Windows 10: in re: laptop not sharing network

Discus and support in re: laptop not sharing network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a laptop and a desktop on the same network. The desktop displays both computers but the laptop won't so I am not able to print from the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Impala Child, Nov 28, 2020.

1. in re: laptop not sharing network

I have a laptop and a desktop on the same network. The desktop displays both computers but the laptop won't so I am not able to print from the laptop using the printer which is connected via ethernet to the desktop. When I go to print a test page it won't print or show up in either queue.

:)

Impala Child, Nov 28, 2020

2. Network Sharing

Hi Arya,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Are you trying to share the wireless network connection from Windows device to phone?
    2. What is the make and model of the phone?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?
    Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

If you’re referring to sharing the Wireless network connection in Windows 10, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard and click on Network & Internet.
    2. On the network & Internet page, click on ‘Mobile hotspot’.
    3. Turn On’ Share my Internet connection with other devices under Mobile hotspot.
    4. The default network name and password will be available under Mobile hotspot.
    5. Enter the same password on the device which you’re trying to connect and check the status of the issue.

If you’re trying to share the internet connection, then refer the article
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot
    for more information.

If you’re referring to ‘File sharing’, I suggest you to refer the section ‘How do I troubleshoot sharing and folders’ from the article ‘File
    sharing over a network in Windows 10

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Network and sharing

Hi,

We see that you are having issues accessing the shared drive on your network. To assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer or network prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

in re: laptop not sharing network

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

in re: laptop not sharing network

1. in re: laptop not sharing network - Similar Threads - laptop sharing network

2. WIndows11 network shared connections need to re-share after the interface is down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows11 network shared connections need to re-share after the interface is down: i am using windows11 and i am sharing a connection to another computer, the host which is sharing the lan interface got a problem, which is like this: if the computer is rebooted or the shared lan interface is shutted down and brought up again, i have to open that interface's...
  3. WIndows11 network shared connections need to re-share after the interface is down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows11 network shared connections need to re-share after the interface is down: i am using windows11 and i am sharing a connection to another computer, the host witch is sharing the lan interface got a problem, which is like this: if the computer is rebooted or the shared lan interface is down and up again, i have to open that interface's configuration...
  4. Network sharing between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network sharing between two laptops: I'm trying to connect access two laptops Windows 11 and Windows 10 together under the same network but keep getting the Network Credentials prompt. I've tried entering the correct user/password to no avail? All permissions in Network Sharing are correct. Any suggestions?...
  5. Network sharing between two laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network sharing between two laptops: I'm trying to connect access two laptops Windows 11 and Windows 10 together under the same network but keep getting the Network Credentials prompt. I've tried entering the correct user/password to no avail? All permissions in Network Sharing are correct. Any suggestions?...
  6. Network Sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing: To make sure the problem can be solved, allow File and Printer Sharing in Windows firewall settings.Step 1. Click "Start" > "Control Panel" > "Windows Firewall" > "Allow a program through Windows Firewall".Step 2. In the pop-up window, check "File and Printer Sharing" in the...
  7. network sharing between PC and Laptop?

network sharing between PC and Laptop?: I have 3 drives on my PC with windows 10. Need to share on of these drives with my laptop with windows 10.These 2 units are placed in different rooms with the same network at home.Thanks...
  8. Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations

Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations: Hello ! I hope you are all well and I also hope that I can find some ideas around here: Things are as it follows: I have Desktop PC connected to a router via cable and several other laptops around the house, connected via Wifi, to the same network / same router,...
  9. Finally- Unblocked laptop network sharing

Finally- Unblocked laptop network sharing: Since this past summer after an update the Win10 laptop would not connect to the Win10 desktop. File and Print sharing resource is online but isn’t responding to connection attempts has been the troubleshooting result. Desktop TO the laptop has operated just fine. I kept...
  10. Network sharing

Network sharing: I am not a newbie but there is a lot I have yet to learn. I do not have a homegroup set up but on my Windows 8 machine I can see all of my Windows 7 machines (2). On both of my Windows 7 machines I can see all of my other Windows 7 machine and the Windows 8 machine. My...