Windows 10: In settings, What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps...

Discus and support In settings, What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In settings, What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows features" limit? Does it limit or does it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/happypuppy100, Oct 4, 2020.

1. In settings, What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps...

In settings, What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows features" limit?

Does it limit or does it prevent data?

What exact things is it limiting?

What Windows features exactly is this talking about?

submitted by /u/happypuppy100
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/happypuppy100, Oct 4, 2020
  2. snap Win User

Restrict Background Data - Settings Button Broken?

I have a Lenovo T450s with a 4G card and a data plan through T-Mobile. Since I pay per GB, I'd like to limit data usage.

Under Settings->Network and Internet->Data Usage->Edit, there is a "Restrict Background Data" with the option Always, When I'm Near My Limit, and Never.

I changed this to "Always", close the settings, and reopened the settings.

It always switches back to "Never".

Why can't I change this?

In settings, What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps... [​IMG]

PS - I'd really like to easily control what software can talk to the internet. I opened Atom text editor and it auto downloaded a 160MB update. Someone uploaded files to a shared Google Drive folder and it downloaded 500MB of files.

snap, Oct 4, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Restrict Background Data - Settings Button Broken?

Hi, To control per program access to the internet, you need a good firewall, perhaps a commercial one.

Here's what Comodo says (random choice of supplier), but in this list:
    Best Free Firewall Protection | Gizmo's FreewareHow does a firewall help out?

A good personal firewall will

• Block all unauthorized inbound or outbound connection attempts on your computer
    • Allow you to specify exactly which programs are permitted to access the internet
    • Stealth the ports on your computer so hackers cannot locate and attack you
    • Let you specify parental controls to filter out inappropriate websites
    • Maintain detailed activity and connection logs so you can troubleshoot issues
    • Isolate your internet browser in a virtual container so online threats cannot access your private data

You may already have set this.. if not, it may be relevant (uploading updates to others):

In settings, What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps... [​IMG]

Data Usage->Edit - I don't have that setting, perhaps 'cos I've not set something to specify I've a data limit or it's not a mobile device.

dalchina, Oct 4, 2020
  4. In settings, What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps...

restrict background data

I have a Lumia 640XL LTE Windows phones. I cannot get "restrict background data" "always" to stay on. Also "restrict background data while roaming will not stay on as well. Why not?

JoanneBirce, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

In settings, What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps...

1. In settings, What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps... - Similar Threads - settings exact data

2. What is the default data limit on Win 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the default data limit on Win 10?: I was having issues with my upload speed, read something about changing the data usage so I changed it to unlimited, I still an having serious issues with everything but want to set the data limit at what it originally was, but don't remember. I'm not even sure what the limit...
  3. What is the default data limit on Win 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the default data limit on Win 10?: I was having issues with my upload speed, read something about changing the data usage so I changed it to unlimited, I still an having serious issues with everything but want to set the data limit at what it originally was, but don't remember. I'm not even sure what the limit...
  4. What is the default data limit on Win 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Data hog. What, exactly, is it loading?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data hog. What, exactly, is it loading?: What do I have to do to prevent this pig of a system to NOT download 10Mb every ten minutes when I'm on a chat board? I don't game, I don't watch videos, I go to chat boards. I've blocked as much spyware as I can and the pig is eating up my 6Gb allowance where on W8.1, it...
  6. Data hog. What, exactly, is it loading?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data hog. What, exactly, is it loading?: What do I have to do to prevent this pig of a system to NOT download 10Mb every ten minutes when I'm on a chat board? I don't game, I don't watch videos, I go to chat boards. I've blocked as much spyware as I can and the pig is eating up my 6Gb allowance where on W8.1, it...
  7. What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows...: What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows features" limit? Does it limit or does it prevent data? What exact things is it limiting? What Windows features exactly is this talking about? submitted by /u/happypuppy100 [link]...
  8. Set cellular data limit

Set cellular data limit: I've found multiple articles on how to set the cellular data limit within Windows using the GUI but none on how I do it with command line so I can push it out to multiple machines. I have found how to use netsh to make sure the interface is marked as a metered connection,...
  9. Best setting? Limit what store apps and windows features can do in the background.

Best setting? Limit what store apps and windows features can do in the background.: What is the best setting? Limit what store apps and windows features can do in the background. Always or never? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-setting-limit-what-store-apps-and-windows/dfbbce9e-59c5-487c-b80c-a8d5b870fada
  10. Restrict Background Data - Settings Button Broken?

Restrict Background Data - Settings Button Broken?: I have a Lenovo T450s with a 4G card and a data plan through T-Mobile. Since I pay per GB, I'd like to limit data usage. Under Settings->Network and Internet->Data Usage->Edit, there is a "Restrict Background Data" with the option Always, When I'm Near My Limit, and Never....