Windows 10: In task manager in "Details" i have many chrome exe. files running, why?

Discus and support In task manager in "Details" i have many chrome exe. files running, why? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have 14 chrome.exe running 4 conhost.exe 2 csrss.exe 4 dllhost.exe 3 Dropbox.exe 2 fontdrvhost.exe 3 PWMTower.exe 4 RuntimeBroker.exe 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tripremote, Sep 4, 2018.

1. In task manager in "Details" i have many chrome exe. files running, why?

I have 14 chrome.exe running

4 conhost.exe

2 csrss.exe

4 dllhost.exe

3 Dropbox.exe

2 fontdrvhost.exe

3 PWMTower.exe

4 RuntimeBroker.exe

4 conhost.exe

And lots of svchost.exe running, is this normal?

Is this why my memory alarms come up?

:)

tripremote, Sep 4, 2018
  2. z10556 Win User

Task Manager not running

I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7
    The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or
    recently run file
    are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ?

z10556, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Cannot run .exe files

I rebooted my computer and it downloaded some updates. When it restarted, I could no longer run any .exe files. When I click on one, it asks me which program I would like to use to run it. Obviously, there are no programs on the list it offers me. The
    weirdest part is that some downloaded applications (like chrome, thankfully) still run. Any suggestions on how I can fix this or what happened?

robotoverlord, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

In task manager in "Details" i have many chrome exe. files running, why?

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

In task manager in "Details" i have many chrome exe. files running, why?

1. In task manager in "Details" i have many chrome exe. files running, why? - Similar Threads - task manager Details

2. Too many tasks in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many tasks in task manager: I have too many programs running in the background when i check the task manager how do i fix it and disable/delete the useless programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-tasks-in-task-manager/1207dab9-62be-4b41-b9c5-02b788a33113
  3. Too many tasks in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too many tasks in task manager: I have too many programs running in the background when i check the task manager how do i fix it and disable/delete the useless programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-tasks-in-task-manager/1207dab9-62be-4b41-b9c5-02b788a33113
  4. why have no name .exe running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why have no name .exe running?: I usually use the habit of not installing pirated software, always keep the firewall and windows defender open.But one day when I shut down my computer, I found that my computer might be running a .exe file without a name, I tried to find the file from the job manager, but I...
  5. why have no name .exe running?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why have no name .exe running?: I usually use the habit of not installing pirated software, always keep the firewall and windows defender open.But one day when I shut down my computer, I found that my computer might be running a .exe file without a name, I tried to find the file from the job manager, but I...
  6. why have no name .exe running?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Task Manager 'Details' Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager 'Details' Malfunctioning: I got my windows updated with the Insider Preview. The version now is the newest: 20251.1with FE. The task manager malfunctions as: Once I open the task manager and click 'Details', the task manager stops for a short whilewith no display and then crashes. In fact it also acts...
  8. fodhelper.exe running in "details" pane of task manager randomly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    fodhelper.exe running in "details" pane of task manager randomly?: to my knowledge this is the "manage optional features" dialog yet I see it running by itself sometimes. does anyone else have this running in the "details" pane of task manager despite not having opened that dialog box? submitted by /u/hi2323 [link] [comments]...
  9. Can not run .exe file. chrome setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not run .exe file. chrome setup: I need to install chrome so when i go to chrome.google.com i download the For Windows 10/8.1/8/7 64-bit. Once it downloads i open it, my cursor shows the loading symbol, but it never opens. any ideas on why?...
  10. Why do I have Chrome in boot programs (tab in task manager) ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do I have Chrome in boot programs (tab in task manager) ?: Hi reddit ! First of all, I'm not a native speaker and I apologise for grammar and spelling mistakes. To clarify things, I don't like windows nor chrome, I use windows for gaming because it's easier, and I use Firefox with Duckduckgo because I don't agree with their weird...