Windows 10: In Quick Assist, "View Screen" is Grayed Out. How to fix?

Discus and support In Quick Assist, "View Screen" is Grayed Out. How to fix? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Quick Assist, "View Screen" is Grayed Out. How to fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by johny w, Dec 14, 2018.

1. johny w Win User

In Quick Assist, "View Screen" is Grayed Out. How to fix?

:)

johny w, Dec 14, 2018

2. "Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Quick Assist

Hi Henry,

It's possible that your computer's Internet Options is not set properly, that's why you're experiencing issues with Quick Assist. Kindly make sure that your computer is allowed to save encrypted pages by following these steps:

• Type internet options on the search bar.
    • Click on Internet Options.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Scroll down, and make sure that Do not save encrypted pages to disk is unchecked.
    • Click OK.

Once done with the steps, try to use Quick Assist again, then check if the issue persists.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Quick Assist

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding of the issue:

• What happens when you search for quick assist in the start menu?
    • Are you getting any error message while opening Quick Assist?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

However, you can try the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Re-registering the app

1. Type PowerShell on the search bar.
    2. Right click on PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Once the process is completed, restart the computer and search for Quick Assist.

Method 2: Creating new user account

You can create a new user account and check if you are able to open Quick Assist.
    To create a new user account please follow the steps from L: Create a local user
    or administrator account in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

1. In Quick Assist, "View Screen" is Grayed Out. How to fix? - Similar Threads - Quick Assist View

2. Change ownership is grayed out, how to fix that.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change ownership is grayed out, how to fix that.: Hi,I need to delete the scan history of my WIN11 install. I had some files that I removed from the AV scan, still, windows says it needs to take action against it even tho the files are long goneso here comes my second problem other than Windows is stupid and figure that out...
  3. Change ownership is grayed out, how to fix that.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change ownership is grayed out, how to fix that.: Hi,I need to delete the scan history of my WIN11 install. I had some files that I removed from the AV scan, still, windows says it needs to take action against it even tho the files are long goneso here comes my second problem other than Windows is stupid and figure that out...
  4. Quick Assist Multiple Screens

Quick Assist Multiple Screens: Hello. I am using Quick Assist to remote in to a machine which is using multiple screens. I know Quick Assist has this feature to view the multiple screens but is there also a way where I could use multiple screens on my end so that I could see the screens better? Any help is...
  5. Quick Assist Multiple Screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist Multiple Screens: Hello. I am using Quick Assist to remote in to a machine which is using multiple screens. I know Quick Assist has this feature to view the multiple screens but is there also a way where I could use multiple screens on my end so that I could see the screens better? Any help is...
  6. Screen Resolution Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Resolution Grayed Out: I cannot change my screen resolution it is just grayed out. I went to device manager and it said all the drivers were up to date. I went into the properties but did not see a "Compatibility" tab that others have talked about. I don't know what else to try?...
  7. why Mobile Hotspot is grayed out...? How to fix this...?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why Mobile Hotspot is grayed out...? How to fix this...?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sayemon10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m88ubh/why_mobile_hotspot_is_grayed_out_how_to_fix_this/
  8. Quick Assist fixed

Quick Assist fixed: I'm posting this to share my success today fixing a Quick Assist problem that had me perplexed. I have 5 different Windows 10 systems and 2 of them load Quick Assist without a problem. But the other 3 get stuck displaying animated rotating balls on a white background and...
  9. Windows Quick Assist "View Screen" option is grayed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Quick Assist "View Screen" option is grayed out: Any suggestions on how to use Quick Assist in view-only mode instead of full control? The View Screen option is grayed out. A number of people have this problem but no answer was posted and the thread was closed. Full control mode works fine, but I don't want to take...
  10. Quick Assist white screen

Quick Assist white screen: I start quick Assist and it quickly goes to all white except the window header bar. Have used this production happily for many months, but it started failing 12/7/2018....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. quick assist windows 10 view greyed out

2. quick assist view is grayed out

3. quick assist black-screen

4. Go To Assist- Show Customers Screen grayed out