Windows 10: in settings my WIFI protocol show 'unknown'. How can I determine what it is?

Discus and support in settings my WIFI protocol show 'unknown'. How can I determine what it is? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Haw can I determine WIFI protocol on my Laptop. Dell Ispiron 15. Settings show unknown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StanAchey, Jan 16, 2021.

1. StanAchey Win User

in settings my WIFI protocol show 'unknown'. How can I determine what it is?

Haw can I determine WIFI protocol on my Laptop. Dell Ispiron 15. Settings show unknown

:)

StanAchey, Jan 16, 2021
  2. robertoe Win User

unknown protocols

i used a program and it removed the 2 random protocols or it was a cmd command idk which one of those two worked.i can type here the c md if anyone needs it

as i said before i fixed it.

robertoe, Jan 16, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    unknown protocols

@robertoe... Well, without to much info given, I would start by...

1. Check your connections to other sources and see if the problems persists. Run pings and trace routes to other servers... such as google, your ISP, etc.
    2. Reset your router
    3. Try a different DNS service
    4. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your WiFi or Ethernet
    5. Check your router, ethernet or wifi device settings, power options settings for those devices, firewall settings, etc.
    6. If on wifi, make sure you have a good signal.
    7. Check with the server operators/services support to see if they have any suggestions.

You may want to provide some more info... such as your OS, which games, the equipment you are using, your ISP, Wifi or wired connection, and etc.
    Your problem could anywhere or anything. Without more info, it is a guessing game...

95Viper, Jan 16, 2021
  4. robertoe Win User

unknown protocols

protocolos desconocidos recibidos it means unknown protocols recived it seems that is causing me to have lag spikes in games from 30 ping it goes suddenly to 200 and it says connection lost... and then goes back again and i can keep playing.it happens over and over.is there a way to remove those protocols?if i need to run cmd scans let me know and thanks everyone who answer.

Edit:i just Fixed it

robertoe, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

1. in settings my WIFI protocol show 'unknown'. How can I determine what it is? - Similar Threads - settings WIFI protocol

2. How can you determinate how much minimum left space in your Windows OS to show what i wrote...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can you determinate how much minimum left space in your Windows OS to show what i wrote...: you have low OS storage device space depending on your pc specifications in a Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 latest updated until 30/04/2023 15:59 pm UTC -5 Bogota Hour Zone Time ?...
  3. How can you determinate how much minimum left space in your Windows OS to show what i wrote...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can you determinate how much minimum left space in your Windows OS to show what i wrote...: you have low OS storage device space depending on your pc specifications in a Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 latest updated until 30/04/2023 15:59 pm UTC -5 Bogota Hour Zone Time ?...
  4. Can anyone help determine what this means?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can anyone help determine what this means?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrHalo_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3k1iu/can_anyone_help_determine_what_this_means/
  5. How can I determine if the software installed on my computer is genuine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I determine if the software installed on my computer is genuine: Newly purchased HP company production of integrated computermodel: HP All in One 24-F0XX, the computer has installed Windows 10 homeChinese version system. The computer body has a Microsoft trademark laserdefense label, Ifitcan prove that the system software installed on this...
  6. How Can I Determine Why Upgrades Faail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Can I Determine Why Upgrades Faail: Hi. I'm currently running Win10 v1909 (OS Build 18363.959). For many months now, when I check for updates, there's a message stating one is available. So I go through the long download/install and get to "restart required." I do the restart and notice it seems to try a few...
  7. How can I change what it shows on my Desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change what it shows on my Desktop?: I got a new icon pack and changed the icons on my folders. The folders present under D:\Desktop\Public Desktop are what I changed. It shows the directory of D:/ as the desktop. How can I change this to show the previous directory? submitted by /u/I_Am_Unpredictable...
  8. Can not determine what version of excel I have

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can not determine what version of excel I have: ver 2003 12624.20382 I can not find a direct answer to this. THis can not be ver 2003 I am familuate with office 2007 or office 2010 or office 2016 but I have no idea what build 12624.20382 this information is not useful to me. I have no idea what version my office is. I...
  9. Protocol numbers? -- setting in Windows Firewall -- What are they?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protocol numbers? -- setting in Windows Firewall -- What are they?: In Windows Firewall 'Outbound Rules', 'Thunderbird Properties', _/Protocols and Ports\_, 'Protocol type: [Custom]' & 'Protocol number: [?]': What are the Protocol numbers for SMTP & POP? for SMTPv2? for SMTPv3? for POP3? (...Actually, I didn't know there was such a thing as...
  10. How can I determine what Tech Preview build I have?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I determine what Tech Preview build I have?: I am on the Fast update ring, but I have no idea which build I actually have. The Settings and Recovery app says I am up to date, but gives no info on the build. The Control Panel only says I'm running Windows 10 Technical Preview 64-bit. When I boot up my Dell XPS, I see...