Windows 10: In Safe Mode, forgot Admin password.

Discus and support In Safe Mode, forgot Admin password. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I had to restart my computer to Safe mode. Unfortunately, i forgot my password. However, from what ive read, I might still have hope because I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FrancoM.10, Jul 10, 2020.

1. In Safe Mode, forgot Admin password.

Hello, I had to restart my computer to Safe mode. Unfortunately, i forgot my password. However, from what ive read, I might still have hope because I think my account is tied to my Microsoft account because when I enter Safe Mode with Command Prompt i see my account name and my email underneath it. However, I tried using my password when i log in to microsoft.com with the same email, but it doesnt work. Is my computer password different from Microsoft website password even if they use the same email? Im confused, I dont know what to do and Im locked out of my computer. :

I can change my Microsoft password, not sure if thatll help. But i tried booting into Safe Mode with Networking but im still not connected to the internet even though im using an Ethernet cable to connect my PC via switcher to the router. I should have connection, right?

:)

FrancoM.10, Jul 10, 2020
  2. freeboy Win User

admin password?

ok changed added admin password for d in safe mode!
    Ok, now this is weird: XP repair will not accept my new password! WTF?

freeboy, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 10, 2020
  4. In Safe Mode, forgot Admin password.

Forgot admin password

Hi,

Thank you for posing your response.

As you are in a state were your account is completely inaccessible, I suggest that you try to access in build admin account and check if you are able to access the desktop.

To access the in built administrator account follow the steps below

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

• As you are stuck min Safe Mode, in the sign-in
      screen, press and hold shift key and click on the
      power icon.
      Here click on Restart and then Restart now.
    • Type: net user administrator /active:yes (To enable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).
    • Then press ENTER.

Step 2: From Built-in Administrator account give Administrator rights to your user account:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Control Panel.
    • Click on User account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Click on your user account.
    • Click on reset the password.
    • Restart the computer and check if you are able to login.

Note: Once done exist the build in admin account by typing the command
    net user administrator /active:no

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

In Safe Mode, forgot Admin password.

1. In Safe Mode, forgot Admin password. - Similar Threads - Safe Mode forgot

2. Stuck in Safe Mode and Forgot Password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in Safe Mode and Forgot Password: Please help me, I'm stuck in Safe Mode and i dont know my account password, i cannot access command prompt because it requires password to the account submitted by /u/wanekaze [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows in safe mode but forgot admin password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows in safe mode but forgot admin password: Hi, As my system troubleshooting, I suppose to boot my Windows 10 in Safemode through msconfig, but my Admin password to log in is not accepting. Even I change new password to my account but windows in safe mode it's not updated. How to resolve the issue....
  4. Stuck at safe mode, forgot my password.

Stuck at safe mode, forgot my password.: So I logged on to safe mode just to delete this chinese file, in order to do this, I need to enter my email account's password. I entered my password and it doesn't work. I entered the password at a different device and it works. But now when I want to go back to normal mode,...
  5. Forgot password when booting into safe mode

Forgot password when booting into safe mode: I’m not going to tell you how it happened because then you will laugh and I cry. Title is explaining the situation. I have no internet, which means that my password is not changing when I changed it on my phone. HELP PLEASE SOMEONE. I WILL LOVE YOU. I WILL WORSHIP YOU. TILL...
  6. Stuck in safe mode, forgot password.

Stuck in safe mode, forgot password.: I wanted to uninstall some applications that were not getting uninstalled normally so I thought of doing it from safe mode. Only problem, I've been logging in using my PIN and have forgotten my password. And safe mode won't let me in without your password. Tried getting...
  7. Booted into safe mode, and forgot password

Booted into safe mode, and forgot password: I am a total dumbass. Somehow i forgot my ms password, and i booted into windows safe mode on MINIMAL. Am i fucked, or is there something i can do? Does ethernet work to change passwords? I know my older password, i shift clicked restart, went to cmd, and put my older...
  8. Changed password forgot it and Started safe mode

Changed password forgot it and Started safe mode: Good day to who it my concern! Pls sorry on my english, hope will write all understandable. Few time ago I added t****datelly recognised my product key fr**** was ok. Opened new Microsoft account for this PC, installed all updates and PC was working just fine. After few...
  9. Win 10 safe mode but forgot password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 safe mode but forgot password: I am stuck at the opening window of Safe Mode (windows 10) and I forgot my password. I used another device to create a new password but none is accepted by my machine? What can I do to recover the password at Safe Mode? Thank you!...
  10. stuck in safe mode login forgot password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    stuck in safe mode login forgot password: by mistake I pressed F8 which open my laptop on safe mode. I can't remember my password because I use pin to log in. The user account I use is a Microsoft Account, and it's an administrator account, I only have one user account on that laptop. i try to change my password but...