Windows 10: In Private

Discus and support In Private in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I try to print, in the top left corner it says In Private. It will not print. How do I correct this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by plainsman65DM, Mar 24, 2019.

1. In Private

When I try to print, in the top left corner it says In Private. It will not print. How do I correct this?

:)

plainsman65DM, Mar 24, 2019

2. Change Network from Public to Private

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    change your network from Public to Private:

• Type PowerShell in Search Window and then right click on it and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Type the following command to find your interface Index:
      Get-NetConnectionProfile

• Use your interface index (for example 5) with this command:
      Set-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceIndex 5 -NetworkCategory Private

• Now reboot the device and check if the network has changed from Public to Private.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Windows HomeGroups and Xfinity Private Networks

Hi Gene,

Thank you for sharing the outcome when you followed the steps on how to create a HomeGroup. Please follow these steps to change the network profile to Private:

• Left click on the Wi-Fi icon at the bottom right side of the screen, near the clock.
    • Left click on Properties below your network name.
    • Under Network profile, change it to Private.
    • Create a HomeGroup again.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Mar 24, 2019
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

In Private

Fun games on private servers?

I'm watching a friend play WoW on a private server right now and it seems decently fun. What other games or MMOs are amusing to play on private servers that change the gameplay sometimes? I wanted to try FFXI but apparently there aren't any or they're rare. Any suggestions?

OrbitzXT, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

In Private

1. In Private - Similar Threads - Private

2. Private IP Address in ARP Table That I've Never Seen Before?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Private IP Address in ARP Table That I've Never Seen Before?: every so often, I use the 'arp -a' command in CMD to check the IP addresses on my network, just to ensure everything is normal. I have 1 PC, 1 laptop, and 2 TVs which normally appear in the ARP tabletoday however, I've noticed an IP address in the arp table that I've never...
  3. Private IP Address in ARP Table That I've Never Seen Before?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Private IP Address in ARP Table That I've Never Seen Before?: every so often, I use the 'arp -a' command in CMD to check the IP addresses on my network, just to ensure everything is normal. I have 1 PC, 1 laptop, and 2 TVs which normally appear in the ARP tabletoday however, I've noticed an IP address in the arp table that I've never...
  4. Private IP Address in ARP Table That I've Never Seen Before?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Private tables Online MSN Games Spades

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Private tables Online MSN Games Spades: I have started playing the MSN Game Backgammon.When I click on a private table I am sent to the ENTER PASSWORD page.What password is this. It says other players must know this password. The other time this question was asked says thread locked with no provided answer.Thanks...
  6. Private tables Online MSN Games Spades

Private tables Online MSN Games Spades: I have started playing the MSN Game Backgammon.When I click on a private table I am sent to the ENTER PASSWORD page.What password is this. It says other players must know this password. The other time this question was asked says thread locked with no provided answer.Thanks...
  7. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...
  8. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...
  9. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. How is possible both public and private networks are simultaneously showing being active?

How is possible both public and private networks are simultaneously showing being active?: Newest windows was download via update two days ago, now this is happening. And yes, I checked and my "public" choice is still my chosen selected network. My VPN is listed with the active private network, and the usual network 2 is listed for the public network I prefer...