Windows 10: In reference to experiencing random BSOD screens with a random error codes.

Discus and support In reference to experiencing random BSOD screens with a random error codes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, so from past 20 days, I have been experiencing random BSOD while either browsing internet, or playing games. Firstlythis occurred after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shivam_Tewari.V1.0, Jul 1, 2020.

1. In reference to experiencing random BSOD screens with a random error codes.

Hi, so from past 20 days, I have been experiencing random BSOD while either browsing internet, or playing games. Firstlythis occurred after the insider's update I got 20 days ago; At that time, I experienced a green screen, with some error code, which I couldn't note, since you know, AUTOMATIC RESTART !!! But thenfrom past 2 days, the BSOD occurrences has been very frequent, like 30 minutes or so.

Some of the BSODs that I have experienced are, as follows-

1. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - while browsing, on the internet, &
    2. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - during playing games on citra emulator.

Since, my overall windows bootup time, and core system functionalities are intact BTW,I also ran diagnostics and it states NO system or memory errors, Iwould like to get immediate assistance over this matter, since now my system is just throwing random BSOD at any time.

BTW, I have never experienced BSOD before the last insider's update in June.

My system is DELL Inspiron 7572.

Please assist, Thanks !!

:)

Shivam_Tewari.V1.0, Jul 1, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Bonn84 Win User
    Random BSOD errors

Background

• Whilst only bought recently, my laptop (Dell XPS 9560) has a history with random BSOD errors that tend to increase in frequency with time until the laptop becomes unusable.
    • The laptop was given a fresh format and installation recently.
    • Software installed – Installed Windows 10, Office, Winrar, Adobe Reader, Visual Studio 2015, SQL Server, Chrome, DropBox, Google Backup and Sync
    • Within two weeks it reverted to giving BSOD errors.
    Symptoms

• Random BSOD errors
      • Page fault in non-paged area (NTFS.sys)
      • IRQL not less than or equal
    • Backup and Sync crashes very regularly (no user friendly message, just googledrivesync.exe has stopped working)
    • Chrome crashes quite regularly (ah snap! message). This happened both before and after the format.
    • Windows Update fails
    Things I tried

• Uninstalling and re-installing Chrome and Backup & Sync
    • Downloaded and installed Dell Updates
      • Specifically a BIOS update (installed successfully)
    • Ran Dell Diagnostics (at boot time)
      • No issues found
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Hardware Checkup
      • Succeeded
    • Windows Update
      • In Normal Mode: Message shows up indicating that the system is not up to date. Upon clicking Check for Updates, updates seem to download but then quit abruptly during installation. Same error indicating system is not up to date shows.
      • In Safe Mode: Upon clicking Check for Updates the Windows Update window closes abruptly.
    • sfc /scannow
      • In Normal Mode: Error at 3%: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation
      • In Safe Mode: Ran successfully, no violations found
    • Chkdsk /f c:
      • Ran successfully
    • Windows Memory Diagnostic
      • Succeeded
    • MemTest86 (more advanced memory test)
      • Freezes mid-way (tried twice)
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Drivers and Downloads
      • BIOS update
      • Network driver (Intel 8265) – Failed. Installed separately through device manager.
    • Step #9 seems to have solved some of the issues:
      • Windows update succeeded (#4)
      • Sfc /scannow succeeded in normal mode (#5)
      • BSOD errors persisted though (091317-8562-01.dmp occurred after the update)
    Thing I did not try

• Eliminating hardware (e.g., memory stick)
    • Running Driver verifier

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bonn84, Jul 1, 2020
  4. diznanl Win User

In reference to experiencing random BSOD screens with a random error codes.

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Random reboots and 0x124 error

Thanks, axe0

How do I explain what steps I took... I ran dm_log_collector.exe but not sure how results were actually acquired/interpreted.

I need to be able to explain steps I took and steps taken to reproduce.

Attachment 162250

thanks, in advance!

diznanl, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

In reference to experiencing random BSOD screens with a random error codes.

1. In reference to experiencing random BSOD screens with a random error codes. - Similar Threads - reference experiencing random

2. Repeated BSODS with random error codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated BSODS with random error codes: Ive made a thread but i need to fix this quickly so im a making another, here is all the information leading to this point...
  3. Repeated BSODS with random error codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated BSODS with random error codes: Ive made a thread but i need to fix this quickly so im a making another, here is all the information leading to this point...
  4. Random BSOD errors of varying codes

Random BSOD errors of varying codes: I have been getting random BSOD errors for a while, sometimes I get 5 in 1 day, and sometimes I get none in 1 week, it is very random. I have tried most of the recommended fixes for the codes I get and none seem to work. Here is a zipped file containing the 5 most recent BSOD...
  5. I have been experiencing random BSOD errors

I have been experiencing random BSOD errors: Hi,I have an old computer where i updated from pirated win 7 to original win 10 and since than i experience random BSOD with different codes. I dont know anything about internal components will have to ask previous owner when he is available because i got this PC for free but...
  6. I have been experiencing random BSOD errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been experiencing random BSOD errors: Hi,I have an old computer where i updated from pirated win 7 to original win 10 and since than i experience random BSOD with different codes. I dont know anything about internal components will have to ask previous owner when he is available because i got this PC for free but...
  7. I have been experiencing random BSOD errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Random BSOD with different error code.

Random BSOD with different error code.: Hi, I am currently having random BSOD Issues.. My computer crashes randomly at times.. till i am pretty frustrated at it. My Computer:This is the most recent dmp file that i have. ************* Path validation summary **************Response Time ms LocationDeferred srv*Symbol...
  9. Random BSODs with different error codes

Random BSODs with different error codes: Hi, I'm having random BSODs starting about 1 week ago. First BSOD happened while my sister was using Adobe Illustrator, she suddenly rebooted the PC so there was no MINIDUMP and I didn't make in time to write down crash report information. Second BSOD occurred when I opened a...
  10. BSOD "Reference by pointer" randomly

BSOD "Reference by pointer" randomly: Hello. Recently i've been having a lot of BSODs with the message "reference_by_pointer". A different message has occured but it's mostly that one. At first i tought it had something to do with google chrome, as most of the times i would be opening or closing chrome at the...