Windows 10: In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?

Discus and support In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can I download a WIndows Home or Pro ISO file then use it to in-place upgrade a Windows Enterprise system? Will it not alter some GPO configured by a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davemachews, Nov 12, 2018.

1. In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?

Can I download a WIndows Home or Pro ISO file then use it to in-place upgrade a Windows Enterprise system?

Will it not alter some GPO configured by a system admin if it is possible?

Thanks

:)

davemachews, Nov 12, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Uplink10 Win User
    Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users but not Enterprise users

Uplink10, Nov 12, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?

1. In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home? - Similar Threads - place Upgrade Enterprise

2. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Enterprise: There is a lot of conflicting information on how you can and can't upgrade to Enterprise from a current Home edition. I purchased a system about 2 years ago for business that came with Windows 10 Home by default. Pretty weird combo considering the specs of this system but...
  3. Windows 10 Home, Pro & Enterprise

Windows 10 Home, Pro & Enterprise: I am at a complete loss here! I spent $139.00 to get an installation ofWindows 10 Home. The email receipt said I was purchasing Windows 10 Home, gave me a product key and a link to install the operating system on myWindows Surface Pro 7. I had previously purchased and install...
  4. Windows 10 Home upgrades to Windows 10 Enterprise instead of to Pro

Windows 10 Home upgrades to Windows 10 Enterprise instead of to Pro: I ran into an odd thing today. Have been upgrading Windows 10 Home computers to Windows 10 Pro. I made use of the upgrade option provided in the Microsoft Store paying the C$ 130. Two of the computers showed Windows 10 Enterprise after the upgrade was done. The problem is...
  5. Windows 10 Enterprise: Upgrade in place not working.

Windows 10 Enterprise: Upgrade in place not working.: Hi all, I am upgrading my PC running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 to WIndows 10 Enterprise version 1903, however I have been unsuccessful several times. I ran SetupDiag and got the following for the two attempts. Matching Profile found: FindAbruptDownlevelFailure -...
  6. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?: This is the second time in a row where I've upgraded a PC from Windows 10 Home to Pro via the Microsoft Store on the machine. However, upon restarting I get the message that shows that Windows isn't activated and in the computer properties it shows that the machine is now...
  7. Windows 10 Home suppose be upgraded to Pro, but it got upgraded to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home suppose be upgraded to Pro, but it got upgraded to Enterprise: Yesterday, I went on the built-in Microsoft store, purchased the $99 Windows 10 Pro upgrade, after the transaction completed, it changed to an install button that I clicked on and went through the "Adding Features" updates. When I finished the update, I check my license, it...
  8. In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?

In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?: Can I download a WIndows Home or Pro ISO file then use it to in-place upgrade a Windows Enterprise system? Will it not alter some GPO configured by a system admin if it is possible? Thanks 121474
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise In-Place Upgrade Issues

Windows 10 Enterprise In-Place Upgrade Issues: We are planning our Windows 10 migrations from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10 Enterprise. We are wanting to explore in-place upgrade for some or all of the 2,000+ machines. What experience or issues have people had with this approach. Historically, we have performed...
  10. in-place upgrade to windows 10 PRO or enterprise

in Windows 10 Support
    in-place upgrade to windows 10 PRO or enterprise: Hi There, I got a request from business user to do in-place upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 PRO or enterprise without him loosing his data . I Have tried the straight forward method through windows logo pop-up which doesn't normally ask for windows licences and that...