Windows 10: In startup menu there are items to delete, want to delete them

Discus and support In startup menu there are items to delete, want to delete them in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Delete items in startup menu bar Example minted is there,,,,,,,,why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by P STYMELSKI, May 7, 2020.

1. In startup menu there are items to delete, want to delete them

Delete items in startup menu bar

Example minted is there,,,,,,,,why?

:)

P STYMELSKI, May 7, 2020
  2. Jenesis Win User

Vista - Weird error trying to delete Start Menu item

I'm trying to delete an unneeded folder from the Start Menu. I right-click and then "Explore", navigate to "Programs", select the folder and press delete.

It won't let me delete the folder! (It is an empty folder.) The error that comes up is:

The thing is, the folder IS there. I'm sitting here looking at it. Why is Windows telling me it doesn't exist, and more importantly, how can I finally delete this useless empty folder which is cluttering up my Start Menu?

Jenesis, May 7, 2020
  3. 180sx Win User
    Vista - Weird error trying to delete Start Menu item

Hey mate (yes im from australia)

I had this problem just before and fixed it pretty easily.
    Have to use the good old command prompt and delete from there.
    Windows is just gettin shitter and shitter isnt it. might go back to DOS soon lol

Steps> CMD in run > go to the folder (start menu folder) > type: DEL (watever the filename is) and if it says from filename put in the shortname eg. 034Michael short would maybe be 034Mich~l or sumthing like that.

THIS WILL WORK, THIS HAS HAPPEN TO ME 4 TIMES NOW LOL fukin vista!!*Bang Head :banghead:

180sx, May 7, 2020
  4. jimbo45 Win User

In startup menu there are items to delete, want to delete them

Outlook 2007 Deleted items

Hi there

@Take a guess

on IMAP if you set in the config operations for each account you have the problems with -- Root Folder -->INBOX there should then be a deleted items folder. Restart outlook and when you delete items they should then go to the deleted items folder. Use Empty folder to purge the email.

Outlook 2007 and 2010 will work the same

Step 1 in account config -->change-->advanced choose the last tab and then enter INBOX (in English should be Root Folder in the menu)

In startup menu there are items to delete, want to delete them [​IMG]

Step 2 now do New folder on tab 3 and create Deleted Items on the server for the account

In startup menu there are items to delete, want to delete them [​IMG]

Step 3 move mouse to newly created folder for deleted items - your deleted items should now go into that folder after you restart Outlook. You might have to move the underlined mail etc first and then purge.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 7, 2020
Thema:

In startup menu there are items to delete, want to delete them

1. In startup menu there are items to delete, want to delete them - Similar Threads - startup menu are

2. Can't delete menu items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete menu items: Having just got a new PC with W.11 I find there are several items in the Start menu that I will have no use for e.g. Booking.com etc & I'd like to remove them.When I right click on the item it shows an Uninstall option some items don't even give that but it only takes me to a...
  3. Can't delete menu items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete menu items: Having just got a new PC with W.11 I find there are several items in the Start menu that I will have no use for e.g. Booking.com etc & I'd like to remove them.When I right click on the item it shows an Uninstall option some items don't even give that but it only takes me to a...
  4. Recover deleted items

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Recover deleted items: Is there any way to recover deleted items from Outlook 365? 161733
  5. Deleted Items Remaining in Start Menu

Deleted Items Remaining in Start Menu: I have noticed some folders in Start Menu of programmes long deleted, but cannot remove them. Any ideas of how to clean up Start Menu? I found one particular folder of a programme I deleted maybe 5-8 years ago?? Win 19308.1202 155168
  6. Recovery of deleted items

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery of deleted items: Hi, Why deleted items from a thumb drive do not appear in the recycle bin in windows 10? And how can I enable this feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-of-deleted-items/af148e31-ea58-444d-b9de-879db3d874f5
  7. Deleted Items Folder.

Deleted Items Folder.: I have 4 Hotmail accounts signed in via the W.10 mail app. All were working fine. Now I find the 1st account I added has many emails going direct to Deleted items folder. I want these emails delivered direct to my Inbox folder. How do I correct the issue ? Thanks....
  8. items deleting automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    items deleting automatically: hello everyone... my issue is that everytime i click on a song or file it gets deleted or moved to recycle bin? what i should do now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/items-deleting-automatically/2a7a6876-6b9c-4b68-9a6b-faf1a2140ab1"
  9. Deleting unwanted items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting unwanted items: When I open up I have a lot of unwanted items along the top. Dragging to the recycling bin does not work. These are not APPS they are topics I looked at some years ago....
  10. Delete items from the Start Menu / All Apps that you do not want

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete items from the Start Menu / All Apps that you do not want: On my Start Menu, the All Apps doesn't always include the items I want (I solved that problem) but MS added a bunch of garbage/stuff that I do not want. If I want them, I'll add them myself. I don't need all the clutter. Examples are Java; Get Office; Calculator; Get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove item from startup menu