Windows 10: In System Protection, how much space should be allotted to Drives for Restoration of Files,...

Discus and support In System Protection, how much space should be allotted to Drives for Restoration of Files,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/n2d0ldtpc0051.png?width=413&format=png&auto=webp&s=c237c1c0d946899e13de94514e9165564ec4cec6 I have a Drive of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kenji_2322, May 20, 2020.

1. System Protection - Restore "drive"

In system protection, it shows 2 drives in the list. One of them being C: the other being Restore with a folder icon.

It was the Restore "drive" that I enabled it on and then disabled it; which is when I received the warning of deleting the restore points and the amount of space being used was cleared from 5G to zero when I disabled it.

weaver2014, May 20, 2020
  2. JimWynne Win User
    System Restore

It's because of the disk space allotted to System Restore. As new restore points are created and the allotted disk space is exceeded, the oldest ones will be deleted. You can control the amount of space that System Restore is allowed to use. Windows
    key + x, then select Control Panel, then System. Click on System Protection at the upper left, then in the ensuing window, click on Configure.

In System Protection, how much space should be allotted to Drives for Restoration of Files,... a16626d8-63e6-4b20-9e80-8609e933a01c.png

JimWynne, May 20, 2020
  3. In System Protection, how much space should be allotted to Drives for Restoration of Files,...

System Restore

I am trying to back date this computer because I have started getting an error "element not found", when ever I try to open photos, documents, and just about anything else. This started occurring around October 7th...I have tried numerous suggestions, so I
    thought if I restore it back to September I should not have this happen anymore. Any other suggestions?

WayneChristian_872, May 20, 2020
Thema:

In System Protection, how much space should be allotted to Drives for Restoration of Files,...

1. In System Protection, how much space should be allotted to Drives for Restoration of Files,... - Similar Threads - System Protection much

2. How much space / what percentage should I dedicate to System Restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How much space / what percentage should I dedicate to System Restore?: I have a new Acer Windows 11 1TB Laptop...but I'm sure that I'm giving too much space to system restore.It's currently set at 10% which is 95GB, but I can't find an answer to what would be best. There are so many conflicting answers, but none of them seem informed :-/Can...
  3. How much space / what percentage should I dedicate to System Restore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How much space / what percentage should I dedicate to System Restore?: I have a new Acer Windows 11 1TB Laptop...but I'm sure that I'm giving too much space to system restore.It's currently set at 10% which is 95GB, but I can't find an answer to what would be best. There are so many conflicting answers, but none of them seem informed :-/Can...
  4. How long should system restore be?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long should system restore be?: I’m on my laptop and I’ve tried restoring it to a restore point. From what I’ve read it should take 20-45 minutes but my one has taken an hour and still hasn’t finished and if this isn’t supposed to happen how do I fix it....
  5. How long should system restore be?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long should system restore be?: I’m on my laptop and I’ve tried restoring it to a restore point. From what I’ve read it should take 20-45 minutes but my one has taken an hour and still hasn’t finished and if this isn’t supposed to happen how do I fix it....
  6. system files taking so much space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    system files taking so much space: so my ssd is 128GB and it was only like 7GB full at first, then i download a game which is 67GB i have over 110GB free and then system files just takes up like 52GB therfore i cant even finish installing th last 10% of the game, anyone know a fix or the reason for this?thanks...
  7. How much % is required of space for restore points?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How much % is required of space for restore points?: as the title says, how many gbs are needed. my OS is running on a 256gb nvme so space left aint much, so how much space should i reserve? like 5% right now tells its 11,89% of space. submitted by /u/Thorwoofie [link] [comments]...
  8. Protect system restore files

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Protect system restore files: After Microsoft's latest forced update, 1903, I discovered that all my previous system restore files had been wiped out. Is there any way of hiding, or protecting, or backing up system restore files? 136886
  9. System Protection - Restore "drive"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Protection - Restore "drive": I was, possibly foolishly, going through the system protection settings today and notice that the Restore drive had protection off. I went into the configure settings and enabled it. Noticing that the drive size was at 5.45 Gig with a max set at 20.1 Gig. After hitting...
  10. Unknown Space - Not System Restore Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Space - Not System Restore Files: I've had this issue on every Windows 7 and onwards PC I've owned and it's the dreaded "unknown" space being used that gets bigger and bigger until it becomes noticeable. The issue is this time is it doesn't seem like the easy delete the system restore files option within...