Windows 10: In safe mode, won’t accept my password, can’t uninstall program (AMD Overdrive) which puts...

Discus and support In safe mode, won’t accept my password, can’t uninstall program (AMD Overdrive) which puts... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I Downloaded this app called “AMD Overdrive” and when it said to restart my PC after installing it Gave me a Blue screen of Death with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jordyman114, Jan 12, 2020.

1. In safe mode, won’t accept my password, can’t uninstall program (AMD Overdrive) which puts...

So, I Downloaded this app called “AMD Overdrive” and when it said to restart my PC after installing it Gave me a Blue screen of Death with a “aoddriver2.sys failure” and crashed. I watched a video and read an article telling me to enter Safemode and delete the program or create a Restore Point, but I can’t do that because it requires an admin password, which I entered and it says incorrect! I don’t get it, because I’ve signed into my Microsoft account on a different computer using the same password and it accepted? I can’t do anything at the moment, and it’s upsetting because it won’t accept my Correct Password. Please help!

submitted by /u/Jordyman114
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jordyman114, Jan 12, 2020

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 12, 2020
  3. davidhk Win User
    Starting in Safe Mode - Password is not accepted

My suggestion only.

If you have time, please do a Repair Install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, Jan 12, 2020
  4. In safe mode, won’t accept my password, can’t uninstall program (AMD Overdrive) which puts...

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps. 

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen:

Step 1: Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.
    Step 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking
    or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work).
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    How to boot into Safe mode.

Run your computer in Safe mode and see if you still get that error message. If you are not getting that error message in safe mode then perform clean boot on your computer using the steps provided below. If you
    don't get that error message in safe mode then it means that some third party application is causing the problem.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the
      F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option Safe mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the
      Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with Networking and then press
      ENTER.

I would suggest you to force shutdown your system and then try to restart it again and check if you are able to login to safe boot.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.  

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

In safe mode, won’t accept my password, can’t uninstall program (AMD Overdrive) which puts...

1. In safe mode, won’t accept my password, can’t uninstall program (AMD Overdrive) which puts... - Similar Threads - safe mode won’t

2. Windows 10 Safe mode won’t accept my password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Safe mode won’t accept my password?: Hi, hope someone can help or point me in the right direction. I am trying to get into safe mode on my laptop but it asks for a password. I’m assuming it’s my Microsoft password which isn’t accepted. I can’t remember the first password I would have used on this laptop. Is...
  3. Windows 10 Safe mode won’t accept my password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Safe mode won’t accept my password?: Hi, hope someone can help or point me in the right direction. I am trying to get into safe mode on my laptop but it asks for a password. I’m assuming it’s my Microsoft password which isn’t accepted. I can’t remember the first password I would have used on this laptop. Is...
  4. Windows 10 Safe mode won’t accept my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Password won’t be accepted in safe mode

Password won’t be accepted in safe mode: I thought my computer may have a virus and a told me to restart in safe mode so i did and i put in my password but it wont accept it. I have tried everthing and read every article or fourm regarding this issue but none of them have worked. Please help, thanks...
  6. Safe Mode not accepting my password

Safe Mode not accepting my password: Hey, I started my PC in Safe Mode -minimal- to try and fix an issue I was having with my monitor. Once my computer restarted I was unable to login to my computer, I have tried old password, restarting in Safe Mode with Networking but nothing seems to be working....
  7. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode: I was having problems getting my password accepted in safe mode and could not connect to a network. One older forum suggested instead of going into safe mode try option #3, Enable Low resolution mode. Tried this and my login screen showed up on my other monitor. Was able to...
  8. in safe mode and it will not accept my password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    in safe mode and it will not accept my password: I have been try something from the microsoft web-site tellingme to try and run this office program ,so it told me to open the the computer up using the safe-mode whichi did, when it restarted it ask me for mypassword, which i put in, and all it said is incorrect password...
  9. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode: ***Modify title from: PC password error *** Hi Just restarted my computer on Safe Mode (trying to solve an internet connection problem) and my PC doesn't recognize my long time password. Can you help me? Thanks....
  10. Safe mode windows 10 won’t accept password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe mode windows 10 won’t accept password: in normal mode I use a 4 numeral password to enter windows. I entered safe mode. I had a request to enter a password and i entered the 4 digits. After repeated attempts it appeared that it might take yet the response came back stating incorrect password. Choosing an option...