Windows 10: In repair mode, Command Prompt says Password is incorrect

Discus and support In repair mode, Command Prompt says Password is incorrect in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; [IMG]Im trying to open command prompt in repair mode, but saying the password is incorrect. But Im sure its 100% correct ans I also reset password... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by valonvejseli, Mar 12, 2021.

1. In repair mode, Command Prompt says Password is incorrect

In repair mode, Command Prompt says Password is incorrect [​IMG]Im trying to open command prompt in repair mode, but saying the password is incorrect. But Im sure its 100% correct ans I also reset password tried again, its same problem!

:)

valonvejseli, Mar 12, 2021
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Mar 12, 2021
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Mar 12, 2021
  4. In repair mode, Command Prompt says Password is incorrect

Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods:

Method 1

Please follow the steps below to go back to the normal startup:

• Type windows + r to open run command.

• Type msconfig to open system configuration.

• Uncheck the safe mode.

• Then restart the computer and check.
    Method 2

I recommend you to follow the article and check if it helps::

Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

In repair mode, Command Prompt says Password is incorrect

1. In repair mode, Command Prompt says Password is incorrect - Similar Threads - repair mode Command

2. The command prompt password is showing incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The command prompt password is showing incorrect: I have tried all passwords i could recall but still it is showing incorrect and i i can't do anything from the windows as i on the log in screen it is showing that due to a change in security settings to set up a new pin click on setup new pin but when I am clicking on the...
  3. The command prompt password is showing incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The command prompt password is showing incorrect: I have tried all passwords i could recall but still it is showing incorrect and i i can't do anything from the windows as i on the log in screen it is showing that due to a change in security settings to set up a new pin click on setup new pin but when I am clicking on the...
  4. The command prompt password is showing incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Asus Laptop stuck in repair mode, says admin password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Laptop stuck in repair mode, says admin password is incorrect: I have changed my admin password many times and still nothing. I updated my laptop like normal, restarted it after the update like usual, it booted up normally then I got hit with the blue screen "Something went wrong, system will automatically restart :" and so it did. Then...
  6. Asus Laptop stuck in repair mode, says admin password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Laptop stuck in repair mode, says admin password is incorrect: I have changed my admin password many times and still nothing. I updated my laptop like normal, restarted it after the update like usual, it booted up normally then I got hit with the blue screen "Something went wrong, system will automatically restart :" and so it did. Then...
  7. Asus Laptop stuck in repair mode, says admin password is incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Incorrect Password while accessing Command Prompt in Safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect Password while accessing Command Prompt in Safe mode: Hi ! I have been trying to access the command prompt through safe mode. When I select the command prompt option, my pc restarts and it asks me to select an account and log in to it. When I enter the password, it says "incorrect password" even though I'm entering the correct...
  9. Safe mode says incorrect password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe mode says incorrect password: I boosted minimal safe mode with msconfig, but now it doesnt accept my password. I tried every password, but none works. I even tried resetting my password on web and also safe mode with networking, but still didnt work. But, one password makes the computer say like "Welcome"...
  10. Startup repair says "incorrect password" on password that works

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Startup repair says "incorrect password" on password that works: Basically title. Every password i input in startup repair is incorrect, even though when i login to microsoft using the same acc it works. 131484