Windows 10: In Search o Solutions to these Reinstall-Resistant Errors

Discus and support In Search o Solutions to these Reinstall-Resistant Errors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am new to windows 10 and would like to know whether my experience is a common one and, if so, what the best solution is to a problem like this. By... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by giotavanlar, Mar 27, 2020.

1. In Search o Solutions to these Reinstall-Resistant Errors

I am new to windows 10 and would like to know whether my experience is a common one and, if so, what the best solution is to a problem like this. By "this," I mean the manifestation of these problems at the same time

1. Greyed out apps. Inability to open Photos, Skype, and a few other apps. The majority, however, works fine,

2. Resetting the app does nothing. The apps continue nont to function

3. Microsoft Store is grayed-out too. All the steps to reset it failed. The path to the cache folder, when followed, shows that the cache folder itself is missing. Troubleshooter shows no problems.

4. Unable to install anything from outside the Store either. Attempts end with the Microsoft Store being called but not responding.

5. Powershell is missing. The app doesn't exist, and so solutions that involve the Powershell cannot be undertaken.

6. Safemode leads to empty screen. All the various "modes" of safemode, lead to a splash screen with a moveable mousecursor but missing the fields to enter the login credentials.

7. Factory-reset doesnt solve the problem. Erasing all personal files and software and reinstallirg the entire system using the various built-in utilities do not solve any of these problems. The same apps are grayed out, the same components are missing, the same functions fail, etc.

This laptop seems to have rid itself of the functions it doesn't want to perform, and then disabled the means by which these actions can be undone. Very weird.

Comments / Suggestions?

:)

giotavanlar, Mar 27, 2020

2. Can't update audio driver- Showing I/O device error

Hi Christa,

An I/O Device error can occur with different types of hardware devices or media, such as external hard drives, SD cards, SSD, USB flash drives or pen drives. For us to isolate the issue, we suggest that you run the hardware and devices troubleshooter by
    following these steps:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Type Troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View all.
    • Select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Next button and follow the on screen guide.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

In Search o Solutions to these Reinstall-Resistant Errors

Decompilation or Disassembly Prohibited?

I don't have any experience with that kind of error but searching on Internet it says the same thing you said.

That's another solution suggested too.

Knoxx29, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

In Search o Solutions to these Reinstall-Resistant Errors

1. In Search o Solutions to these Reinstall-Resistant Errors - Similar Threads - Search Solutions Reinstall

2. How can I reinstall Office 365 with I/O error 0xc000009c

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I reinstall Office 365 with I/O error 0xc000009c: I have an i/o status error of 0xc000009c in windows 10 when trying to reinstall Office 365 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reinstall-office-365-with-io-error/3ed52f62-f345-42a5-9c21-ba7d15a461e8
  3. Windows resisting fully

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows resisting fully: Hej i have problem with my Windows pre insider 11 I'm trying to completely reset it with reinstalling windows fully but it also stopped at 81% for now around 2.5 h what would you advice Piotr kind regards...
  4. Windows resisting fully

Windows resisting fully: Hej i have problem with my Windows pre insider 11 I'm trying to completely reset it with reinstalling windows fully but it also stopped at 81% for now around 2.5 h what would you advice Piotr kind regards...
  5. WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS / EXPLANATIONS TO THESE REINSTALL-RESISTANT ERRORS?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS / EXPLANATIONS TO THESE REINSTALL-RESISTANT ERRORS?: I am new to windows 10 and would like to know whether my experience is a common one and, if so, what the best solution is to a problem like this. By "this," I mean the manifestation of these problems at the same time Greyed out apps. Inability to open Photos, Skype, and a...
  6. Windows 10 search bar error solution

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search bar error solution: Dear Users, Recently the search bar error occurred to many users and even Microsoft didn't able to provide solution. Even Microsoft own "Fix problems in Windows Search" article isn't working for some users. But this video worked for me. https://youtu.be/jFna6BaZRUc Just...
  7. reinstall/in place upgrade only solution?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstall/in place upgrade only solution?: have a win10 machine that has been running un-updated 1607 fine for a year, but now it has started crashing if it's left unattended for a long time. coming back to it, it either shows black screen with the mouse pointer, or a log-on screen that doesn't display the desktop...
  8. Resistant VCruntime140 Error Windows 10S

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resistant VCruntime140 Error Windows 10S: Hi I wonder if anyone can help me with this error, I have read the previous VCruntime140 threads but still my problem persists. Essentially I get an error message that the VCRuntime140.dll file is missing when I try to use RD web access to get into a particular piece of...
  9. I/O error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I/O error: After window 10 auto undated. Samsung SCX-3405FW scanner is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/io-error/55d65e0f-9404-4cd6-bce6-09c3f2363377
  10. Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account

Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account: First off, thanks in advance for any help offered. My new ASUS laptop came with Windows 10, so this is not an upgrade install, but an OEM purchase, and therefore not a pre-release build. My problem is this: I accidentally uninstalled the Mail/Calendar app that comes with...