Windows 10: In safemode password not respond

Discus and support In safemode password not respond in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I went to the safe mode by win+R , msconfig ,tab 2 ,safe mode , 1st option And now im stuck in the sign in screen and I try my password and it said... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SinaModarres, Oct 30, 2019.

1. In safemode password not respond

I went to the safe mode by win+R , msconfig ,tab 2 ,safe mode , 1st option

And now im stuck in the sign in screen and I try my password and it said it is incorrect !!

I know my password is correct because I signed in when I installed my windows to my MS account

any way now I don't know how to go back to normal boot and I tried anything.

My windows version is 1909

:)

SinaModarres, Oct 30, 2019
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Windows 10 Password problem in safemode

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages aside from password incorrect?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far, after being stuck in safemode sign in screen?
    • What are you trying to do when you enter safemode with networking through msconfig?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Oct 30, 2019
  3. safemode password

I was trying to get into safemode and it requires password...now I'm stuck here no matter what I try. I tried going into command prompt and system restore. all require that password. need help

Alex_Rivera, Oct 30, 2019
  4. In safemode password not respond

Windows not booting normally, only safemode and password not accepting to work in safemode

First of, I will provide complete information here so please read fully before providing suggestions so that no ones time is wasted by suggesting things that have already been tried.

Okay, as subject states, I am stuck at windows 10 64 bit safemode login ( with no password accepting so still at login screen) and no matter what I try, I cant get to normal login. (Hp envy 15 laptop with no networking port).

How did I get here?

I was trying to install a program or something when it asked me to boot to safemode and I accepted and now I am just stuck here.

What have been tried so far:

f8 key for boot option doesnt work.

Tried advanced startup to start in safemode with network by holding shifting and restart click but since laptop doesnt have network port so cant have internet connection with networking cable and wifi is not working so still safe mode is not accepting password.

Tried using cellphone with usb tethering mode to provide internet so that my microsoft password may be accepted but tethering connection doesnt work either.

Tried booting into command prompt or system recovery but that too asks for password and not accepting it.

I didnt have a local account ever since using laptop. So no local password exists and I have tried all the passwords that I could have used if there existed any local account but nothing was accepted.

Please help me without letting me reinstall my OS as it was preinstalled and I dont have seperate product key plus I cant start from the scratch.

Thanks

ShujjaHaider, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

In safemode password not respond

1. In safemode password not respond - Similar Threads - safemode password respond

2. Safemode triggers a forgotten admin password on reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safemode triggers a forgotten admin password on reboot: Hi,I just adjusted my msconfig to boot is safemode but in doing so on the reboot it asks me for a password that I can remember. This happened once before and I used the tips here to trigger repair menu, to get a command prompt and change out of safemode that way, but this...
  3. Safemode triggers a forgotten admin password on reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safemode triggers a forgotten admin password on reboot: Hi,I just adjusted my msconfig to boot is safemode but in doing so on the reboot it asks me for a password that I can remember. This happened once before and I used the tips here to trigger repair menu, to get a command prompt and change out of safemode that way, but this...
  4. Login password in safemode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login password in safemode: Hi all, Yesterday I had a keyboard error. Started the laptop in safe mode but was unaware that I would need to use my Microsoft password, rather than the usual login pin. I have no idea what that password is, I have tried everything I can think of but with no success. I...
  5. Safemode and password not working

Safemode and password not working: I put my laptop into safe mode while trying to run some checks it asks for my password which is incorrect apparently tried everything from ctrl and restart but keeps asking for my password before it takes another action, I have alot of music and photos which I'm not willing...
  6. Cannot exit safemode and forgot password

Cannot exit safemode and forgot password: Hello, So I went in for msconfid setting and upon restart it has gone into safe mode and I dont remember the password. I tried shift+restart and opted for safe mode with networking or safe mode with command prompt but nothing seemed to work Everything I do seems to...
  7. Safemode Password Incorrect - Even when changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safemode Password Incorrect - Even when changed: Hello helpers, This is started when safemode deleting drivers through DDU. When I first reset in safe mode I didn't know my password, had to work my way to repair - CMD and turn off safemode to log in normally using my Pin. I changed my password in settings, tried again...
  8. Forgot my password in safemode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forgot my password in safemode: Hi. I tried to reinstall my graphics drivers and rebooted accidentally to some safemode. I've allways used the pin to sign in but there's no option for that. No option for resetting password or anything. My pc doesent connect to internet even its through LAN. I changed my Ms...
  9. Booting into SafeMode with networking - No connection, Password Incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Booting into SafeMode with networking - No connection, Password Incorrect: I'm trying to boot into SafeMode to run DDU and fresh install my graphics drivers. However, when booting into safemode with networking and at the login/password sign on, I'm blocked out on logging into windows. Windows tells me my password is incorrect. Trying my pin and also...
  10. Windows not booting normally, only safemode and password not accepting to work in safemode

Windows not booting normally, only safemode and password not accepting to work in safemode: First of, I will provide complete information here so please read fully before providing suggestions so that no ones time is wasted by suggesting things that have already been tried. Okay, as subject states, I am stuck at windows 10 64 bit safemode login ( with no password...