Windows 10: In Safe Mode, can't sign in with Pin

Discus and support In Safe Mode, can't sign in with Pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I put my laptop in Safe Mode before running a malware program. When I restated it would not accept my pin and didn't give me an option to change my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MaryKuhn1, May 24, 2019.

1. MaryKuhn1 Win User

In Safe Mode, can't sign in with Pin

I put my laptop in Safe Mode before running a malware program. When I restated it would not accept my pin and didn't give me an option to change my password. Now I'm stuck because everything I've read about fixing it indicates I need to be on the computer somehow, which I can't do. I've changed my Microsoft account password using my desktop but that doesn't work. Is there a fix without too much technical jargon that I would understand?

:)

MaryKuhn1, May 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 Safe Mode PIN Failure

Thank you Isha. I tried your safe mode suggestion WITH networking. It still did not work.

But I got round it by removing the PIN
    even though Cortana does not work. Here is how:

1. Right-click on desktop

2. click on Personolise

3. in the blue search bar type Sign-in to get the sign-in option

4. click on Sign-in options

5. under the PIN section click on Remove

6. type in the user password (not PIN)

The PIN is now removed. This would now allow signing into windows in the Safe Mode, etc.

N.B. you could also go to the next step (step 7) and remove the account password all together if required.

Jamshid Aziminia, May 24, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    PIN not working in Safe mode

Hello,

Windows 10 may have encountered a corruption that caused your machine not to recognize your pin. For us to better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Is this also happening even if you're not on Safe mode?
    • Are you getting an error message whenever you enter your pin?

Meanwhile, if you're able to log into your computer if you're not in Safe mode, we recommend that you visit this

link
    . From there, you'll see a thread with a similar issue, kindly see the reply of
    Kapil Arya MVP and follow the steps on his reply.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, May 24, 2019
  4. In Safe Mode, can't sign in with Pin

Safe Mode _ Incorrect Pin

PIN and other sign in options will not work if you are signing in to safe mode. Only password will work. Password and PIN are two different sign in options so it means your PIN is not the same with your Windows Password.

Cheers

Kyah Pembaryah, May 24, 2019
Thema:

In Safe Mode, can't sign in with Pin

1. In Safe Mode, can't sign in with Pin - Similar Threads - Safe Mode can't

2. Can't sign in with safe mode neither with normal mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in with safe mode neither with normal mode: I've been messing around with my graphics drivers on dell E6540 and after getting BSODs I decided to reset windows 10 but I'm still getting BSODs and now I can't even set-up my language and keyboard and things I tried using safe mode but I cant set it up that way either when...
  3. Can't sign in with safe mode neither with normal mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in with safe mode neither with normal mode: I've been messing around with my graphics drivers on dell E6540 and after getting BSODs I decided to reset windows 10 but I'm still getting BSODs and now I can't even set-up my language and keyboard and things I tried using safe mode but I cant set it up that way either when...
  4. Can't sign in with safe mode neither with normal mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't sign-in into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign-in into safe mode: I can't sign in to my laptop. I've tried to press and hold the Shift key while clicking on restart button in order to sign-in into safe mode, but it doesn't work at all. Can someone help me?...
  6. Can't sign-in into safe mode

Can't sign-in into safe mode: I can't sign in to my laptop. I've tried to press and hold the Shift key while clicking on restart button in order to sign-in into safe mode, but it doesn't work at all. Can someone help me?...
  7. .Pin unavailable can't boot in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    .Pin unavailable can't boot in safe mode: I am locked out of Windows with the 'something went wrong and pin unavallable' messsage. Can't reset pin on login screen and don't know password. Safe mode not working, returns to the screen asking for password so I'm stuck in a loop...
  8. .Pin unavailable can't boot in safe mode

.Pin unavailable can't boot in safe mode: I am locked out of Windows with the 'something went wrong and pin unavallable' messsage. Can't reset pin on login screen and don't know password. Safe mode not working, returns to the screen asking for password so I'm stuck in a loop...
  9. Can't sign in in safe mode with networking

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in in safe mode with networking: When i attempt to boot windows 10 in safe mode with networking, it brings me to the sign in page. When i press sign in, a tab that says 'Search for app in the store? You need to install an app for this task. Would you like yo search for one in the store?' If I press yes or...
  10. Can't sign in on safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't sign in on safe mode: I had to reboot my Asus brand gaming laptop into safe mode for a reason, but it won't accept my password and keeps saying it's incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-on-safe-mode/29087a8a-8677-44c8-b5ff-b2258e39d81b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. login usin pin windows safemode