Windows 10: In the drop down box in hotspot, it doesn't give me the option to change network...

Discus and support In the drop down box in hotspot, it doesn't give me the option to change network... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; the drop down box in hotspot,it doesen,t give me the option to change network bands..what do i do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by elvin blair, Oct 27, 2019.

1. In the drop down box in hotspot, it doesn't give me the option to change network...

the drop down box in hotspot,it doesen,t give me the option to change network bands..what do i do?

:)

elvin blair, Oct 27, 2019

2. Mobile hotspot No network access

Hi,

To fix the issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your PC to your WiFi.
    • Right-click on the WiFi tray and click on Open network and sharing center.
    • Click on Change adapter settings which is present at the left side of the window.
    • Right-click on your WiFi and click on Properties, then click on the
      Sharing tab.
    • Check the box next to Allow other network to connect through this computer's internet and
      Allow other network users to control or disable the shared internet and click
      OK.
    • Go to Settings > Network & Internet >
      Mobile Hotspot
      and turn it on.

• After you turn on the hotspot, go back to the Change adapter settings window. You will find a connection called
      Local area connection* 20. The number 20 may differ.
    • Do step 4 again. In Sharing tab below the first checkbox, select the
      Local area connection* 20 from the drop-down.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Oct 27, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

In the drop down box in hotspot, it doesn't give me the option to change network... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 27, 2019
  4. In the drop down box in hotspot, it doesn't give me the option to change network...

drop down menu network connection

hi!

I'm trying to make my computer a hotspot, every step goes just fine until I try to connect the ethernet to my hotspot.

The problem is that there is supposed to be a drop down menu to select the ethernet as the connection I want, but in stead of a drop down menu I have a white box that say wireless network connection, I can't select any other options. (after right click on
    the ethernet, than properties and the the folder 'share'.

Is there a way to fix it and get the drop down menu anyway or can I connect it in an other way without having to use the drop down menu?

banaaninoor, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

In the drop down box in hotspot, it doesn't give me the option to change network...

1. In the drop down box in hotspot, it doesn't give me the option to change network... - Similar Threads - drop down box

2. drop down boxes not clickable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    drop down boxes not clickable: I recently upgraded to windows 11 and now when I right click something the window that drops down is not clickable. And when I went to restart the computer I could click on the power icon but the options that came up where not clickable either. So now I cannot shut down or...
  3. drop down boxes not clickable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drop down boxes not clickable: I recently upgraded to windows 11 and now when I right click something the window that drops down is not clickable. And when I went to restart the computer I could click on the power icon but the options that came up where not clickable either. So now I cannot shut down or...
  4. Windows doesn't give me any options to change display language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows doesn't give me any options to change display language: Hi. I just got a hp pavilion gaming laptop and it is in mexican Spanish. I am trying to change it to English, UK or US. Nothing is working to change it, not the language settings, nothing. It lets me download a language pack but it wont let me set it as display language or...
  5. THE DROP DOWN BOX

THE DROP DOWN BOX: Hi The drop down box to change from 24 to 12 hour does not work,it only gives one choice. Please can you help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-drop-down-box/4a1087a6-d9e8-49fb-be03-2995968a95f8
  6. Windows doesn't give me an option to shut down nor restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows doesn't give me an option to shut down nor restart: As of yesterday, for some reason my computer no longer gives me an option to shut down or restart. I can sign out, but it only lets me sign back in. Obviously I can just use the power button, but it's slower since I have to hold it for a bit. Does anyone know what's wrong...
  7. Drop down option not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drop down option not working: Chrome's drop down option has stopped working. Normally when you click on those down arrows they open. Now they do not. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-option-not-working/5cf7ff1b-2be5-4b2b-8f9d-ddefcddf0822
  8. in the drop down box in hotspot,it doesen,t give me the option to change network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    in the drop down box in hotspot,it doesen,t give me the option to change network...: the drop down box in hotspot,it doesen,t give me the option to change network bands..what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-the-drop-down-box-in-hotspotit-doesent-give-me/64c46ca7-ed1f-4853-9dc0-445d0109ae07
  9. Drop down options are transparent?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drop down options are transparent?: Hi, Is any one experiencing an issue where the drop down menu becomes transparent? It doesnt happen often and im not using special applications, Im just using office 365, and internet explorer, When it does happen all the drop down options from any application and system...
  10. drop down auto fill boxes

drop down auto fill boxes: due to living in multiple places and having multiple people use the computer there are numerous names, addresses, email addresses, cities and zip codes in these autofill boxes....how do i permanately delete the ones already there and stop new ones from being saved...