Windows 10: In Search Of OneNote Replacement

Discus and support In Search Of OneNote Replacement in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use OneNote Version 16001.11231.20118.0 from MS Office 365. Every time I send it data copied from a webpage or my notes, OneNote in the MS Cloud... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RetiredEngineer, Jan 30, 2019.

1. In Search Of OneNote Replacement

I use OneNote Version 16001.11231.20118.0 from MS Office 365. Every time I send it data copied from a webpage or my notes, OneNote in the MS Cloud sucks up the added data, even though I have OneNote disconnected from it.

Bad idea, since I have a huge library of text-indexed .ONE clippings which I want to store LOCALLY and NOT in Microsoft's expensive Cloud.

Can anyone direct me to a OneNote equivalent which leaves all data on my desktop PC?

Thanks.

noffkehw
    In Search Of OneNote Replacement At-sign.png
    hotmail.com

:)

RetiredEngineer, Jan 30, 2019

2. Onenote - search function quit working.

Hi,

Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

Is this specific to OneNote or the same persists with word?

I suggest you to try performing Windows app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    tagging and searching tags in OneNote for Windows 10

Hello cameronGT,

Adding a tag and searching it is available when using the OneNote desktop app. You can check the following articles below for more information about your concern:

Let us know if you are using a different version of OneNote for us to provide you the applicable steps if needed.

We are looking forward to your response.

Ma. Lau, Jan 30, 2019
  4. In Search Of OneNote Replacement

I like OneNote on WP7, but there is no search!?

Hi everybody,

I like OneNote and the ability so sync with Office 2010 OneNote using SkyDrive!

But I'm surprised to see that there is no search in WP7

Have I missed something?

Thankx

Johnny

Johnnyderskeptiker, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

In Search Of OneNote Replacement

1. In Search Of OneNote Replacement - Similar Threads - Search OneNote Replacement

2. Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search

in Cortana
    Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search: In Explorer when you want to look for something, it uses Windows Search which is very slow. I've looked at Everything Search and Anytxt Search which are faster but are not integrated into Explorer. Is there any way I can force explorer to use their search instead and show the...
  3. Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search: In Explorer when you want to look for something, it uses Windows Search which is very slow. I've looked at Everything Search and Anytxt Search which are faster but are not integrated into Explorer. Is there any way I can force explorer to use their search instead and show the...
  4. Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Replace Search icon with Search box issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Replace Search icon with Search box issue: Hello, I have this problem with my lenovo yoga, where I have the search icon in my taskbar, but I want the search box to replace the icon, I have tried to right click the taskbar and look for "properties" to access "Access Taskbar and Start Menu Properties", but I don't have...
  6. OneNote not indexing words searched

OneNote not indexing words searched: My first few pages in OneNote were able to be indexed, when I search a specific word they would be highlighted Now, majority of my OneNote pages do not show up when I search for words that are clearly in them. The pages are PDF print outs and if I type notes onto them,...
  7. Search and Replace in Windows Explorer

Search and Replace in Windows Explorer: I have a folder with some 200 books in .txt format. About 40 of the titles begin with the word 'the', ex. The Plague, The Four Horsemen, etc. I was wondering if in Windows Explorer there is some way I can remove all instances of the initial 'the' in one fell swoop; something...
  8. Onenote UWP on Win10 (Version 16001.11231.20118.0) Search is Slow (minutes) and Onenote...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Onenote UWP on Win10 (Version 16001.11231.20118.0) Search is Slow (minutes) and Onenote...: This started happening after Onenote 10 updated this morning on my Surface Pro 4. Before the update, search was fast and my life was just perfect! My current release is Version 16001.11231.20118.0 After the update ... Search averages 30-60 seconds on same search...
  9. Bing Image Search + OneNote & OneNote Online Spell Check update

in Windows 10 News
    Bing Image Search + OneNote & OneNote Online Spell Check update: We on the OneNote team are always working to improve our experiences and provide more to our customers. From big release to small updates and enhancements we are always listening to your feedback. In today’s post we wanted to introduce you to a couple recent updates: Clip to...
  10. OneNote for Windows 10 will replace OneNote 2016

in Windows 10 News
    OneNote for Windows 10 will replace OneNote 2016: Still OneNote desktop for me. I'd miss things like the ability to Paste with or without formatting (and this is controllable by keyboard shortcuts - Alt-H-V-T anyone?) and I like the integration with the rest of Office (eg. the ability to mark some OneNote text as an...