Windows 10: In shutting off the computer every night, it tells me that...

Discus and support In shutting off the computer every night, it tells me that... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every night this month, when I go to shut the computer down, it gives me an error message, "MicrosoftWindowsLanguageComponentsInstallerInstallation" is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Brent198, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Brent198 Win User

In shutting off the computer every night, it tells me that...

Every night this month, when I go to shut the computer down, it gives me an error message, "MicrosoftWindowsLanguageComponentsInstallerInstallation" is still working. How do I get this thing off of here? Thank you. Windows 10. Have tried to search for Tasks, start, task manager, even in the system with no luck.

:)

Brent198, Jun 7, 2020
  2. xarzu Win User

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Jun 7, 2020
  3. shutting down computer at night

Hi,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue. However, I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue in order to provide
    you with better assistance.

• Are you getting any error message/code while turning on your computer?
    • Is it still stuck at starting screen or you are able to boot the computer to the desktop?
    • Have you installed Windows 10 recently?

If you are able to boot the computer and able to reach desktop screen then try to follow the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Method 1

Try to run Power Troubleshooter which is built troubleshooter and you may follow the steps mentioned below to run it.

1. Press the
    Windows key and X at the same time.

2. Now click on
    Control panel.

3. In the
    search box of Control Panel type Troubleshooter, and select
    troubleshooting among the list.

4. Under
    System and Security, click Improve power usage.

5. Now try to run the
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Note: If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Method 2

If issue persists I would suggest you to Reset and restore the power plans to default.

1. Press
    Windows key and X at the same time.

2. Choose
    Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.

3. In the command prompt, type
    powercfg –restoredefaultschemes and hit Enter.

4. Exit
    command prompt.

Note: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans would be removed.

Method 3:

If that does not help, delete the power plan and create a new power plan and check.

Please follow these steps to change the power plans:

a) Press Windows
    Key
    +X key together.

b) Select Control Panel. Select
    Power Option.

c) From the left hand side panel select Create
    a Power Plan

You can refer to the following link.

Power plans: Frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-is/windows-8/power-plans-faq

Note: The article is for Windows 8/8.1 but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 7, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Computer Shuts Down

Hi Austin,

If your computer shuts down unexpectedly when the battery is at 50%, it is possible that the battery is defective or that the drivers of the battery is incompatible with Windows 10 version 1709. For us to isolate the issue about shutting down when the battery
    is at 50%, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Is your computer new? Or, is it an old computer upgraded to Windows 10?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you checked if the driver for your battery is updated? If not, kindly do so.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

1. In shutting off the computer every night, it tells me that... - Similar Threads - shutting off computer

2. Computer rebooting every night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer rebooting every night: In the event viewer I find this...The process wininit.exe 127.0.0.1 has initiated the restart of computer HEATHER on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Legacy API shutdown Reason Code: 0x80070000 Shutdown Type: restart Comment: Details ------------...
  3. Computer rebooting every night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer rebooting every night: In the event viewer I find this...The process wininit.exe 127.0.0.1 has initiated the restart of computer HEATHER on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Legacy API shutdown Reason Code: 0x80070000 Shutdown Type: restart Comment: Details ------------...
  4. My computer restarts every night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer restarts every night: I leave my computer on in the night but every morning I always wake up to it set on the lock screen. When I open it all of the tabs I had closed. I tried going to power in settings and change stuff but it doesn't work....
  5. Windows 10 Is Shutting Down Every Night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Is Shutting Down Every Night: Most unfortunately, this usually but not always happens when my backup is running, between 21:00 and 23:00. This is what I see each time in the Windows System event log:The process id_service.exe has initiated the shutdown of computer OMEN875 on behalf of user NT...
  6. Windows 10 Is Shutting Down Every Night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Is Shutting Down Every Night: Most unfortunately, this usually but not always happens when my backup is running, between 21:00 and 23:00. This is what I see each time in the Windows System event log:The process id_service.exe has initiated the shutdown of computer OMEN875 on behalf of user NT...
  7. Windows 10 Is Shutting Down Every Night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer always logs me off at the same time every night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer always logs me off at the same time every night: hello,for some reason, every light at 11 pm, if I am logged on to my account when the clock strikes 11:00 PM, the computer logs me off. I can simply log back in again and start up all my programs again, and it works fine, but it is especially annoying as I am often playing...
  9. Night light off after the display shuts off and reactivates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light off after the display shuts off and reactivates: Same problem as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/nightlight-not-restored-after-screen-saver-pause/170dd2b7-00ba-440a-b7ff-fcc8d9d90c69 Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 installed on ‎30.‎12.‎2020 Build...
  10. Computer shuts down at about the same time every night

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer shuts down at about the same time every night: Ever since one of the Windows 10 updates loaded on my computer over 12months ago my computer freezes and restarts at about the same time every night. It is extremely frustrating as I loose every thing I am working on. I have reviewed heaps of forums and changed all the...