Windows 10: In the command prompt my C: drive was changed to an X: drive and computer is unable to boot...

Discus and support In the command prompt my C: drive was changed to an X: drive and computer is unable to boot... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After a Windows 10 update my Dell X8900 desktop would not boot up. I got the error message no OS available. I went to the command prompt and it looks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LoriMundus, Dec 19, 2019.

1. In the command prompt my C: drive was changed to an X: drive and computer is unable to boot...

After a Windows 10 update my Dell X8900 desktop would not boot up. I got the error message no OS available.

I went to the command prompt and it looks like my C: was changed to an X: drive and it has all my files but is not bootable.

if I can get my Windows 10 divd to install could I copy my files from the command prompt to the new Windows 10 directory?

:)

LoriMundus, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Alex_N_99 Win User

BSOD - drive C changed to drive X

After the restart following the 11/18/2017 Win10 64bit Pro update, I have the BSOD with stop code 0xc000021a. I am able to access the command prompt....Troubleshooting revealed that what was drive C is now drive X. At the command line, I can access a drive
    C is but it is empty. A directory listing of drive X appears to show everything that should be on drive C. I suspect the update possibly failed at some point causing this problem. How can I fix it?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Alex_N_99, Dec 19, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Dual Booting 2 x Windows 10 OS Drives (Existing Installs)

It is uneccessary to do all of the above.
    1. Boot up Windows 10
    2. Open Disk Management and take a note of the drive letter of the other Windows 10
    3. Open Admin Command Prompt and type: bcdboot X:\Windows where X is the drive letter noted in step 2
    4. Reboot, you should have a dual boot menu.

topgundcp, Dec 19, 2019
  4. cwtech Win User

In the command prompt my C: drive was changed to an X: drive and computer is unable to boot...

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

In the command prompt my C: drive was changed to an X: drive and computer is unable to boot...

1. In the command prompt my C: drive was changed to an X: drive and computer is unable to boot... - Similar Threads - command prompt drive

2. Command Prompt or PowerShell Syntax to DISM Fix Drive C: But Using a the Command Prompt of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt or PowerShell Syntax to DISM Fix Drive C: But Using a the Command Prompt of...: Hi Windows 11 friends.I have no more external USB or Flashdrive to create a USB Windows 11 build 22H2 Installer to fix the drive C: Windows 11 build 22H2 nor can use its DISM or SFC Checkdisk runs fine but it's not powrful enough to fix it on its own Command Prompt among...
  3. Command Prompt or PowerShell Syntax to DISM Fix Drive C: But Using a the Command Prompt of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt or PowerShell Syntax to DISM Fix Drive C: But Using a the Command Prompt of...: Hi Windows 11 friends.I have no more external USB or Flashdrive to create a USB Windows 11 build 22H2 Installer to fix the drive C: Windows 11 build 22H2 nor can use its DISM or SFC Checkdisk runs fine but it's not powrful enough to fix it on its own Command Prompt among...
  4. Unable to boot from C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot from C drive: This is a 5 yr old custom built machine by Digital Storm. Specs as follows: AMD-FX-6300, 6 cores; MSI MB-970A-G43 Plus; 32 GB DDR3 /RAM; Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti; Windows 10 Home, v 2004. This is my brother's machine which I do most of the upkeep on. The other day I put 2...
  5. Unable to change -Command Prompt - To :- Elevated Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to change -Command Prompt - To :- Elevated Command Prompt: Having problem installing updates windows 10 64bit - version 2004 -- need to access command prompt as an Administrator to try to fix. Any ideas ?...
  6. After bsod my c drive dissapeared in command prompt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After bsod my c drive dissapeared in command prompt: Hello. 1. I installed wmvare, i think i added bad cpu setup or something, restarted pc 2. Pc gave error bad configuration BSOD 3. I entered in advanced recovery option then at command prompt i wrote A. Bootrec /fixmbr B. Bootrec /fixboot C . Bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup But...
  7. X command prompt?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    X command prompt?: Hi all ive been having issues with a laptop- have had help before but I still not booting up. It reads the windows 10 media but gets to 50% then says error. So so I downloaded recovery media and that usb not even being recognised in boot set up. So so I went...
  8. command on drive x

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    command on drive x: Can I use cmd prompt on windows drive x for changing the amount of time I can work before the system reboots? I am working on saving files before I use a usb device to install windows 10, in which case I lose all my files and applications. I make incremental copies of my most...
  9. What's the help command in drive X:\ (Recovery Drive) CMD Prompt?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's the help command in drive X:\ (Recovery Drive) CMD Prompt?: Does the HELP, /?, /help or ? work in the CMD Prompt of Drive X:\ (Windows Recovery Environment on Windows 10)? It doesn't on my computer, concerned it might be tampering if not simply a quirk of Windows RE. 99995
  10. Unable to login to boot command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to login to boot command prompt: Hi, I have just used the SHIFT-Restart option to activate the Windows 10 Troubleshooting and tried to open a command prompt. It asked for a password. I entered my password but was told it was incorrect. I booted normally using the PIN I normally use, and went...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how fix boot x to c drive

2. how to change x to c in command prompt from troubleshooting

3. How to change X drive to C drive in CMD

4. cdrive changed to x,
  5. change x: to c: command prompt,
  6. windows has changed to x:,
  7. Why did drive c:\ change to drive x:\,
  8. How do I change from X drive to C drive with command prompt,
  9. x: in command prompt,
  10. x drive command prompt,
  11. command prompt X drive instead of C,