Windows 10: In the 2023 update to Windows 10 Photos App, 'Highlights' adjustment no longer works. Also...

Discus and support In the 2023 update to Windows 10 Photos App, 'Highlights' adjustment no longer works. Also... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 10 Photos has changed again in 2023. Mostly, it's better but the Highlights adjustment has been completely neutered. It was an extremely useful... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Brilloh, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Brilloh Win User

In the 2023 update to Windows 10 Photos App, 'Highlights' adjustment no longer works. Also...

Windows 10 Photos has changed again in 2023. Mostly, it's better but the Highlights adjustment has been completely neutered. It was an extremely useful way to reduce brightness in areas that are too bright such as bleed-out at the tops of trees and around faces - Highlights could be adjusted to make the edges sharp again and it could eliminate glare from over exposed area of the photo. Now it does not work at all. It never reduces brightness in over bright areas, it just washes out the photo, including the darker lines, like a second unnecessary contrast adjustment. In an attempt to reduce h

:)

Brilloh, Dec 7, 2023

2. Windows 10 Photo app no longer works

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?
    • Do you get any error message or error code on the screen?
    I would suggest you to follow the below methods.

Method 1: Try running windows app troubleshooter & check if the issue persists.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    • Click on the sign in icon next to the search option.
    • Select the option download & update.
    • Click on the check for the updates.
    Method 3: I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Dec 7, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Photos app not working

Hello,

We'll be glad to help. Let's go ahead and get the issue resolved.

We would suggest you to follow the following methods listed below.

Method: 1

Try running windows app troubleshooter & check if the issue persists.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method: 2

Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    Method: 3

We would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Photos app for Windows help.

Let us know if these methods been helpful to you. If the issue persists, send us a message and we'll be here to help you further.

Thank you.

Noreen Mon, Dec 7, 2023
  4. In the 2023 update to Windows 10 Photos App, 'Highlights' adjustment no longer works. Also...

Photos App not working in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to follow the below methods.

Method: 1

Try running windows app troubleshooter & check if the issue persists.

Method: 2

Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    Method: 3

I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Dec 7, 2023
Thema:

In the 2023 update to Windows 10 Photos App, 'Highlights' adjustment no longer works. Also...

1. In the 2023 update to Windows 10 Photos App, 'Highlights' adjustment no longer works. Also... - Similar Threads - 2023 update Photos

2. In the 2023 update to Windows 10 Photos App, 'Highlights' adjustment no longer works. Also...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In the 2023 update to Windows 10 Photos App, 'Highlights' adjustment no longer works. Also...: Windows 10 Photos has changed again in 2023. Mostly, it's better but the Highlights adjustment has been completely neutered. It was an extremely useful way to reduce brightness in areas that are too bright such as bleed-out at the tops of trees and around faces - Highlights...
  3. July 2023 photo app no longer shows "people" section

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    July 2023 photo app no longer shows "people" section: What happened to the "people" section of the Microsoft Photo app? Seems the app had an update to only show pictures..awful! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/july-2023-photo-app-no-longer-shows-people-section/b494be0d-255b-4290-a01c-6bec7e364bd1
  4. July 2023 photo app no longer shows "people" section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    July 2023 photo app no longer shows "people" section: What happened to the "people" section of the Microsoft Photo app? Seems the app had an update to only show pictures..awful! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/july-2023-photo-app-no-longer-shows-people-section/b494be0d-255b-4290-a01c-6bec7e364bd1
  5. July 2023 photo app no longer shows "people" section

6. Fix the Windows 10 Photos app 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix the Windows 10 Photos app 2023: I'll give you all fixes for the Photos app so something will work. Even if you've tried a step please do it over in order as one always works: 1 See if you can System Restore to a point before the problem started:...
  7. Fix the Windows 10 Photos app 2023

Fix the Windows 10 Photos app 2023: I'll give you all fixes for the Photos app so something will work. Even if you've tried a step please do it over in order as one always works: 1 See if you can System Restore to a point before the problem started:...
  8. Photos App no longer working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App no longer working...: Is there anyone except me who is experiencing being unable to open photos anymore? I can't open any photos in Windows Explorer anymore. If I bring up a folder of photos and click on one to open it, it says, "The specified feature could not be found." Has anybody else...
  9. Photos App no longer working...

Photos App no longer working...: Is there anyone except me who is experiencing being unable to open photos anymore? I can't open any photos in Windows Explorer anymore. If I bring up a folder of photos and click on one to open it, it says, "The specified feature could not be found." Has anybody else...
  10. Brightness adjustment no longer works.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness adjustment no longer works.: I updated to the latest Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.348] version and now I can't adjust brightness at all anymore. Hope MS can fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-adjustment-no-longer-works/4bcab9d0-efb5-435c-9f39-9e833423970b