Windows 10: In quick access, my D:\ drive merged with music?

Discus and support In quick access, my D:\ drive merged with music? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was attempting to move my user folders (Pictures, Videos, Music, etc.) by changing their location in properties. However, when I tried to relocate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EricAlfaro, Nov 19, 2018.

1. In quick access, my D:\ drive merged with music?

I was attempting to move my user folders (Pictures, Videos, Music, etc.) by changing their location in properties. However, when I tried to relocate "Music" to my D:\ drive, it seems like they merged together. I can no longer find my music file and the D:\ drive has the regular music icon in quick access. Did I corrupt something and is there anyway to revert this? In quick access, my D:\ drive merged with music? 24d741f4-e4e2-4ec5-a0f3-ce72ef56137f?upload=true.png

:)

EricAlfaro, Nov 19, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Turned Hard Drive into Music folder

• Create a folder on the D drive and name it 'Music'
    • Move all the files and folders that should be in the Music folder into this new folder
    • Then in Quick Access, right click the Windows Music Library, select Properties
    • Then on the location Tab, set its location to the new 'Music' folder
    • When asked if you want to merge contents - Select 'No'
    • Click 'Apply' and 'OK'

If you want you can leave the music folder on the D Drive, or you can then click 'Restore Default' to move it back onto the C Drive

If needs be for the Documents folder, you can perform the same operation by creating a new Documents folder on the D Drive

NOTE: the important step is (5) do not merge the contents . . .

DaveM121, Nov 19, 2018
  3. how to merge c drive and d drive

It depends on a couple things.

If you have two separate physical C and D drives, you can't merge them.

If the D drive is a partition (not a drive) and its to the right of C:\ in Disk Management, you can right click C:\ then click Extend.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

Take a screenshot then post in a reply here.

If the layout is similar to how I described it, try the following. Make sure important data is backed up if there is any.

Select the D:\ partition

Right click the ‘D:\’ in Disk Management, on the contextual menu, click the ‘Delete Volume’ option. Click ‘Yes’ when the warning dialog appears.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition (C:\). Right click the System volume and click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre for Directly, Nov 19, 2018
  4. In quick access, my D:\ drive merged with music?

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

In quick access, my D:\ drive merged with music?

1. In quick access, my D:\ drive merged with music? - Similar Threads - quick access drive

2. D drive merged with Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive merged with Desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop. how to split those two? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/40bb6288-50f0-4609-a20c-71785e0f902e
  3. D drive merged with Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive merged with Desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop. how to split those two? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/40bb6288-50f0-4609-a20c-71785e0f902e
  4. Merging the C drive with the D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merging the C drive with the D drive: I have been trying to merge my drives and searching up how to do it. I have come to an area where I can't go any further. I have allocated space on my D drive by shrinking it. I have unallocated space on the d drive but when I try to extend my C drive it is grayed out. Is...
  5. Merging the C drive with the D drive

Merging the C drive with the D drive: I have been trying to merge my drives and searching up how to do it. I have come to an area where I can't go any further. I have allocated space on my D drive by shrinking it. I have unallocated space on the d drive but when I try to extend my C drive it is grayed out. Is...
  6. Merging the C drive with the D drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. D drive merged with desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D drive merged with desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop.how to split those two https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/d0572017-abfb-486a-8984-0f608c88d518
  8. D drive merged with desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive merged with desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop.how to split those two https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/d0572017-abfb-486a-8984-0f608c88d518
  9. D drive merged with desktop

10. I accidentally merged my music folder with my D: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally merged my music folder with my D: drive: I found where some users have had similar issues, but none were identical to mine. I was trying to move my music folder to my D: drive rather than my C: but I somehow merged the two instead and cannot figure out how to undo it. I honestly know very little about computers, so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. merged music with a drive windows