Windows 10: In start recently added items not uninstall.

Discus and support In start recently added items not uninstall. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Several recently added software can not be uninstalled, moved. Caption says to try again in a few minutes, resulting with not removing selected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bairn_966, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Bairn_966 Win User

In start recently added items not uninstall.

Several recently added software can not be uninstalled, moved. Caption says to try again in a few minutes, resulting with not removing selected software.

:)

Bairn_966, Dec 2, 2018

2. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

In start recently added items not uninstall. :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Dec 2, 2018
  3. ejmw Win User
    Start menu "recent items"

Hi,

I have "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" set to Off (in the Personalization -> Start section of PC seetings), but recently opened items still appear.

If I turn the setting "On, and then "Off" again, it clears the lists. But ultimately, the lists reappear again even with the setting turned "Off".

What can be done about this?

ejmw, Dec 2, 2018
  4. In start recently added items not uninstall.

Recent items not showing in quick access or start list

Hi there,

I've only just upgraded to windows 10, so still getting to grips. I have the recent items option enabled in both the quick access panel and jump lists, but they're appearing in neither. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks

pennywhistle, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

In start recently added items not uninstall.

1. In start recently added items not uninstall. - Similar Threads - start recently added

2. Is it possible to show recent items as a list in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to show recent items as a list in start menu?: The same way recently added items are shown (or any other way that isnt just a shortcut)? I have the same question for the left pane in file explorer. Is it possible to show a list like quick acess with only recent items? I know quick access can show them too. Im just...
  3. See Recent Items and Customize Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    See Recent Items and Customize Start Menu: I would like set my Win10 PC up similar to the way I have Windows 7 setup. I would like to see "Recent Items" and "Administrative Tools" on the Start Menu. Is there anyway to customize the start menu? 135642
  4. Start menu "recent items"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu "recent items": Hi, I have "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" set to Off (in the Personalization -> Start section of PC seetings), but recently opened items still appear. If I turn the setting "On, and then "Off" again, it clears the lists. But ultimately,...
  5. Adding Start Menu items to existing user profiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Start Menu items to existing user profiles: Here's my current scenario... I have windows 10 1709 deployed to my organization via MDT. As part of the MDT deployment process I have implemented a specific start menu using the Import-StartLayout method in my task sequence. This has worked great and all my shortcuts...
  6. Item still in start menu after uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Item still in start menu after uninstall: Well I uninstalled a few programs and most of them have no traces left... one however is still listed under the letter sorted part of the start menu. No clue how to remove it as it's not installed and none of the files from it are left... Edit: You know those blonde...
  7. How to remove/or uninstall "Recent Items" in the windows 10 menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove/or uninstall "Recent Items" in the windows 10 menu: Hello everyone! When the windows menu pops up,when i hit the windows icon, coming down the list, you've got, documents, pictures,games, then "recent items", aside from opening a guest account, how can i alter that item, so other people viewing my computer, can see content...
  8. Adding recent items to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding recent items to start menu: Hi, Does anyone know where I can find the settings for the Start menu of Windows X? I forgot where it is. I managed to put a link of the download folder in the start menu. Forgot how I did that in the first place. Thanks. 16448
  9. Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?: Alright, so in Windows 10 there is the option in Settings under Personalization > Start called "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar". Enabling this turns on Recent Items on programs in the Start menu and on the right-click menu on programs on the...
  10. Recent items not showing in quick access or start list

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items not showing in quick access or start list: Hi there, I've only just upgraded to windows 10, so still getting to grips. I have the recent items option enabled in both the quick access panel and jump lists, but they're appearing in neither. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks 31689