Windows 10: In Settings->Devices the Names of all devices shown as a series of 21 rectangles

Discus and support In Settings->Devices the Names of all devices shown as a series of 21 rectangles in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; - If I left mouse button click on one of the lines, I scroll down and see the options for that device, such as Open Queue, Manage, or Remove Device, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dave 2.0, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Dave 2.0 Win User

In Settings->Devices the Names of all devices shown as a series of 21 rectangles

- If I left mouse button click on one of the lines, I scroll down and see the options for that device, such as Open Queue, Manage, or Remove Device, in the case of a printer.

Ran the following commands as Administrator in Windows PowerShell:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.18970.1001
    Image Version: 10.0.18970.1005
    [==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> sfc /scannow
    Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
    Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Also: Added another user to the system. That user sees the same device name corruption.

:)

Dave 2.0, Oct 26, 2019
  2. mike047 Win User

Changing device names and deleting devices

You can't delete "retired" machines....there is some kind of "paper" trail they keep and the "old" devices are kept in archive.

I think???you can change machine names by doing so in windows "computer name" and then it might change[can't remember for sure] if it doesn't do so...detach and do a remove/re install and it should change.

mike047, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Paulieg Win User
    Changing device names and deleting devices

I'm trying to find how to change device names and delete "retired" machines on the WCG "my grid" page. Anyone know?

Paulieg, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

In Settings->Devices the Names of all devices shown as a series of 21 rectangles

Bluetooth device is shown as not present.

Hello Dominika,

Thank you for getting back to us. Since the issue still persists after following the steps on the article above, we'd like to know more. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you checked whether the Bluetooth device is listed under hidden devices in Device manager?
    • What is the make and model of your Bluetooth device?
    • Can you tell us the specific bluetooth devices that you're using on your Windows 10?
    • Have you checked whether the Bluetooth driver is listed under installed programs under Programs and features?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check if the Bluetooth services is enabled by following the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard, type services.msc and press OK.
    • Right click on Bluetooth Support service and select
      Restart.

• Right click on Bluetooth support service and select Properties
      and check if the startup type is Automatic.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. In Settings->Devices the Names of all devices shown as a series of 21 rectangles - Similar Threads - Settings >Devices Names

2. USB device not shown in Device and dives under This PC , Shown in Device and printers but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not shown in Device and dives under This PC , Shown in Device and printers but...: When i connect the USB drive to the USB port the details of USB not shown in the File explore or in 'This PC', but it is shown in Device and printers But cannot get access to the files inside the USBneed a help to recover the files inside USB...
  3. USB device not shown in Device and dives under This PC , Shown in Device and printers but...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB device not shown in Device and dives under This PC , Shown in Device and printers but...: When i connect the USB drive to the USB port the details of USB not shown in the File explore or in 'This PC', but it is shown in Device and printers But cannot get access to the files inside the USBneed a help to recover the files inside USB...
  4. USB device not shown in Device and dives under This PC , Shown in Device and printers but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Sound Devices shown as "Not Plugged in"

Sound Devices shown as "Not Plugged in": I have gone through the forums and tried many solutions, but nothing has worked.A few days ago my audio worked fine, but now it's impossible for my computer to detect any output device with the exception of my two monitors. When I open Sound Devices this is what I seeI have...
  6. Device name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device name: To all,The name of my brand new Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 raised a question to me. The default name as I discovered it is: FIIR8BS.Why is this the name of my laptop and what does it mean? I searched the internet for this name but I can't come up with a logical reason for...
  7. dedicated gpu shown on device manager but not on graphics settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dedicated gpu shown on device manager but not on graphics settings: Hi, I've been trying to force windows to use my dedicated gpu on Minecraft through graphic settings however it only detects the integrated intel gpu for all options including high-performance. I don't think it is a gpu problem since when I run other games like Valorant, it is...
  8. Storage device names: FileSystem names vs BIOS names vs Settings->Devices names?

Storage device names: FileSystem names vs BIOS names vs Settings->Devices names?: The hardware storage devices on my computer have three names: File Explorer program gives them a name; during boot-up the BIOS program gives them a name; when I purchased them the hardware manufacturer gave them a name. I am utterly unable to equate these names, so that I...
  9. Headset not shown in device manager

Headset not shown in device manager: I was using my headset for quite some time till suddenly is vanished from my sound options for any software. After checking device manager i could not find the headset. Replugging and restarting didn't help. Windows does not seem to recognize the headset anymore. The...
  10. Synaptics Device Settings not shown in mouse properties

Synaptics Device Settings not shown in mouse properties: I've noticed that the Synaptics Device Settings are missing from my Touchpad settings. There are a number of settings in that category such as two finger scrolling and reverse scrolling. Driver is updated. How can I get the Synaptics Device Settings restored? Thanks for...