Windows 10: In quick succession 5 unplanned restarts

Discus and support In quick succession 5 unplanned restarts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My problems mentioned in other threads had gone away, more or less, but this morning there were five early on in quick succession. Could it be weather... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chipwood, Jan 20, 2017.

1. chipwood Win User

In quick succession 5 unplanned restarts

My problems mentioned in other threads had gone away, more or less, but this morning there were five early on in quick succession. Could it be weather related, seeing it is nearly midday and all the cars in my road are still frosted up.

Is this log saying anything serious? It looks worrying to my inexpert eye? Can you advice on my nest steps, evne to shooting my current set up?

:)

chipwood, Jan 20, 2017

2. Windows 10 Pro - 5 unplanned re-starts in the last 24 hours

Hello,

My new Surface Pro 3 is having problems staying on - it has restarted itself five times in the last 24 hours. The reasons for restarts are Unexpected Store Exception (2) and Critical Process Died (3).

The Surface Pro is brand new and I have downloaded all available updates.

Any idea what might be wrong?

brendanmoran_985, Jan 20, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Pro - 5 unplanned re-starts in the last 24 hours

Thanks,

I have downloaded the two most recent DMP files (related to two unplanned re-starts this morning)

What's next?

Brendan

brendanmoran_985, Jan 20, 2017
  4. Railtech Win User

Sounds like a power issue to me. PSU would be first suspect especially on an older PC. Have it tested. Beyond that make sure all your poser connections a good, wise to disconnect and re-seat each one

Railtech, Jan 20, 2017
  5. chipwood Win User
    When I had problems before, I did get someone in, who loaned a PSU to test the theory. The problems persisted. Today was the worst for some time- 6 between 8:30 and 10:30, but none since; immediately prior incidents were on 13 and 18th this month.

My remarks at the start were not the main focus of the thread TBH. Rather it arose from my seeing a warning that this morning that boot up had not completed properly, so I set boot logging. My looking through all the logs created or modified today led me to the log, that I attached to th OP. That is the real point ofmy thread, to which I hope someone will respond.

BTW I love your reference to "poser connections"!*Biggrin

chipwood, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. In quick succession 5 unplanned restarts - Similar Threads - quick succession unplanned

2. WerFault.exe and Minecraft.exe errors in quick succession

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WerFault.exe and Minecraft.exe errors in quick succession: I was running 3 python programmes at the same time for multiple days on my computer then one of them crashed and a WerFault.exe error popped up. I took a screenshot and then dismissed it. I then saw a Minecraft.exe error I also had Minecraft open, and I did the same thing...
  3. WerFault.exe and Minecraft.exe errors in quick succession

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WerFault.exe and Minecraft.exe errors in quick succession: I was running 3 python programmes at the same time for multiple days on my computer then one of them crashed and a WerFault.exe error popped up. I took a screenshot and then dismissed it. I then saw a Minecraft.exe error I also had Minecraft open, and I did the same thing...
  4. unplanned restart server 2012 r2 datacenter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unplanned restart server 2012 r2 datacenter: Hi dears,From the last week onwards my server has few unplanned restarts happening. The server model is fujitsu primargy rx 2540 m1. O.S updated. driver updated and bios updated recently no third-party software or device installed. Still issue persists. in the eventy viewer...
  5. unplanned restart server 2012 r2 datacenter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unplanned restart server 2012 r2 datacenter: Hi dears,From the last week onwards my server has few unplanned restarts happening. The server model is fujitsu primargy rx 2540 m1. O.S updated. driver updated and bios updated recently no third-party software or device installed. Still issue persists. in the eventy viewer...
  6. Three BSOD in quick succession

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Three BSOD in quick succession: Windows 10 pro 64 bit Today within a hour had three bsod's happened 1.Kernel Security check failure 2.SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3.PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA system updates are current.. V2LOG and system info attached. Request guidance please. 177151
  7. Deep dive into Qualcomm Quick Charge 5 and other Quick Charge news

in Windows 10 News
    Deep dive into Qualcomm Quick Charge 5 and other Quick Charge news: [ATTACH] No one likes to wait for things. Your smartphone phone is awesome but waiting to charge your smartphone battery is a drag. Qualcomm Quick Charge is designed to charge your smartphone faster than a conventional charger. Quick Charge remains the number one method...
  8. Restarting every 5 Seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting every 5 Seconds: Hey first of all sorry for my bad English it’s not my main language. I have a Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming notebook. My Laptop made today a Update and during the Update he restarted and 5 seconds later he turned off he repeated this for a hour. Then I decided to press F2...
  9. Updates require restart - and they never show successful!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates require restart - and they never show successful!: Yesterday I had my first successful windows update (KB4023057 - Update for Windows 10 Version 1803) since mid-August when I reinstalled WIndows 10. Most updates since then all show "Requires a restart" and they never complete. However, this KB4023057 seems to indicate that...
  10. Multiple screenshots in quick succession

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple screenshots in quick succession: I used to use FRAPS for screenshots & it would take them as fast as I could hammer the capture key. Now it's not working with 10, I have found the Windows+PrtScn feature which is great, however it can only take 1 shot every 0.5 secs. Are there any screenshot programs that...