistribution and catroot2...
  9. In-place upgrade to Win11 x64 23H2 from 22H2 using ISO.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In-place upgrade to Win11 x64 23H2 from 22H2 using ISO.: Hi Team,I'm performing in-place upgrade to Win11 x64 23H2 from 22H2 using ISO with option to "Keep personal files and apps". Its working as expected when I mount the ISO and run the setup.exe file. It mounts and gets the drive letter as "D". I'm trying to use a script .bat...
  10. In-place upgrade to Win11 x64 23H2 from 22H2 using ISO.

In-place upgrade to Win11 x64 23H2 from 22H2 using ISO.: Hi Team,I'm performing in-place upgrade to Win11 x64 23H2 from 22H2 using ISO with option to "Keep personal files and apps". Its working as expected when I mount the ISO and run the setup.exe file. It mounts and gets the drive letter as "D". I'm trying to use a script .bat...